ADVERTISEMENT

Reports out of Ukraine regarding evacuations or told to leave situation

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
over the last few days reports are coming in that China has told its citizens to leave Ukraine. They are citing a serious security situation.

China joins Kyrgstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan with that type of accouncement. Kazahstan has accounded their employees will be evacuated from its embassy in Kyiv(the capital) over the next few days.

Sounds like something could be brewing. Reports also coming in that Russia and Belarus are going to stage 100,000 troops on the Northern border with Belarus again.

Reactions: Jartard
Kyiv is under attack today..Drone type attacks. Hitting major infrastructure and other targets.

Russia is ramping things up.

Last edited:
This is a mess.

Does somebody want to put a % chance they think Russia will give back Crimea and not drop a nuke? I just don't see a scenario where Russia gives back a plot of land they covet, with 60% of the population there identifying as Russian, that they've had since 2014, and just leave without dropping a tactical nuke.

Does Crimea "belong" to Russia? No.
Does nuclear war changed calculations about who gets what? yes.

This is a mess.

Does somebody want to put a % chance they think Russia will give back Crimea and not drop a nuke? I just don't see a scenario where Russia gives back a plot of land they covet, with 60% of the population there identifying as Russian, that they've had since 2014, and just leave without dropping a tactical nuke.

Does Crimea "belong" to Russia? No.
Does nuclear war changed calculations about who gets what? yes.
Give back Crimea? 0%. 0.00000%. Not in our lifetimes.

And Russia probably has a decent “moral” claim to Crimea, honestly. And had they gone in and said that their only war goals were Crimea, access to Crimea, and the two autonomous regions? Honestly at that point we should’ve stayed out and let them have them.

Of course that’s not all they wanted.

Give back Crimea? 0%. 0.00000%. Not in our lifetimes.

And Russia probably has a decent “moral” claim to Crimea, honestly. And had they gone in and said that their only war goals were Crimea, access to Crimea, and the two autonomous regions? Honestly at that point we should’ve stayed out and let them have them.

Of course that’s not all they wanted.

I'm seeing Ukraine people saying they want Crimea back. I"m not sure if Zelensky has addressed it but I swear I saw on my twitter Ukrainian officials suggesting they want it back.

I'm seeing Ukraine people saying they want Crimea back. I"m not sure if Zelensky has addressed it but I swear I saw on my twitter Ukrainian officials suggesting they want it back.
Oh they want it back. But they haven’t really had it in a long time.

If they came out and said they didn’t want it back, or expect to get it back, it would severely lessen its function as a bargaining chip in an eventual peace deal.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
The Russians are using Iranian made drones to "bomb" Kyiv, including some civilian targets.

We are cutting deals with Iran while they are selling drones to Russia who is using them in Ukraine.

This is a big damn mess and getting worse. Belarus and Russian reinforcement troops are massing on the northern border of Ukraine. Are they going to make another attack on Kyiv? Push into northern Ukraine?

Keep an eye on this thing.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Wasn’t long ago our media was touting Ukraine “pushing Russia out..” inevitably so we would keep writing checks.

according to Al Jazeera

Russia controls more than 90,000 square kilometres (34,750 square miles) of territory or about 15 percent of Ukraine's total area – roughly the size of Portugal or Jordan. Russia had annexed Crimea in 2014.

INTERACTIVE-Which-Ukrainian-regions-is-Russia-annexing-.png

INTERACTIVE-WHO-CONTROLS-WHAT-IN-UKRAINE-219.png

If the Russians take Odesa then, Ukraine will have lost the Southern half of their country and access and ports of the Black Sea. They are in big trouble if that happens. However, Russia doesn't fully control many of the regions and there is fighting going on.

Ukrianes electic grid had taken a severe hit. The Russians have taken out major electric infrastructure.

Russia is ramping up the situation.

Russia has also declared martial law is several provinces they have taken over.

according to Al Jazeera
What a world.

Just joking, AJ is a good source for this stuff.
I imagine Odessa is a region Ukraine absolutely would not cede under any circumstances, for the reasons you mentioned. The other regions in the east they could. But not Odessa.

What a world.

Just joking, AJ is a good source for this stuff.
I imagine Odessa is a region Ukraine absolutely would not cede under any circumstances, for the reasons you mentioned. The other regions in the east they could. But not Odessa.
I read a lot of different sources. From all over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT