ADVERTISEMENT

SB Nation Wants to Merge C-USA and the Sun Belt

Liberty has been wanting to be "the protestant Notre Dame" for 40 years. In academics, it darn near is. Very good school, although it cheapens itself with an online division 5 times the size of the real school.

Hahaha, thanks for that I haven't had a laugh that good in ages. I grew up in the greater Lynchburg area, and Liberty is a joke academically. When I was applying to colleges about a decade ago they were giving away free iPods to anyone who accepted. It really doesn't take much to get into Liberty (not that Marshall was all that selective either). I have several friends and family members who went there and do not speak highly of its academic reputation.

Recruiting to the FBS? You think anyone is able to recruit quality FBS players by saying "well, you will be playing an FCS schedule your first few years, and you won't even be able to play in the FCS playoffs during some of that time, but by the time you are a senior, you will be able to play an FBS schedule?"

You can't recruit FBS players under that situation. If you were, schools who transition to FBS would be expected to be competitive within their first couple of years. No school which has recently transitioned is that foolish.

It was a team of mostly FCS players who won 4 games, lost 2 by just 1 point, and lost another by 7. Those seniors weren't recruited as FBS players. No legitimate FBS player with other offers at that level would accept playing an FCS schedule for 2-3 years (and not even being playoff eligible) just to play 1 or 2 years at the FBS level.

Winning four games (again, with two losses by just 1 point) is a huge accomplishment for a new program.
Ummm yeah that is how it works.....hey I get it, but the way you feel the need to attack instead of respond on here is unbecoming. I stand by what I said, else old dominion would be doing much worse than they have

Reactions: The Real SamC
Ummm yeah that is how it works.....hey I get it, but the way you feel the need to attack instead of respond on here is unbecoming. I stand by what I said, else old dominion would be doing much worse than they have

No, that isn't how it works. Coaches who have just transitioned to FBS are given far lower expectations by those who matter. A coach who just went 4-8 with two losses by one point each in just their second year in FBS (and only 4th playing football) should not be on the hot seat. Claiming otherwise is absurd and shows a lack of basic knowledge on the subject.

Your ODU comparison is entirely different. First, ODU has been playing football more than twice as long as Charlotte has had a program. Also, one's "success" does not mean everyone is going to have the same expectation. Should all G5 head coaches be held to the same standards as Boise just because Boise has done so well?

And stop being absurd. Nobody attacked you.

No, that isn't how it works. Coaches who have just transitioned to FBS are given far lower expectations by those who matter. A coach who just went 4-8 with two losses by one point each in just their second year in FBS (and only 4th playing football) should not be on the hot seat. Claiming otherwise is absurd and shows a lack of basic knowledge on the subject.

Your ODU comparison is entirely different. First, ODU has been playing football more than twice as long as Charlotte has had a program. Also, one's "success" does not mean everyone is going to have the same expectation. Should all G5 head coaches be held to the same standards as Boise just because Boise has done so well?

And stop being absurd. Nobody attacked you.
We get it you love UNCC, and yes, the way you reply to folks on here is defensive/attack. I would love to see them return to glory in basketball, would love to see them finish the stadium to 1A standards and really compete, neither one of those has or is happening right now. You can't just say "no, that's not how I see it". Your first argument was they didn't have FBS recruits or similar, then I bring up ODU and how well they have performed considering, you say that's not the same either because ODU played longer, which one are you going for, because quite frankly you aren't making sense. Look, there is an 85 scholly limit in 1A, they have been recruiting for 1A the same amount of time that ODU has been recruiting for 1A., they both played 1AA ball, albeit UNCC played for a much shorter amount, but that has nothing to do with them recruiting for 1A play. If they don't produce this year or the next, a coaching change is due. That's my two cents and you are welcome to disagree with it, but you are not welcome to attack me or anyone else for that matter.

Reactions: The Real SamC
We get it you love UNCC, and yes, the way you reply to folks on here is defensive/attack. .

I have no feelings either way on Charlotte. That doesn't prohibit me from calling an asinine post about Charlotte asinine.

Your first argument was they didn't have FBS recruits or similar, then I bring up ODU and how well they have performed considering, you say that's not the same either because ODU played longer, which one are you going for, because quite frankly you aren't making sense. Look, there is an 85 scholly limit in 1A, they have been recruiting for 1A the same amount of time that ODU has been recruiting for 1A., they both played 1AA ball, albeit UNCC played for a much shorter amount, but that has nothing to do with them recruiting for 1A play.

It makes perfect sense. Having only been FBS for 2 years, they haven't been recruiting FBS players for as long as their competitors. You claimed that ODU was in the same situation. There is a huge difference, which you acknowledged: ODU was playing FCS much longer. In fact, they played long enough to become a top 25 FCS team. Top 25 FCS teams can compete quite well in the lower FBS conferences. So, due to having time to establish their program in FCS, something Charlotte wasn't afforded the opportunity to do, ODU was already competitive with the lower FBS conferences.

Your claim about 85 schollies is also ignorant of the process. I'm sure Charlotte was given an NCAA waiver to sign more each year than is usually alllowed. Seems good, right? Nope. Other programs have ten coaches to recruit and fill a certain number of scholarships. Recruiting is all about building relationships. If the ten Charlotte coaches had to fill many more scholarships per years, each of their coaches had to recruit more players, thus spend less time building relationships with each recruit.

It's a major disadvantage.

So, yes, only being in FBS two years is a huge negative for them. Having only played football for two years before that is just as much of a negative.

welcome to attack me or anyone else for that matter.

Calling a post "absurd" isn't an attack. Calling you the moron and baby that you are is an attack.

If they don't produce this year or the next, a coaching change is due.

Ha! You just doubled your timeline. It was one season earlier. Now, you're giving them two more seasons?

Sounds like you realized that putting him on the hot seat right now is asinine. Glad you saw the light in how absurd your comment was that you've now doubled the timeline.

LOL haha whatever makes you feel good in the morning is all that matters

Last edited:
What ever happened to the CUSA/Mountain West agreement? I thought there was a deal a few years back for scheduling "trading" or some such thing. Did anything ever come of it?

I decided to look myself too. Here is an article from ESPN on the very topic. (from 2012) But, like I said, nothing seemed to come of it.
The AAC traitors stabbed the other CUSA and MWC schools in the back when the deal could have effectively ended the Big East as a football conference and forced some Big east football schools to join CUSA. The defection of the 1st few schools to the Big East ruined the deal as it lead to mistrust among the members of both conferences. It was really the best opportunity for the G5 to create a 32 school alliance with 2 16-school conferences where 2 crossover OOC games would be set each year between CUSA and MWC schools. It could be done now and take more Sun Belt schools to fill in the 32 spots, but it wouldn't have the same impact or strength.

LOL haha whatever makes you feel good in the morning is all that matters

ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME! That's an attack! "You are not welcome to attack me or anyone else for that matter."

So, is it this season he should be canned if he doesn't turn it around (which is what I called absurd) or is it this season AND next season that he should be given to turn it around as you changed your comment to?

It sure seems like you agree with my argument now that you have changed your stance.

Wrong, doesn't matter though lol haha some people would love to argue that a blade of grass is a tree and that a tree is a rock. Doesn't do any good to argue with them, just laugh and move along lol

If Lambert at UNCC can't get them going this year, they need to go a different direction, a new program that is already stagnant.

I argued that it was absurd to make such a comment. Lambert isn't and shouldn't be on the hot seat this year, and he shouldn't be let go if he doesn't "get them going this head."

You vehemently defended your comment that he should be let go if he doesn't get them going this year.

You then said "if they don't producer this year is the next, a coaching change is due."

In the course of this thread, you doubled your time limit after I argued against your original, shorter time limit.

If I keep showing why your original comment was absurd, will you continue to defend it, and then give state that Lambert deserves three more seasons to turn it around?

Hello rock, lets go talk to the wall............sure. He should be let go this year if he doesn't produce, at worst next year. We gave Mr. Snyder 5 years to screw us up, I could see UNCC giving him another year after this one and one could argue that one more year is needed, but I will not be one of those, if he has another subpar season........ I stand by my post saying he should be let go after this year. 3 and 4 wins don't cut it with a G5 program, to keep your fan base in it, you have to win from time to time and if they kept him after another subpar season in wins and production, he needs to be let go and move on. Now knock it off, very very annoying.

beefcake-birthday-ecard.jpg

Reactions: beefcake0520
First, it was:

"If Lambert at UNCC can't get them going this year, they need to go a different direction . . . "

After I showed why that is so absurd, you change to . . .

"If they don't produce this year or the next, a coaching change is due."

After I call you out for switching your stance, you change to . . .

"He should be let go this year if he doesn't produce, at worst next year."

Then, to cover both of your statements which contradict each other, you try playing both sides of the fence by using this excuse . . .

"I could see UNCC giving him another year after this one and one could argue that one more year is needed."

Finally, it was:

"If he has another subpar season . . . I stand by my post that he should be let go after this year."

you have to win from time to time and if they kept him after another subpar season in wins and production, he needs to be let go and move on.

He had a brand new football program. It started in FCS, which is no easy task. After just two years, they went to FBS. He won two games, which is what was expected. Schools don't jump from never having football at any level to winning at the FBS level after just two years of having a football helmet. In his second year at the FBS level (just the fourth year of football in history at the school), he doubled the win total from the previous season and lost two games each by 1 point. They very easily could have gone to a bowl last season. Regardless, 4-8 at the FBS level in just your fourth year of fielding a team at any level is reasonable.

He could go 5-7 this year - still considered a losing season - and you think he should be gone. That is such an absurd position, it seems like the person who supports it would change their stance on it repeatedly.

Look, you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else on here, I am entitled to mine. Leave it at that. Look at our own history when synder was coach, he broke even at year 5, that was the best he was going to do. How many years did it take Doc to get the program in place the way he wanted it, he pretty much had to start from scratch blowing up the program. He mustered a winning season in 2011 infusing his recruits with some left overs, his recruits were in place by 2012, which were young, bad defensive co. led to a 5-7 season, ok now look at how 2013 exploded with his recruits, a new dc and some experience, ok now look how that created 2014. In 4 years of pretty much starting from scratch, he took a below average team that struggled to be 1AA competition and even losing to NH, rebuilt it and brought it to a top team in G5. That starts with the HC. That was a 4 year span of recruiting 1A talent. This is just an example. now if he had gone 5-7, 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, is that a coach you want to keep at the helm? There has to be marked improvement. As someone else on here suggested, last year for Lambert was a senior laden team, and so was ODU's their first year in CUSA, they didn't do bad at all even with 1AA talent, other than facing us. So at what year do you think they began recruiting 1a players? That year would have been 2013, ok so in 2016 they go 9-3, 10-3 overall. Marked improvement, cudos to the coach after having to rebuild his team when the successful 1AA talent graduated (I call a non losing first year in CUSA a success. That is my point. If Lambert has another 3 win season or even 4 win, it could result in a very long recovery by keeping him another year, and that is likely to happen considering his team was senior laden last year. Not every G5 coach is going to be a Wilder, a Holiday, but there has to be improvement, even if its slow. Adding a win each year to the total is not that much to ask.

. Look at our own history when synder was coach, he broke even at year 5, that was the best he was going to do. How many years did it take Doc to get the program in place the way he wanted it, he pretty much had to start from scratch blowing up the program.

You're comparing Doc taking over a 7-6 FBS team to a coach taking over a program that didn't even exist?

Starting from scratch is taking a program that has never played a single snap. Taking over a 7-6 FBS team is completely different.

Damn.

As someone else on here suggested, last year for Lambert was a senior laden team, and so was ODU's their first year in CUSA, they didn't do bad at all even with 1AA talent, other than facing us.

Fever was the one who said that. If you aren't wise enough to realize not to take Fever for his word, then you are probably not wise enough to realize that a coach who takes his team to a two win season followed by a four win season in their first two years in FBS isn't on the hot seat.

In reality, Charlotte returns at least 8 starters on defense. They return at least 5 starters on offense. Returning 13+ starters is pretty normal. They were hardly "senior-laden" compared to what is average.

. So at what year do you think they began recruiting 1a players? That year would have been 2013, ok so in 2016 they go 9-3, 10-3 overall. Marked improvement, cudos to the coach after having to rebuild his team when the successful 1AA talent graduated (I call a non losing first year in CUSA a success.

A coach doesn't say "hey, lets recruit FBS players now" or "lets stick with FCS players now." ODU was a top 25 FCS team. As I said, a top 25 FCS team can compete in the bottom FBS conferences (Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC). Charlotte wasn't a top 25 FCS team since their only two years at that level were their very first two years of every playing football.

As a result, ODU had a huge advantage on them when they both began FBS ball.

Neither ODU nor Charlotte "began recruiting FBS players." That isn't a coaching staff's mindset while recruiting. They recruit the best player/fit possible. ODU and Charlotte simply could not recruit the same caliber of players in 2013 that FBS teams could. So, your claim that either/both started recruiting FBS players in 2013 is unrealistic.

If you are a high school senior with multiple FBS offers, do you sign with ODU/Charlotte in 2013 or 2014 knowing that you will be playing half of your career at the FCS level? Of course you don't. A kid with offers from C-USA schools is not going to sign with ODU/Charlotte and play half of his career in the FCS. So, again, your claim that they were recruiting/signing FBS players (or caliber) in 2013 is not true. They were getting all of the leftovers. And neither school can be blamed for that. ODU, though, had huge advantage already having a roster that could compete with bottom FBS conferences while Charlotte was just starting a program.

That is my point. If Lambert has another 3 win season or even 4 win, it could result in a very long recovery by keeping him another year, and that is likely to happen considering his team was senior laden last year. Not every G5 coach is going to be a Wilder, a Holiday, but there has to be improvement, even if its slow. Adding a win each year to the total is not that much to ask.

He has done more than that! In FBS the first year, he won 2 games. In FBS the second year, he won 4 games (and could have easily had 6). So, he improved by 2 wins from year 1 to year 2. Yet, you are advocating dumping him if there isn't a drastic change in wins.

You say that adding a win each year is not that much to ask. Well, he won 2 more games from year 1 to year 2. Yet if he wins 1 more this season, going 5-7, it is still a losing season. Need we revisit your earlier comments about him having to produce? You claim that "there has to be improvement, even slow." He improved from year 1 to year 2, which is more than "slow." If he wins 5 games this year, that is "slow improvement," yet that is still a losing season.

You are arguing one thing, then arguing the opposite. That has been my entire point over the last number of posts.

Excluding external factors which are taken into consideration when deciding the fate of a head coach, how many wins do you think is a minimum he needs to win this year to not get fired in your eyes?

The AAC traitors stabbed the other CUSA and MWC schools in the back when the deal could have effectively ended the Big East as a football conference and forced some Big east football schools to join CUSA. The defection of the 1st few schools to the Big East ruined the deal as it lead to mistrust among the members of both conferences. It was really the best opportunity for the G5 to create a 32 school alliance with 2 16-school conferences where 2 crossover OOC games would be set each year between CUSA and MWC schools. It could be done now and take more Sun Belt schools to fill in the 32 spots, but it wouldn't have the same impact or strength.

This is what CUSA and the MW could of and should have been.

CUSA
East - Marshall, ECU, UCF, USF, Navy, UCONN, Cincy, Temple

West - Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Southern Miss, Memphis, Louisiana Tech, UAB, ULL.

Have the Conference Championship game in Orlando or New Orleans

MW
South- Houston, UTSA, UTEP, New Mexico State, New Mexico, Rice, UNLV, San Diego State

North
Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose St, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado State, Air Force, Utah State.

Have the Conference Championship in San Antonio or Las Vegas.

The MAC then could have added James Madison and ODU

MAC
East - Buffalo, Akron, Kent, Ohio, ODU, James Madison, Army, UMASS.

West - Bowling Green, Toledo, EMU, WMU, CMU, Ball State, Northern Illinois, Miami(OH)

Keep the Conference Championship in Detroit

And then the Sun Belt
East - Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Appy, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, FIU, FAU,
Charlotte

West - Troy, South Alabama, Arkansas State, North Texas, ULM, Texas State, WKU, MTSU

Play the Conference Championship in Nashville.

This is what CUSA and the MW could of and should have been.

CUSA
East - Marshall, ECU, UCF, USF, Navy, UCONN, Cincy, Temple

West - Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Southern Miss, Memphis, Louisiana Tech, UAB, ULL.

Have the Conference Championship game in Orlando or New Orleans

MW
South- Houston, UTSA, UTEP, New Mexico State, New Mexico, Rice, UNLV, San Diego State

North
Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose St, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado State, Air Force, Utah State.

Have the Conference Championship in San Antonio or Las Vegas.

The MAC then could have added James Madison and ODU

MAC
East - Buffalo, Akron, Kent, Ohio, ODU, James Madison, Army, UMASS.

West - Bowling Green, Toledo, EMU, WMU, CMU, Ball State, Northern Illinois, Miami(OH)

Keep the Conference Championship in Detroit

And then the Sun Belt
East - Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Appy, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, FIU, FAU,
Charlotte

West - Troy, South Alabama, Arkansas State, North Texas, ULM, Texas State, WKU, MTSU

Play the Conference Championship in Nashville.
So, under your plan, two of the best overall sports programs in C-USA (Western Kentucky & Middle Tennessee) would be relegated to the Sun Belt?

Last edited:
Reactions: jocktalker
So, under your plan, two of the best overall sports programs in C-USA (Western Kentucky & Middle Tennessee) would be relegated to the Sun Belt?

And nobody is relegated. Each conference has strong top teams, a fairly even middle, and a weak bottom. The G5 needs to be 4 conferences with 16 teams same thing with the P5. I've always said their should be 8 conferences with FBS ball. Take the 8 conference champions and the next 4 best teams and their is your playoff. Have the 4 at large teams play the 4 G4 conference champions, the winners play the 4 P4 champions on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Semis on New Years Day and then the championship the week afterwards.

Reactions: pdbailey
And nobody is relegated. Each conference has strong top teams, a fairly even middle, and a weak bottom. The G5 needs to be 4 conferences with 16 teams same thing with the P5. I've always said their should be 8 conferences with FBS ball. Take the 8 conference champions and the next 4 best teams and their is your playoff. Have the 4 at large teams play the 4 G4 conference champions, the winners play the 4 P4 champions on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Semis on New Years Day and then the championship the week afterwards.
Then the Herd should have been placed in the Sun Belt, so they could have provided a weak bottom.

Terrible Deal!!! We need to grow! Not downsize.? Some people in Huntington not ALL, think we should stay where were at, but that's not good for the program, we should always look forward to growing and getting better , possibly get in the American conference.. More exposure, better recruits, etc... Yes you have to come up with more money and other things have to happen, But Huntington is Attractive!! History here at Marshall different from a lot of other schools. We have a strong fan base and people know Marshall .!! If Boise State can do it, so can Marshall!

Got a couple on here like that now fever undoubtedly.

By agreeing with Fever, you're now calling people on here dicks. Remember, " . . . you are not welcome to attack me or anyone else for that matter." I'd rather have people be dicks on here when needed instead of being crybabies for no reason.

Congratulations on ruining what makes FBS football so unique and special compared to all other sports. With 12 regular season games and only 4 teams being able to play for a national title, every week matters. By having 12 teams make playoffs, the biggest regular season games would amount to nothing other than potentially the loser just having to face a G4 champion (which would almost always be a laughingstock game).

Based on your plan, the outcome of Wisconsin vs. Ohio State wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Wisconsin vs. Michigan would't have meant much. The outcome of Wisconsin vs. Penn State wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Penn State vs. Ohio State wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Penn State vs. Michigan wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Ohio State vs. Michigan wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Ohio State vs. Oklahoma wouldn't have meant much. The outcome of Michigan vs. LSU wouldn't have meant anything to Michigan, as a loss still would have probably kept them in the playoff.

That means that the eight biggest games involving a Big 10 team wouldn't have meant shit last year, except for one or two of those eight deciding which teams get a first-round bye in the playoffs and which team(s) get to pummel Western Kentucky, San Diego State, Appalachian State, etc.

Congratulations; this ruins FBS football.

Actually it puts more emphasis to winning your conference or atleast finishing Top 2 in a P5 conference. It makes every game count. Win your conference, you make it. Very simple.

It makes every game count

No, it doesn't. It does the exact opposite of that. It makes every game count? Hardly. Appalachian State can get pummeled by 40 points against an average ACC school, lose to an SEC school, lose to a Sun Belt school, and would still get in. Western Kentucky can lose to one SEC team, lose to another SEC team which is one of the worst in the league, lose to a Conference USA school, and would still get in. San Diego State can lose by 20 to a bad Sun Belt team, lose by 30 to an average Mountain West school, lose to another Mountain West school, and would still get in.

So, tell me, how does this make every game count? It doesn't. For the teams with shitty schedules, the current format truly does make every game count. For all but a handful of P5 schools, it also makes at least 10 of their 12 games count which is more than what your format would do.

or atleast finishing Top 2 in a P5 conference. .

Wrong again. Michigan finished 4th in their conference and would have made it in. Ohio State finished third in their conference and would have made it in. Tell me again how your format means "at least finishing in the top 2 in a P5 conference?" It doesn't.

Do you actually think about things before you type them?

For the current P5 teams, this makes it far easier for them. They don't have to win every game, all but one game, or even all but two games. Wisconsin would have made it in while losing three games in the regular season. Michigan probably would have made it in even if they lost to LSU (which would give them three losses).

It is watering down the elite teams which should be the only ones who play for a national title. As I showed, the eight biggest games for Big 10 teams wouldn't have mattered other than possibly getting to pummel an undeserving G4 winner.

In reality, the only reason you want this format is because you think it gives Marshall the best chance to play in a national championship tournament. You don't care about being fair. You don't care about preserving what makes FBS football special. You only care about your own self-interest (Marshall related) in supporting this format.

Look let me explain it to you again.

Win your conference Championship, you get in. Next 4 highest ranked teams, get in. At-Large teams play G5 champions. Winners play the 4 P5 champions in the Quarters and then you go on from there.

See simple concept, I'm not sure what your confused about. With your logic, all G5 schools should just pack up all their football programs and never play again because essentially they have nothing to play for other than a free education.

If your confused on my concept, please say so and I'll explain again. Teams should be rewarded for winning their conference point blank. If not then the NCAA should just abolish conferences and make everyone independent.

Look let me explain it to you again.

You don't have to explain it again. There was no confusion. It's a stupid format that ruins what makes FBS football special. The only thing worse was your attempt at arguing for it which was full of bullshit and lies.

See simple concept, I'm not sure what your confused about.

Again, there is no confusion. Why has this turned into your go-to strategy in every thread somebody calls you out for ridiculous comments? People aren't confused by your words; they just find them stupid.

With your logic, all G5 schools should just pack up all their football programs and never play again because essentially they have nothing to play for other than a free education.

That's only if you believe winning a national title is the sole goal of every program every year. That isn't the case. If so, 120+ teams would have failing seasons every year and just about every head coach should be fired within a few years.

Does Marshall only play for a national title? If Marshall goes 12-1, including beating a P5 in a good bowl, do you consider it "nothing to play for?"

If your confused on my concept, please say so and I'll explain again.

Oh, here it is again. Nobody is confused. People just find the things you say stupid.

Now, explain the things I called you out on for saying. Tell me how your format "makes every game count." Currently, if a G5 school loses a game, their shot at a title is done. So, that means every game truly does count for them now. Under your plan, the G4 conference winners could easily lose 5-6 games in the regular season and still make the playoffs. How is that making every game count?

Currently, P5 teams can only lose 1-2 games and get in. Under your plan, some of them would be able to lose 3 games and still get in. So, how does that make "every game count?"

It doesn't. Your plan does exactly the opposite of what you claim it does. It's utter bullshit.

Tell me how a P5 has to finish at least in the top 2 to get in, when a P5 school that finished 3rd and a P5 school that finished 4th would have gotten in this year. Again, it's utter bullshit. What you claim your format does and what it actually does are completely opposite.

Teams should be rewarded for winning their conference point blank.

No, they shouldn't. Teams should be rewarded by their complete body of work, not simply being the tallest midget or the smartest kid in the Marshall HELP program (don't worry, this isn't a jab, since you weren't the smartest).

A Sun Belt champion (or whatever their merged conference would be called) could go 6-6 with a loss to an FCS, three out-of-conference losses, and then go 6-2 in the Sun Belt and still win it. Yet, you think because they won the conference they deserve a spot over an 11-1 Ohio State that finished 3rd in the Big 10 or a 10-2 Michigan that finished 4th in the Big 10. Again, absurd.

Nobody is confused about your format. It is just sheer stupidity. That is why you ignored every single aspect I called out on it, why you couldn't refute my proof showing that your arguments for it had no merit ("all games matter now," "must finish at least in the top 2 of a P5"), and how you think it is fine that your format would ruin the regular season as I showed with the top 8 biggest regular season games involving a Big 10 team would have meant nothing.

Face it, your argument is only because of your allegiance to Marshall. It is an unfair plan that would ruin the regular season for college football.

I have only put one individual on the ignore list, funny I don't see the post but I know who is chiding you fever. Quite a feat considering I have been a member for more than a decade. Don't even engage with with him fever, he feeds on controversy.

I have only put one individual on the ignore list, funny I don't see the post but I know who is chiding you fever. Quite a feat considering I have been a member for more than a decade. Don't even engage with with him fever, he feeds on controversy.

It's truly amazing, he just feels he is smarter than everyone and knows everything and everyone should just bow down to him because he feels he is right. Some people really need to learn how to accept others ideas and just agree to disagree.

Reactions: beefcake0520

"You are not welcome to attack me or anyone else for that matter."

A decade? You've been here a decade, and your contributions have been so meaningless that nobody even recalls your username?

Some people really need to learn how to accept others ideas and just agree to disagree.

Or some people need to stop lying and debating with bullshit.

Why is it so hard for you to defend any of your claims that I called you out on?

For the fourth time, refute what I contested with your "every game counts now" comment or your "at least finish in the top 2 of a P5" comment referring to your format.

You can't, because what you argued is completely fabricated.

ADVERTISEMENT