ADVERTISEMENT

President Joe Biden is withdrawing a series of executive orders that sought to ban new downloads of WeChat and TikTok

Good God. What the **** is wrong with this Admin? Do they have to everything 1/2 ass.

I feel like you really have no fvcking clue what you post about but just post anything to get attention. Really, what issue do you have with this move? You agree with Trump by trying to force a foreign company to be sold to Americans? How about that free market system, moron?

I feel like you really have no fvcking clue what you post about but just post anything to get attention. Really, what issue do you have with this move? You agree with Trump by trying to force a foreign company to be sold to Americans? How about that free market system, moron?
All you see is an App with cool Puertio Rican Rappers dancing and wearing eye pro. Tik Tok is a security risk for Americans and out govt.

Damn, it is a communist app.

Reactions: johns1124
As usual, deplorables are unable to read beyond a headline.

President Biden revoked executive orders targeting the Chinese-owned TikTok and WeChat apps initiated by former President Donald Trump and signed a new order requiring security reviews of these and other apps in the jurisdiction of foreign adversaries.
The order Wednesday doesn’t target any companies specifically. Instead, it directs the Commerce Department to evaluate all software applications with potential ties to foreign adversaries including China and take action to protect data on U.S. citizens gathered by the apps.

In other words, due process. Why would due process be important?

The officials say they remain concerned about security risks from Chinese and certain other foreign-owned apps but that the executive orders signed by Mr. Trump were effectively unenforceable.
Federal court rulings had blocked the orders from taking effect.

At a minimum, we should absolutely not allow Tik Tok and whatever that other app is to be used by members of the military and those with security clearances, especially on government phones. We can do that without due process. But if we are going to say teenagers can't use it, we need due process.
That said, I cannot think of any reason 99.999999% of TikTok users would mean anything to China. But if we can stick it to China, WITH DUE PROCESS, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

You are talking about an App. that was sending personal and financial (CC #'s) overseas to a region that is known for fraud. That could be a security risk. Now does Toc-Tic need to be totally removed? I'm not sure, as a fan of net neutrality, it tastes bad removing Toc-Doc. But to secure a person's personal information it may be needed. Now if you remember right Trump was, at first, going to remove Tic-Toc in order to do a review of the platform. Then (possibly) return it. Biden does not care and will allow it to stay up while they do a review. Personally, I feel it should be the other way around.

You are talking about an App. that was sending personal and financial (CC #'s) overseas to a region that is known for fraud. That could be a security risk. Now does Toc-Tic need to be totally removed? I'm not sure, as a fan of net neutrality, it tastes bad removing Toc-Doc. But to secure a person's personal information it may be needed. Now if you remember right Trump was, at first, going to remove Tic-Toc in order to do a review of the platform. Then (possibly) return it. Biden does not care and will allow it to stay up while they do a review. Personally, I feel it should be the other way around.

So you're advocating for businesses to be shut down without due process? Brilliant. Move to Iran.

And no, Trump wanted to force the company into being sold to an American company.

Did you even read the article? Biden is doing exactly what he should - gather information, review, then take action if necessary . . . action that actually have some teeth behind them. On the other hand, Trump took action (which had no teeth) and then wanted to review.

That's not how we do it in America, commie.

So you're advocating for businesses to be shut down without due process? Brilliant. Move to Iran.

And no, Trump wanted to force the company into being sold to an American company.

Did you even read the article? Biden is doing exactly what he should - gather information, review, then take action if necessary . . . action that actually have some teeth behind them. On the other hand, Trump took action (which had no teeth) and then wanted to review.

That's not how we do it in America, commie.
Tik Tok is a chinese communist app. They were worried about it being service members phones.

God damn, people wake up.

What is going to take? Another Pearl Harbor?

Greed's philosophy is as follows:
Anything Trump did - bad.
Anything Biden does - good.

What the Fifth Amendment actually says about due process:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

What the liberal D.C. Circuit Court says about the Fifth Amendment:

On May 25, 2012, the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, ruling in GSS Group Ltd. v. National Port Authority,i re-confirmed that foreign corporations owned by a foreign sovereign are entitled to the Fifth Amendment’s jurisdictional due process protections. The Court’s decision rested heavily on its own precedent, TMR Energy Ltd. v. State Prop. Fund of Ukraine,ii which held that a foreign state-owned corporation is entitled to constitutional due process protections under the Fifth Amendment

Who knew foreign corporations are persons? Common sense is dead to many and I can think of three shining examples of that. Care to guess who they are?

Same people defending TikTok here are ok with social media platforms violating sovereign US citizens' First Amendment rights without due process. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing...

Same people defending TikTok here are ok with social media platforms violating sovereign US citizens' First Amendment rights without due process. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing...
You're an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT