ADVERTISEMENT

rifle, The Grand Strand and the South

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
A recently published report named a popular Southern beach destination as the most moved-to city in 2024.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, took the crown of most moved-to city in an analysis published by PODS, a moving and storage company. Wilmington, North Carolina, shared the same spot.

PODS found that more and more Americans are opting to move to Southern states, which has become a trend in recent years.

"We’re seeing more people move to the Southern Appalachian region, which includes states like North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama," PODS explained.

"People are also continuing to move to select Florida cities and long-standing retirement favorites such as Boise, Portland (ME), and Phoenix."

PODS credited the Carolinas' popularity to its "low cost of living, access to the outdoors, and a solid quality of life."

Here are the 10 U.S. cities with the most move-ins in 2024:

1. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (spot shared with Wilmington, North Carolina)

2. Ocala, Florida

3. Houston, Texas

4. Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolina

5. Charlotte, North Carolina

6. Raleigh, North Carolina

7. Phoenix, Arizona

8. Knoxville, Tennessee

9. Jacksonville, Florida

10. Asheville, North Carolina

Myrtle hasn’t been the same since Mother Fletcher’s and the Pavilion closed.
f074563b-6083-403d-9102-09cc92cc1fbc_text.gif

The first 11 years of my life, I went to Disney for spring break. I was a bit jealous of those who went to Myrtle, because there was always a good bit of tongue-kissing and titty-feeling that went on down there that week. And as a pre-teen, that was as good as it got!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT