ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking QB's for the upcoming season.

johns1124

Gold Buffalo
Aug 13, 2004

CBSSports does not think too highly of Wells putting him in the bottom tier. Although, their analysis is right on.

• Putting Wells in this tier may be a little harsh. All in all, he's coming off of a good season. But his last three games -- all losses -- were pretty rough and he wasn't blowing anyone away in the Herd's best win of the year vs. App State. He's probably Conference USA's best quarterback along with Tyler Johnston III at UAB. I'd just like to see him bounce back from those final three games.

I really hope he turns it around, but those last 3 games were about as bad as it gets.

I guess either the coaching staff couldn’t find a grad transfer to come in or they think Wells can be the guy. I hope it’s the latter and their right. He seems like a good kid and the effort was there.

I really hope he turns it around, but those last 3 games were about as bad as it gets.

I guess either the coaching staff couldn’t find a grad transfer to come in or they think Wells can be the guy. I hope it’s the latter and their right. He seems like a good kid and the effort was there.
Wells wasn’t the only player who performed poorly in the last three games. That fight canned the team.

In the grand scheme, they are rated him at #40, which is bad for a RS freshman (COVID repeat).

It was a combination of Wells losing confidence in himself, being a freshmen and the staffs glaring failure to help him get through that period by calling safe plays and easy passes. Or putting in Zban for a series or two to calm GW down. Coaching or lack thereof hurt most. jmo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT