ADVERTISEMENT

Pretend you're the AD. Here are the opponents available to replace Pitt.

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
We're pretty much negated to selecting from the G5 for replacement teams. Assuming all conferences stay at 12 games here are the teams that would fit into the slot for the Pitt game. The week of September 12th.

As of right now we have open dates on Sept 5th, Sept 12th, and Nov 7th.

AAC
Houston
has an open date on Sept 12

Memphis has an open date on Sept 12 with the cancellation of Purdue

Navy has an open date on Sept 12

Independents
BYU
has an open date on Sept 5 and Sept 12 with the cancellation of Minnesota

Liberty has an open date on Sept 5 and Sept 12 with the cancellations of VT and NC A&T. They also have an open date on Nov 7

UCONN has an open date on Sept 12 with the cancellation of Illinois and Nov 7 with the cancellation of UNC

CUSA
North Texas
has an open date on Sept 12 with the cancellation of aTm,

S. Miss has an open date on Nov 7 and needs two replacement games due to the cancellation of Jackson St and Auburn

UAB has an open date on Sept 12 with the cancellation of Alabama A&M

UTSA has an open date on Sept 5 with the cancellation of LSU

MAC
Akron
has an open date on Nov 7 and needs to replace their cancelled Sept 19 game with
Clemson

Bowling Green has an open date on Sept 5 due to the cancellation of OSU

Buffalo could have an open date on Sept 12 as their game with Saint Francis U has been postponed and they need a replacement for the Sept 19 game against OSU. They also have an
open Date on Nov 7 so if they still keep their FCS game they still need another game.

Kent St has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of PSU

Miami has an open date Sept 5 with the cancellation of Pitt and Sept 12 with the cancellation of UAPB. They also have an open date on Nov 7. Even if Pitt ends up keeping their game they would still need to replace the UAPB game.

Ball State has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of Maine on Sept 3. They also have an open date on Nov 7. They need two replacement games as the Sept 19 Indiana game was cancelled.

CMU has an open date on Sept 12 after the cancellation of Nebraska.

EMU has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of UK. They also have an open date on Nov 7. They need two replacement games as the Sept 26 Missouri game was cancelled.

NIU has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of Rhode Island and Sept 12 after the cancellation of Maryland. They also have an open date on Nov 7. They need three replacement games due to the Sept 26 Iowa game being cancelled.

Toledo has an open date on Nov 7 and needs two replacement games after the cancellation of
Michigan St and the postponement of CCSU.

WMU has an open date on Sept 5 after their cancellation of Stony Brook on Sept 3. They also have an open date on Nov 7 and need two replacement games after the cancellation of the Sept 26 game vs Syracuse.

Mountain West
Air Force
could have an open date on Sept 5 if the postponement of Duquesne end up cancelled.

Colorado State already had open dates on Sept 5 and Sept 12. They need a replacement game after the cancellation of Vandy on Sept 26.

New Mexico has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of Mississippi St and an open date on Sept 12.

Fresno St has an open date on Sept 12 and needs a replacement game after the cancellation of aTM on Oct 10,

Hawaii has an open date on Sept 5 and on Sept 12 after the cancellation of Fordham on Sept 12.

Nevada has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of Arkansas

Sun Belt

Appy St has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of Morgan St and Sept 12 after the cancellation of Wake Forest. They also need a third replacement game after the cancellation of Wisconsin on Sept 19.

Coastal Carolina has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of S.Carolina
Georgia St has an open date on Sept 12 after the cancellation of Alabama

Troy has an open date on Sept 5 after the cancellation of UAPB.

Arkansas St has an open date on Sept 12 after their cancellation of Howard

South Alabama has an open date on Sept 12 after the cancellation of Grambling St.

ULM already had an open date on Sept 12 and needs two replacement games after the cancellation of UGA on Sept 26 and Arkansas on Sept 21.

It's going to have to be something close, that's pretty clear.

Memphis would be the best game to my eyes. BYU is too far away, as are every school in the Mountain West.

With all of that in mind, it'll be Ball State.

Agree about the MAC teams due to the "proximity" factor. In conference, I wouldn't mind a game with the "revitalized" UAB Blazers. I believe that they will be coming on our league schedule in the next East-West rotation or two, however. App is coming on the schedule, too, in the not to distant future. If we have to go on the road for a game I'd love to play the Middies in Annapolis. That win in the bowl game there over the Terps is one of my best all time in person experiences at a Herd game- - Maryland's last game ever as an ACC member! Too cool!''

If we need and can find a FCS foe for a game, I suggest Hamrick try to do a deal with Robert Morris. Hey, they are from Pittsburgh, or the Pittsburgh area. Would take some of the "sting" out of losing the Pitt game! ;)

Just curious why do we have to have a home game. There is a great chance IF we have a season it will be played with no fans. So wouldn’t we make more money if we played an away game rather than giving teams money to come here.

I know Liberty isn’t a trendy pick but they may have the most schedule flexibility.

I know Liberty isn’t a trendy pick but they may have the most schedule flexibility.

Yea I think they're one if three or four teams that have all three dates. I would hope we'd avoid scheduling a game on Nov 7 at all costs. Late season BYE's are crucial.

One of the biggest advantages we had in 2014 was how our BYE weeks fell. Correct me if I'm wong, but didn't we get two and they fell every 4 games dividing the season up in perfect thirds?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Not my two favorites from the list, but I would bet on it being either Akron or Bowling Green... I still don't think its going to matter.

I would prefer a FCS school if possible. That would help our new QB work through some game situations that he has not encountered yet. This season (if the overlords allow us to play) will have no room for error. A 7-1 or 8-0 record in conference seems like a necessity to me to have any chance of playing for a conference title this year.

Based on the MWC plan, looks like Boise is a no go as well. It’s either choose between coming here or them losing a home game.

Yea I think they're one if three or four teams that have all three dates. I would hope we'd avoid scheduling a game on Nov 7 at all costs. Late season BYE's are crucial.

One of the biggest advantages we had in 2014 was how our BYE weeks fell. Correct me if I'm wong, but didn't we get two and they fell every 4 games dividing the season up in perfect thirds?
Bleeds - they did indeed....

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT