ADVERTISEMENT

SHR: So. Miss and FAU called off...

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
FAU has the rona, and cancelled with So. Miss because they "Would not have enough players available to play a game."

That doesn't sound good... And we are supposed to host FAU in two weeks for homecoming.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
FAU has the rona, and cancelled with So. Miss because they "Would not have enough players available to play a game."

That doesn't sound good... And we are supposed to host FAU in two weeks for homecoming.
As with most of this crap, most of them are likely asymptomatic or have been around someone that is asymptomatic and will quarantine for 10 days and be good to go.

Welp, that just blew a hole in Stadium’s prime time football slot. Maybe they should just move to a Marshall mini-game day in that space! After all, we do have the highest share televised game in CUSA this season......

Still the "Brain Trust" down in the Frisco CUSA HQs sit on their hands. Going into the middle of October and no action/movement on rescheduling some of the cancelled/postponed conference games. Do note that Paul Swann said today that CUSA was thinking about moving the football title game back in case some games need to be played late in the season.

If FAU doesn't come to the JOAN on the 24th, who does Hammy turn to? Kentucky Christion is nearby and has a D2 or NAIA team, but I'm not sure that they are playing this fall! At this rate let's hope that the HERD can end up with at least 6 games this season.

If I were the coach of the other team I would try and get out of it.I sure hope FAU will be here since I have 4 tickets for the game and I will be driving in from NJ same as I did for the Appy game.

UAB runnin’ skeered!!! What dummies we are for staying in this stoopid conference!!
We have had this conversation many times before. Where would we go? I read a financial breakdown of money distribution to CUSA schools. We get over $500k a year. That is more than double what any other school in the league gets. Certainly more than MAC or SunBelt schools get. Yes, much less than the American but they showed us when the league was formed that they had no desire for us in their league.

More bad news about FAU and our potential homecoming game on Oct. 24... Palm Beach Post is reporting FAU has had 38 people (players and staff) test positive in the last week.

If they continue to have positives roll in, and I would say given their track record so far this year 1 win – 5 cancellations, that is pretty likely... We may end up with yet another last minute open date.

More bad news about FAU and our potential homecoming game on Oct. 24... Palm Beach Post is reporting FAU has had 38 people (players and staff) test positive in the last week.

If they continue to have positives roll in, and I would say given their track record so far this year 1 win – 5 cancellations, that is pretty likely... We may end up with yet another last minute open date.

Has Rice officially called off their season yet?

You all do realize that if FAU does show up on the 24th, they will have 3 full weeks since their last game. Same amount of time that we had before we played WKU!

ADVERTISEMENT