ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Top 242 DT recruits suggestion:

Herdloyal

Green Buffalo
Apr 12, 2018
The lack of a DT corp like our Oline corp has been a thorn in the flesh for the Defense!

Suggestion: What is it that all players want?......playing time!!! So when I looked at the top 242 list of DT’s there’s 3 DT who I believe could be recruited to Marshall. One is undecided and two are Verbals. That’s where I would start! Make them offers they can not refuse within the Legal and Lawful guidelines of course. Doc you need to get your ass in gear brother cause time is almost up as HC cause we as fans have had it with Mediocre football and only one Championship and a lost of football power is just unacceptable! Enough Said!!!

Reactions: sistersville
The lack of a DT corp like our Oline corp has been a thorn in the flesh for the Defense!

Suggestion: What is it that all players want?......playing time!!! So when I looked at the top 242 list of DT’s there’s 3 DT who I believe could be recruited to Marshall. One is undecided and two are Verbals. That’s where I would start! Make them offers they can not refuse within the Legal and Lawful guidelines of course. Doc you need to get your ass in gear brother cause time is almost up as HC cause we as fans have had it with Mediocre football and only one Championship and a lost of football power is just unacceptable! Enough Said!!!
This is one of those positions that you have to learn to develop. You take high school TE's and linebackers and make them defensive lineman. This is one place I still fault Doc. You have to understand how to evaluate talent and then develop that talent once the kids are in school. The thing is Doc knows this is how its done but he would rather recruit based off of rankings and who else has offered. When you recruit at a place like marshall you need be able to watch film and be able to project if that kid can develop and play at the next level.

this is the one area where I feel Doc drops the ball.

The only way we are going to get a top 250 recruit, at the hardest position to recruit, is if they are a prop. We need to be able to evaluate players that can be molded into defense tackles.

Also, I will agree that having 250lb dtackles isn't cutting it.

The only way we are going to get a top 250 recruit, at the hardest position to recruit, is if they are a prop. We need to be able to evaluate players that can be molded into defense tackles.

Also, I will agree that having 250lb dtackles isn't cutting it.

What I can not understand is why Doc is so damn determine to rely on speed all the time!
Now we lose a Good sized white TE. Doc is a fool!!!

What speed? When the stated second fastest player on your team (wide receiver) runs a 4.79 on his pro day workout - that speaks volumes about your team speed.

ADVERTISEMENT