ADVERTISEMENT

Shuler?

Aug 17, 2011
i might have missed a previous post, but I have not seen any news on whether Tommy Shuler was picked up anywhere. Has he been brought in anywhere as a free agent?

Thank you, I didn't think so. What a disappointment, he could definitely play at the next level!

One would think he is too small and too slow, and maybe he is, but he deserves a chance after the career he had here.

I would think for someone being too small and too slow breaking a D1A conference record in receptions would mean something. But coming in running a 4.7 40 and not very athletic and explosive hurt his chances. But I think with the wider field in Canada would be best for him because he would have more field to expose people in the open field

Hopefully he gets a shot in Canada. Wide field and his over the middle abilities would be a great combo.

I don't think he's even received an invite to an open tryout, which is more or less an NFL team sending you an email to let you know about an open tryout.

Shuler got away with being small and slow at Marshall because his route running, technique and football smarts (especially at the WR position) allowed him to make up for those deficiencies. The NFL doesn't believe that those things will be enough to make up for his lack of size or athleticism at the next level.. They're probably right. But, I'd still have liked to have seen him at least get the shot to prove them wrong.

On paper, Tommy looks like a terrible NFL player. Slow and small.

But if you go watch his film against VT, they had no answer for him. They had at least 3 draft picks in that secondary, including first rounder Fuller. Shuler beat Fuller all day long in that game.

Despite his poor workout numbers, I'm shocked he hasn't at least gotten invited to several tryouts.

On paper, Tommy looks like a terrible NFL player. Slow and small.

But if you go watch his film against VT, they had no answer for him. They had at least 3 draft picks in that secondary, including first rounder Fuller. Shuler beat Fuller all day long in that game.

His best game, I think he had at Marshall was the Purdue game where they put everyone on him and still couldn't stop him. These scouts need to watch the film on him

I don't get how this kid couldn't get a shot. The dude is good regardless of size and speed. He reminds me of Troy in a way. If I were him I would get a new agent. He has some local dude who has never been an agent before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT