ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Conspiracy Theories

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
This is a good article about one of the January 6 insurrectionists and the damage that you tinfoil hat wearing morons caused one of your own. This guy was you: traveled to attend the trump rally, a die-hard deplorable. Those illogical conspiracies spread to the places you get your information: Fox News, Twitter, and Alex Jones

The article hits the nail on the head with the below two paragraphs. And it has a lot to do with what I have railed on you deplorables about: getting your news from sources who don't care about accuracy and aren't held to a standard, getting your news from Twitter and podcasts, blaming people who have nothing to do with your failures (wealthy people like Zuckerberg, Oprah, Bill Gates and/or immigrants).

As I watched video of Epps from January 6 and pored over transcripts of his sworn testimony from court documents and the congressional committee interview, I wondered: Why had a seemingly rational person fallen victim to conspiracy culture? Politically polarized cable news that relies on punditry, not factual reporting, was obviously part of it, along with social media “influencers” who build massive audiences by posting paranoid yarns. It’s never been easier for people to cherry-pick facts that match their beliefs — or fabricate them altogether. But why did so many of these fabrications hinge on scapegoating? Scholars say the answer can be found in the belief that white people have become increasingly marginalized, or “white grievance.”

“There is such tremendous income inequality that it produces an inevitable sense of grievance,” Michael Barkun, a Syracuse University emeritus professor who studies conspiracy theories and political extremism, told me. As declines in manufacturing and other blue-collar pursuits left many working-class white people struggling economically, many blamed bicoastal elites, rising immigration and anyone who had been a “minority” but seemed to be advancing into the “majority.” The sense of marginalization among Americans who traditionally viewed themselves as superior has perhaps led them to feel threatened. And people who feel threatened are more likely to believe conspiracy theories. Those who believe that white people experience racial discrimination, studies show, are more likely to believe the electoral process is corrupted.

This is a good article about one of the January 6 insurrectionists and the damage that you tinfoil hat wearing morons caused one of your own. This guy was you: traveled to attend the trump rally, a die-hard deplorable. Those illogical conspiracies spread to the places you get your information: Fox News, Twitter, and Alex Jones

The article hits the nail on the head with the below two paragraphs. And it has a lot to do with what I have railed on you deplorables about: getting your news from sources who don't care about accuracy and aren't held to a standard, getting your news from Twitter and podcasts, blaming people who have nothing to do with your failures (wealthy people like Zuckerberg, Oprah, Bill Gates and/or immigrants).

As I watched video of Epps from January 6 and pored over transcripts of his sworn testimony from court documents and the congressional committee interview, I wondered: Why had a seemingly rational person fallen victim to conspiracy culture? Politically polarized cable news that relies on punditry, not factual reporting, was obviously part of it, along with social media “influencers” who build massive audiences by posting paranoid yarns. It’s never been easier for people to cherry-pick facts that match their beliefs — or fabricate them altogether. But why did so many of these fabrications hinge on scapegoating? Scholars say the answer can be found in the belief that white people have become increasingly marginalized, or “white grievance.”

“There is such tremendous income inequality that it produces an inevitable sense of grievance,” Michael Barkun, a Syracuse University emeritus professor who studies conspiracy theories and political extremism, told me. As declines in manufacturing and other blue-collar pursuits left many working-class white people struggling economically, many blamed bicoastal elites, rising immigration and anyone who had been a “minority” but seemed to be advancing into the “majority.” The sense of marginalization among Americans who traditionally viewed themselves as superior has perhaps led them to feel threatened. And people who feel threatened are more likely to believe conspiracy theories. Those who believe that white people experience racial discrimination, studies show, are more likely to believe the electoral process is corrupted.
It’s easier to believe conspiracy theories when time and time again they are proven to be factual. It’s tinfoil hat wearing libs that believe everything the media tells you to believe.

It’s easier to believe conspiracy theories when time and time again they are proven to be factual. It’s tinfoil hat wearing libs that believe everything the media tells you to believe.

trump is a russian asset!!

trump is attempting to end democracy and overthrow the constitution!!!

hamas attack was a false flag!!

trump wasn't really shot; it was staged by trump himself!!!

the world can live on electric; no more use of fossil fuels!!!

Yehh not like our govt would ever doing anything wrong or do a cover up.

Maybe they should not give reasons for people to continuously doubt them.

Don't forget to wear your mask!

Reactions: 19MU88 and Jartard
Why is he saying people won’t have to vote after this time then doubling down on it?
“I said, vote for me, you’re not going to have to do it ever again. It’s true,” he said. “Because we have to get the vote out. Christians are not known as a big voting group. They don’t vote. And I’m explaining that to them. You never vote. This time, vote. I’ll straighten out the country, you won’t have to vote anymore. I won’t need your vote.”

hell, maybe he is hitler in disguise, which is what yore kind tends to believe. i think he's so got damn narcissistic that he believes that once he gets the country in the shape he believes he can, there will be so much support for his side that christians, whom he perceives to not vote, won't need to vote anymore as their side will easily win.

you go on with your conspiracy, though.

“I said, vote for me, you’re not going to have to do it ever again. It’s true,” he said. “Because we have to get the vote out. Christians are not known as a big voting group. They don’t vote. And I’m explaining that to them. You never vote. This time, vote. I’ll straighten out the country, you won’t have to vote anymore. I won’t need your vote.”

hell, maybe he is hitler in disguise, which is what yore kind tends to believe. i think he's so got damn narcissistic that he believes that once he gets the country in the shape he believes he can, there will be so much support for his side that christians, whom he perceives to not vote, won't need to vote anymore as their side will easily win.

Looks like he is saying that he will fix things so well there won't be a need to vote for them to vote again.

I have never heard one lib explain how the hell do they think he is going to be like Hitler. How could he pull that off.

That's why they vote for people like Obama who speak flowery and don't really say anything meaningful at all. Oh he is such a beautiful speaker. Ok what's he going to do and how?

I have never heard one lib explain how the hell do they think he is going to be like Hitler. How could he pull that off.
he secretly has the concentration camps for them in construction on eptein island.

That’s a weird argument for him to tout when he’s already been President for four years.

i think he's so got damn narcissistic
I think he's incredibly full of shit. He's so full of shit that sometimes he says things that are incredibly, mind-blowingly full of shit but he's so full of shit he doesn't realize how dumb it sounds.

many blamed bicoastal elites
Ironically, they blame those damn professors at Harvard, instead of, you know, the financial elites that caused many of their woes. Pro tip: a billionaire isn't going to save you from the billionaires.

I think he's incredibly full of shit. He's so full of shit that sometimes he says things that are incredibly, mind-blowingly full of shit but he's so full of shit he doesn't realize how dumb it sounds.

Ironically, they blame those damn professors at Harvard, instead of, you know, the financial elites that caused many of their woes. Pro tip: a billionaire isn't going to save you from the billionaires.
You do realize that most of the billionaires are liberal right? It's mind boggling that liberal idiots haven't figured out yet that the whole idea of their party sticking to the billionaires is a hoax of bullshit given that most of the billionaires are liberals themselves.

Posts conspiracy theories that Trump wasn't actually shot, then tries to make fun of right-wing conspiracy theories. Your TDS is worse than Greed's. Trump has broken you.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
Written by a liberal that doesn’t understand the concept of patriotism and believes that the government is good.

Posts conspiracy theories that Trump wasn't actually shot, then tries to make fun of right-wing conspiracy theories. Your TDS is worse than Greed's. Trump has broken you.

It was completely reasonable for a person to wonder if it was shrapnel and not a bullet based on the FBI not being able to match up the bullets with the cartridge count.

• Haha

Hey dumbass...Russia Collusion. Who all was involved in that?

Bleater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT