ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Sonny Randle

He will be missed. He got us rolling on the right path. I loved his Sonnyisms as well. Is Sonny in the MU HOF? If not, he should be.

Reactions: ohio herd
The call regarding Moss's TD vs Army

Sonny's early morning runs in Ritter Park , some ran with him on a permanent basis i.e our kicker whose name escapes me at the moment

Sonny was just Sonny and darned funny without even trying to be.

RIP Coach.

Reactions: ToesMU
Sonny left a much better program to Parrish than he inherited from Frank Ellwood...RIP, and totally agree he should be in the MU HOF if not already!

I co-sign this. Coach Ellwood was a neighbor and friend plus a great guy but the talent level was very very poor when he was fired.

I co-sign this. Coach Ellwood was a neighbor and friend plus a great guy but the talent level was very very poor when he was fired.
Always like Coach Ellwood, came to our Frat house to speak but talent level was very poor as you noted. I believe Todd Ellwood stayed at MU and played for Sonny after his Dad was let go.

Always like Coach Ellwood, came to our Frat house to speak but talent level was very poor as you noted. I believe Todd Ellwood stayed at MU and played for Sonny after his Dad was let go.

You're right on it, Todd finished his playing career in Huntington

"Mickey the Dunce could have figured that one out."

"...when Moby Dick was a minna."

"You can't make chicken salad without the chicken."

Those were my favorites. This is almost as sad as when Joe Nuxhall died. Part of your childhood just gone. Ole Father Time.

Just had to throw these in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT