ADVERTISEMENT

Should Moderators Be Allowed To Post?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Or simply do the job of being a moderator (whatever that includes on Herd Nation). What does everyone think about moderators? Who picked them? What are the qualifications to be one?

Reactions: MARSHALL77
All I can say is I became a moderator by winning the majority of votes in a fair and open election partaken in by free men.

Yes...but be careful. Candidates have been known to win the popular vote but lose through the electoral system. Have you checked the breakdown from individual states?

And as far as mods not being able to post? Well if so I’d like to tender my resignation...

When I first took the oath of office as Miderator 51/2 years ago, I made this sacred commitment, to "consecrate my office, my energies, and all the wisdom I can summon to the cause of peace among HerdNation."

I have done my very best in all the days since to be true to that pledge. As a result of these efforts, I am confident that the board is a safer place today, not only for the people of Huntington but for the people of all nations, and that all of our children have a better chance than before of living in peace rather than posting in anger.

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I sought the Moderatorship. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our board, as I leave the Moderatorship.

To have served in this board is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every Herd fan. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.”

You won’t have GK to kick around anymore.

Or simply do the job of being a moderator (whatever that includes on Herd Nation). What does everyone think about moderators? Who picked them? What are the qualifications to be one?

giphy.gif

Moderators should definitely be posting. Lots of insights gained from moderators who are close to the program. You can choose to agree or disagree with personal takes from the moderators. After all, that's the point of a message board. Multiple people with multiple opinions to chime in and share their personal opinions. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but all told, these forums sure as hell allow you to waste valuable 'company time' during each and every workday. Without these forums, I would have probably been nominated for employee of the month a few times during the last two decades.

All told, Chris owns the board, so he can pick and choose whoever he wants to be a moderator, with the exception of herdman, who was elected chief executive officer of the Pullman forum by popular vote.

Moderators should definitely be posting. Lots of insights gained from moderators who are close to the program. You can choose to agree or disagree with personal takes from the moderators. After all, that's the point of a message board. Multiple people with multiple opinions to chime in and share their personal opinions. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but all told, these forums sure as hell allow you to waste valuable 'company time' during each and every workday. Without these forums, I would have probably been nominated for employee of the month a few times during the last two decades.

All told, Chris owns the board, so he can pick and choose whoever he wants to be a moderator, with the exception of herdman, who was elected chief executive officer of the Pullman forum by popular vote.
giphy.gif

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why this poster is the Secretary of State for Pullman Square. That is a hell of a post and very diplomatic. The epitome of the new Pullman Square. What a great day to be a Herd Fan and member of this forum.

Yes...but be careful. Candidates have been known to win the popular vote but lose through the electoral system. Have you checked the breakdown from individual states?

And as far as mods not being able to post? Well if so I’d like to tender my resignation...

When I first took the oath of office as Miderator 51/2 years ago, I made this sacred commitment, to "consecrate my office, my energies, and all the wisdom I can summon to the cause of peace among HerdNation."

I have done my very best in all the days since to be true to that pledge. As a result of these efforts, I am confident that the board is a safer place today, not only for the people of Huntington but for the people of all nations, and that all of our children have a better chance than before of living in peace rather than posting in anger.

This, more than anything, is what I hoped to achieve when I sought the Moderatorship. This, more than anything, is what I hope will be my legacy to you, to our board, as I leave the Moderatorship.

To have served in this board is to have felt a very personal sense of kinship with each and every Herd fan. In leaving it, I do so with this prayer: May God's grace be with you in all the days ahead.”

You won’t have GK to kick around anymore.
Hope this is just a joke! Your posts are well written and thoughtful!

Yes, they should be allowed to comment. It's all in good spirit. I would like to have a definition of their exact role and who appointed them.

Personally, I like to poke fun at them every now and then. They should borrow those seeing-eye dogs that Kiffin posted -- maybe they could help them navigate their way from the Joan to the Cam... Tee Hee Hee!

I think moderators should be allowed to post. Why shouldn't they? I also think they should know the rules of the forum and try to be as objective as possible when performing their duties. That doesn't always happen though.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
Depends on the moderator. We have one ( today is another example) that becomes involved as well as somewhat argumentative with and in too many threads.

Over the 18 years I have been a member of this board we have had some really good moderators who understood the idea of the board as well as kept things in order pretty much on a consistent basis but did not involve themselves with thread after thread.

If this board really wanted to have fun..reinstate Thunder in the Mountains and let it rip.

Last edited:
Depends on the moderator. We have one ( today is another example) that becomes involved as well as somewhat argumentative with and in too many threads.

Over the 18 years I have been a member of this board we have had some really good moderators who understood the idea of the board as well as kept things in order pretty much on a consistent basis but did not involve themselves with thread after thread.

If this board really wanted to have fun..reinstate Thunder in the Mountains and let it rip.

POY candidate right here folks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT