ADVERTISEMENT

Sermon for those that like to think critically.

We have Sunday school and the only bad question is the one you dont ask. We are taught as baptist "missionary" that if ask a question you need to have a biblical answer. To say well The bible says so is the wrong answer. Sometimes just be honest if ask a question you dont know. Tell them you will find out. A person never saved reads the bible with a carnal mind. You can understand historical topics but not spiritual matters. Atheism is like being racist, it is usually taught to a person. A racist believes in his heart that certain people are not aa good as you. The worst i ever heard was a person saying a black man has no soul just like a dog. Dont argue with atheists about the bible. Bible says not to cast your pearls before the swine.Now if they will discuss matters without wanting to cuss you or belittle you then back off and pray for them. Get a older more mature person to talk to them. That is if they know their bible. Good post. The bible says to pray for our leaders not crucify them. Let me find that.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
We have Sunday school and the only bad question is the one you dont ask. We are taught as baptist "missionary" that if ask a question you need to have a biblical answer. To say well The bible says so is the wrong answer. Sometimes just be honest if ask a question you dont know. Tell them you will find out. A person never saved reads the bible with a carnal mind. You can understand historical topics but not spiritual matters. Atheism is like being racist, it is usually taught to a person. A racist believes in his heart that certain people are not aa good as you. The worst i ever heard was a person saying a black man has no soul just like a dog. Dont argue with atheists about the bible. Bible says not to cast your pearls before the swine.Now if they will discuss matters without wanting to cuss you or belittle you then back off and pray for them. Get a older more mature person to talk to them. That is if they know their bible. Good post. The bible says to pray for our leaders not crucify them. Let me find that.

There are atheists and agnostics who are very familiar with the Bible.

You will.

Next you're going to tell me at some imaginary "day of reckoning." First let me say, I don't have anything against anyone of faith, that is their choice and America is about freedom; freedom to choose to believe or not believe.
Second, I'm not trying to convince anyone else to believe or think like I do.
Third, when I die, I will return to a state of non existence, just like before I was born.
Fourth, religious people (most, not all) try to manipulate and control others.

Next you're going to tell me at some imaginary "day of reckoning." First let me say, I don't have anything against anyone of faith, that is their choice and America is about freedom; freedom to choose to believe or not believe.
Second, I'm not trying to convince anyone else to believe or think like I do.
Third, when I die, I will return to a state of non existence, just like before I was born.
Fourth, religious people (most, not all) try to manipulate and control others.

Yes. I'm telling you that there will be a judgement day. I'm telling you I know there is a God. Yep, know.

It is incomprehensible to me that grown adults -- some educated -- believe there is a "devil" that lives in the core of the earth who somehow has god-like powers assigned to him by an "infallible, omnipotent god." This "devil" is in charge of all the cool shit. Anything that's fun comes from the devil. "Almighty" god has been promising to show the devil who's boss for thousands of years and hasn't done shit yet. Meanwhile, the devil has swayed about 95% of all of earth's inhabitants to his side instead of the side of "god."

Let that sink in. How could you actually believe that?

Reactions: countryroads89
It is incomprehensible to me that grown adults -- some educated -- believe there is a "devil" that lives in the core of the earth who somehow has god-like powers assigned to him by an "infallible, omnipotent god." This "devil" is in charge of all the cool shit. Anything that's fun comes from the devil. "Almighty" god has been promising to show the devil who's boss for thousands of years and hasn't done shit yet. Meanwhile, the devil has swayed about 95% of all of earth's inhabitants to his side instead of the side of "god."

Rox...that's why I respect you. You don't let one belief force you to join the libtards team. Shame others make choice based on sexual preference, religion, environmentalism, phony race claim or any other hot button (lemmings) etc etc....

Reactions: murox

Lots of things are incomprehensible to you. Would you care to tell us what scripture in the Bible states that the devil lives in the core of the earth? The cool stuff you mention, yeah, use to be cool for me too. You don't understand Godly things, because you're not Godly. You should read up about Satan, he's your father, and because he's your father, you do his bidding. And unless you change the state you're in, you will suffer the same fate he will. To change your condition, the first thing that's going to have to happen to you is you're going to have to fear Gods wrath, the second thing you're going to have to do is drop the arrogance and become humble. That's a big change, especially for you.

You cannot be counted among their ranks though.

I have read the Bible, cover to cover, at least three times. I have attended Baptist, Methodist, and Pentecostal churches. I'm quite familiar with the Bible. Out of respect for you and others, I won't mention contradictory verses and complete horseshit.

RUbO6yW.jpg

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
The point of this thread wasn't to create a religious back-and-forth. Just wanted to share something i hoped would be thought provoking, even to people who Christians like Rox, Country, Rifle and others. Also thought people like BC, Extra, GK, and 429 might appreciate it.

Then you agree and support the policies of King Herod when he had all the children massacred when he tried to kill Jesus as a child. amirite?
When the pharoah wouldnt let his people go moses prayed for him to have a change of heart. Your a democrat killing a baby is the womans right. Alwaysbpray for your leaders. Not for them to kill babies but that they would have a change of heart.

Reactions: ohio herd
When the pharoah wouldnt let his people go moses prayed for him to have a change of heart. Your a democrat killing a baby is the womans right. Alwaysbpray for your leaders. Not for them to kill babies but that they would have a change of heart.

So, you support and agree with what King Herod did. Got it.

Lots of things are incomprehensible to you. Would you care to tell us what scripture in the Bible states that the devil lives in the core of the earth? The cool stuff you mention, yeah, use to be cool for me too. You don't understand Godly things, because you're not Godly. You should read up about Satan, he's your father, and because he's your father, you do his bidding. And unless you change the state you're in, you will suffer the same fate he will. To change your condition, the first thing that's going to have to happen to you is you're going to have to fear Gods wrath, the second thing you're going to have to do is drop the arrogance and become humble. That's a big change, especially for you.

Uh, no, the fictional character in your make-believe world is not my father. He doesn't exist. Hell, "Satan" (capital S) didn't even exist in the old testament. The Jews don't believe in Satan. He's not even the talking snake in Genesis who convinced Eve to "ruin" everything for humanity.

Reactions: countryroads89
Here's a good video on the origins of Satan, from a historical perspective.

lummox emerging from the magic mud.......and then deciding he really likes it better in the mud.......

The point of this thread wasn't to create a religious back-and-forth. Just wanted to share something i hoped would be thought provoking, even to people who Christians like Rox, Country, Rifle and others. Also thought people like BC, Extra, GK, and 429 might appreciate it.

It's a good watch. It makes some things simple enough to where people who don't believe could be prompted to ask about things. It also lets those of faith who have some doubt sometimes understand that we're just human. We all have it at sometime or another. But there's a couple things in particular that remove the doubt. 1. We have been told how to KNOW that we have passed from death unto life. 1 John 3:14
and 2. I can feel his presence in me, when I could not before I became a Christian.

frankly (and, seriously), if people like greed represent christianity - appears to be obviously unhappy, mad at the world, full of hate, not a small bit of humble within them - i want absolutely nothing to do with it.

on the flip side i don't believe that's what christianity is remotely about. i simply find people like greed to be total hypocrites while preaching to those with different beliefs about how they live their lives and what's going to happen to them, all the while calling them disparaging names (case in point, see back and forth between greed and damn near anybody, but specifically with 'rox above).

greed gives christianity a horrid name. no wonder, with people like him professing to be a christian, others want nothing to do with the religion.

frankly (and, seriously), if people like greed represent christianity - appears to be obviously unhappy, mad at the world, full of hate, not a small bit of humble within them - i want absolutely nothing to do with it.

on the flip side i don't believe that's what christianity is remotely about. i simply find people like greed to be total hypocrites while preaching to those with different beliefs about how they live their lives and what's going to happen to them, all the while calling them disparaging names (case in point, see back and forth between greed and damn near anybody, but specifically with 'rox above).

greed gives christianity a horrid name. no wonder, with people like him professing to be a christian, others want nothing to do with the religion.
That's the Scientology side of him

Nope. You simply want Christians with a different point of view to keep their mouths shut. sad

Nope. You simply want Christians with a different point of view to keep their mouths shut. sad
No, I welcome open dialogue. I simply find it hypocritical that people like you who act like you do profess to be something better than you are.

Frankly, if there's a hell, there's a special section devoted to hypocrites like you.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
No, I welcome open dialogue. I simply find it hypocritical that people like you who act like you do profess to be something better than you are.

Frankly, if there's a hell, there's a special section devoted to hypocrites like you.

No. I had it correct the first time. "You simply want Christians with a different point of view to keep their mouths shut." You prove my assertion by the fact that you never call out the conservatives claiming to be Christian on this board when they curse, drink, lie, are racist, bigoted, or throw their undying support to a nation full of antichrists. Fact.

You do NOT welcome open dialogue, and you've never seen me profess to be something better than what I am.

No. I had it correct the first time. "You simply want Christians with a different point of view to keep their mouths shut." You prove my assertion by the fact that you never call out the conservatives claiming to be Christian on this board when they curse, drink, lie, are racist, bigoted, or throw their undying support to a nation full of antichrists. Fact.

You do NOT welcome open dialogue, and you've never seen me profess to be something better than what I am.
i absolutely do welcome open dialogue, i'm sorry it offends you when i don't agree with you, and i couldn't care less about conservatives or liberals when it comes to this conversation. and, whether conservative or liberal, don't profess to be a christian and act like you do.

you professing to be a christian and lecturing others on humility and acting Godly (see your conv with murox above), then acting demeaning toward them, and acting the way you do calling people names, acting ungodly and non-humble, tells me all i need to know when it comes to you and your christianity.

enjoy hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT