ADVERTISEMENT

Russian escalation

-CarlHungus-

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
Did we just escalate things? Maybe not. This is about to complicate things though.

Who knows if leak or sabotage or if we are involved. But the pipeline is leaking. We very well may never know how or why.

• Wow
Reactions: SamSwimmer
I’m not sure why we’d hit there if we were going to. But it seems intentional. Both having explosions that close together in time but not in the same place?

Yeah it does seem intentional.
But it doesn’t make sense to me that either we’d do it or Russia would do it..

May make more sense if Russia did it in an effort to drum up support at a time they are calling up the reserves and implementing the draft.
That’s the only thing I could think of for Russia. They already have control over the pipeline, so if they wanted to squeeze EU supply they just shut it off. No reason to blow it up.

Why? It makes absolutely no sense for us to unless the squad is running the dod
What if we were pressuring the EU to hold strong and not import Russian gas …and EU started wavering on this knowing a tough winter is coming. EU may want a peace deal. We don’t.

so we just take out that option.

it’s cynical and damaging to both EU and Russia but it’s a chess move of sorts.

Hell, I don’t know. It doesn’t have to make sense.

Biden and admin were clear in February that if Russia invaded Ukraine we would see that pipeline cease to exist.

Reactions: ohio herd
Why? It makes absolutely no sense for us to unless the squad is running the dod
Probably not, but think about this.

1)It makes Russia look more bad and that keeps the funding for the war going

2)It allows the climate zealouts to say look fossil fuels bad, damaging the environment, etc.

But, if we did it then it would more than likely be #1

Not saying we did, bu never doubt what big govt and the new world order is capable of. The whole war in Ukraine stinks to high heaven. It is just a big proxy war and doesn't add up and we are funneling billions in there.

This appears to be another outstanding Biden foreign policy decision. We will freeze Russia out....oh, wait...

Everything is a terrorist attack these days. Two countries are at war. Anything is on the table. Don't get all that is a terrorist attack talk all the time. When the countries fought in WW2 it was all out war. Terrorist attack talk is nonsense.

Everything is a terrorist attack these days. Two countries are at war. Anything is on the table. Don't get all that is a terrorist attack talk all the time. When the countries fought in WW2 it was all out war. Terrorist attack talk is nonsense.
We’d have more all out war if nukes didn’t exist. Instead we have this game we play now where everyone pushes everything right to the edge, to see how far they can go without triggering a cataclysm.

We’d have more all out war if nukes didn’t exist. Instead we have this game we play now where everyone pushes everything right to the edge, to see how far they can go without triggering a cataclysm.
Not really. We didn't do all out war in Afghanistan or Iraq. The first Gulf War we did and on wait, we kicked their ass and were out of the area in 6 months. Now, we take lawyers to the battlefield.

Not really. We didn't do all out war in Afghanistan or Iraq. The first Gulf War we did and on wait, we kicked their ass and were out of the area in 6 months. Now, we take lawyers to the battlefield.
The fact that we had to go back to Iraq kind of shows that the first Gulf War wasn’t a total success. Blowing up all of someone’s shit doesn’t necessarily further a strategic goal.

To this day I don’t know why we were in Afghanistan. I don’t even know what a win there would’ve looked like. Everybody throwing off their hijabs and putting on blue jeans and singing Bon Jovi?

I used to think it was overly cynical to say Afghanistan was about funneling money to arms contractors, but as time goes on I just don’t get what else we thought we would accomplish.

The fact that we had to go back to Iraq kind of shows that the first Gulf War wasn’t a total success. Blowing up all of someone’s shit doesn’t necessarily further a strategic goal.

To this day I don’t know why we were in Afghanistan. I don’t even know what a win there would’ve looked like. Everybody throwing off their hijabs and putting on blue jeans and singing Bon Jovi?

I used to think it was overly cynical to say Afghanistan was about funneling money to arms contractors, but as time goes on I just don’t get what else we thought we would accomplish.
Please tell me you are joking about Afghanistan.

Reactions: HerdFan73

YOu don't know why we were in Afghanistan? Really? You might have a point we were there too long. But, you really don't know why were there? Cmon

YOu don't know why we were in Afghanistan? Really? You might have a point we were there too long. But, you really don't know why were there? Cmon
I get why we went and took out a bunch of Al-qaeda people. I don’t get why or if we thought we could build up a government that would last after we left.

Russia is now off the hook for any kind of liquidated damages per contract, by otherwise not having to provide the EU via this pipeline. It's now sabotage "by unknown actors" compared to Pootin just claiming he's shut the pipeline down "long term."

Russia is now off the hook for any kind of liquidated damages per contract, by otherwise not having to provide the EU via this pipeline. It's now sabotage "by unknown actors" compared to Pootin just claiming he's shut the pipeline down "long term."
That doesn’t make much sense considering Putin wanted to keep selling as far as I know, Europe was just trying to avoid buying from Russia.

Really I can’t think of who this would make sense for.

Huggghhh what did herdman say? Who has the motivation?

At the end of the day, I'm glad I'm an American and believe it's the best place in the world to live. But between WMD's, Gulf of Tonkin...we've been known to escalate things.

Clearly a state actor did this. It could be Russia, Ukraine (via outside help), Poland/Norway (see their new pipeline), or the US. To reflexively just say Russia did it is folly IMO.

Who on here supports Ukraine joining NATO right now & the consequences it will bring?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT