ADVERTISEMENT

siap its (semi)official Greg Adkins as OL coach, welcome home &

sluggo72

Silver Buffalo
Aug 31, 2006
did Doc just hire his eventual replacement?

Marshall: As we reported days ago was expected & in the works, Bruce Feldman has now tweeted that Charlotte offensive line coach Greg Adkins is the choice at Marshall to be their new offensive line coach.

Wasn't he also OC at Charlotte? Seems odd coming back to the Herd as line coach. Wouldn't that be a pay cut as well as less responsibilities??

Wasn't he also OC at Charlotte? Seems odd coming back to the Herd as line coach. Wouldn't that be a pay cut as well as less responsibilities??

After OC Jeff Mullen was demoted after four games, yes.

Adkins was then "demoted" to running game coordinator/offensive line coach in November following a number of changes to HC Brad Lambert's staff.

Adkins made 150k last year at Charlotte, which is what Mirabal made here at Marshall.

I like that his resume includes stops at some big programs in the South (Georgia and Tennessee). States where the Herd has recruited fairly well in the past. I also like that Adkins has a strong rep as a recruiter. Should pay dividends in many areas going forward.

Reactions: chuck1069
Dare I say this is actually an upgrade to the O line coaching position? This guy could potentially be a head coach for us one day. Has tons of big time experience over the years.

Reactions: chuck1069
Greg was demoted as the 49ers OC during the season and moved to OL Coach.

HerdZilla22
Zilla you have a special way about you. You have this backwards!!! During the season he was given the OC job, at the end of the season they brought in a new OC and he was named run game coordinator.

from WWW.footballscoop.com

Charlotte: The 49ers, off to an 0-4 start, have made a change within their staff. Head coach Brad Lambert has taken play calling duties away from Jeff Mullen and promoted offensive line coach Greg Adkins to OC. Mullen will continue to coach the quarterbacks. In three games against FBS foes this season the 49ers have scored just 14 points.

Zilla you have a special way about you. You have this backwards!!! During the season he was given the OC job, at the end of the season they brought in a new OC and he was named run game coordinator.

from WWW.footballscoop.com

Charlotte: The 49ers, off to an 0-4 start, have made a change within their staff. Head coach Brad Lambert has taken play calling duties away from Jeff Mullen and promoted offensive line coach Greg Adkins to OC. Mullen will continue to coach the quarterbacks. In three games against FBS foes this season the 49ers have scored just 14 points.

Sluggo72...read Greg's Bio......"Brad Lambert promoted Adkins to offensive coordinator in mid-season after Jeff Mullins was demoted from that position to quarterbacks coach. Adkins moved to Charlotte after being fired at Oklahoma State, where he was the Cowboys' offensive line coach for two seasons."

AFTER the 49ers compiled a 1-11 season, ADKINS was REPLACED as Offensive Coordinator...by Shane Montgomery and ...
ADKINS returned to his offensive line coach job. He has recently been named running game coordinator.

Therefore, Greg was offensive line coach....then promoted to OC...then demoted back to an offensive line coach.

Yes...I have a special way about me....Factual.

HerdZilla22 in Ch

Sluggo72...read Greg's Bio......"Brad Lambert promoted Adkins to offensive coordinator in mid-season after Jeff Mullins was demoted from that position to quarterbacks coach. Adkins moved to Charlotte after being fired at Oklahoma State, where he was the Cowboys' offensive line coach for two seasons."

AFTER the 49ers compiled a 1-11 season, ADKINS was REPLACED as Offensive Coordinator...by Shane Montgomery and ...
ADKINS returned to his offensive line coach job. He has recently been named running game coordinator.

Therefore, Greg was offensive line coach....then promoted to OC...then demoted back to an offensive line coach.

HerdZilla22 in Ch

You said Adkins was demoted as OC and moved to OL coach during the season. That's factually incorrect.

HerdZilla22 in Ch
you said in your OP....Greg was demoted as the 49ers OC during the season and moved to OL Coach.

as I said you had it backwards!! And I posted what you just posted!! You do have a special way.

Reactions: ToesMU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT