Redd: Tindal embracing the role of veteran

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
Marshall’s Tindal embracing the role of veteran
by Derek Redd, Sports Writer

CHRIS DORST | Gazette-Mail

Marshall’s Corey Tindal had 73 tackles, 12 pass breakups and an interception in 2014.

HUNTINGTON — Marshall corner Corey Tindal is battle tested, a junior who has started since he was a freshman. Even though he’s always been in that starting defensive lineup, he’s had players to look up to, veterans like Darryl Roberts and Monterius Lovett whose demeanor and work ethic he could emulate.

Now he’s the veteran, tasked with leading the current crop of Thundering Herd defensive backs. He’s ready to be the player other teammates look toward and is preparing to be the corner opposing offenses will target...

LINK

Reactions: NoPuntIntended
I really like Tindal - always have. That being said, he played poorly down the stretch and was abused in the WKU game. Don't know if it's been said, but I have to believe he was playing injured the 2nd half of the year.

Reactions: NoPuntIntended
I really like Tindal - always have. That being said, he played poorly down the stretch and was abused in the WKU game. Don't know if it's been said, but I have to believe he was playing injured the 2nd half of the year.

He was definitely injured. Had a huge brace on his elbow and had surgery on it after the season was over.

Good to know. Hope he is fully recovered. Still like him better as a nickel though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT