ADVERTISEMENT

Saw on UVa board, Herd Hoops there next year

I had "herd" that!!! Great to see @ least an "unofficial" confirmation. Great game, quality opponent. A team that specializes in slow-down defense vs the Herd who is, like "meh, I think we'll run them and fire at will" ....

Reactions: kdbherdon
Matt Riley, their head athletic photographer who has had an incredible past decade in Charlottesville, and proud son of Marshall, will need to wear some kelly green underneath his orange that evening :)

Reactions: marshallisqbu
being a lifelong marshall fan and MU and UVA alumnus I could not be happier.. a true contrast of styles

So, there are 13 games, right? So so far we have:
@ Virginia
@ Maryland
Home to 3 randos in the Global deal
@ Texas A&M
WIlliam & Mary
@ Duquesne

So that leaves 5 to fill. Assume Ohio U and Morehead, right? So that leaves 3?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So, there are 13 games, right? So so far we have:
@ Virginia
@ Maryland
Home to 3 randos in the Global deal
@ Texas A&M
WIlliam & Mary
@ Duquesne

So that leaves 5 to fill. Assume Ohio U and Morehead, right? So that leaves 3?
The schedule is complete except the date on the Morehead game. Yes, there are a couple games I am missing but I don't want to give false information.

The Global teams are home vs. Hofstra, Mt. St. Marys and Delaware State. Maryland on the road is the other.

Is it safe to presume that the other 3 games are against either mid-majors with maybe one D2 team thrown in?

In order to take advantage of a retirement perk of free transportation from their old employer, former Amtrak Engineer Tim Hensley and Conductor Larry Bjornson are already making plans to revisit their old haunts in Charlottesville. The last time we were together in the JPJ, -- about five years ago -- we saw the Cavaliers beat Duke for the first time in many years. Hears hoping to the Herd leaving there happy!

So it looks like this thus far?...

Home: Hofstra, Delaware State, Mount St. Mary's, Ohio, William and Mary, Morehead State
Away: Maryland, Texas A/M, Virginia, Duquesne.

Don't we owe Western Carolina one? Like Chattanooga last year?

Hopefully one of the games we don't know yet it is a "good" home game.

So it looks like this thus far?...

Home: Hofstra, Delaware State, Mount St. Mary's, Ohio, William and Mary, Morehead State
Away: Maryland, Texas A/M, Virginia, Duquesne.

Don't we owe Western Carolina one? Like Chattanooga last year?

Hopefully one of the games we don't know yet it is a "good" home game.

Thought I read somewhere that Delaware St. had been replaced by a North Carolina school, maybe A&T, in the Global Tourney, Thought we still had a series going with Akron but I guess not. Guess the UTC series was only 2 games. Believe W. Carolina was a foe in the Global event so don't believe we owe them a game there.

Thought I read somewhere that Delaware St. had been replaced by a North Carolina school, maybe A&T, in the Global Tourney, Thought we still had a series going with Akron but I guess not. Guess the UTC series was only 2 games. Believe W. Carolina was a foe in the Global event so don't believe we owe them a game there.
We do have Toledo, Ohio and Akron along with EKU and Morehead. I confirmed that with Mark Wednesday.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
So out of conference we have-
NC A&T, Mt. Saint Mary’s, Hofstra, Maryland, Toledo, Akron, Morehead St., Duquesne, Texas A&M, Virginia.

That’s is 11 of 13, who is missing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT