ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: WVU OC Gerad Parker? JaJuan Seider? Tony Gibson?

It's amazing that there are all these hiring predictions from outside "experts" when the search committee hasn't even been announced and probably not even completely formed. My best guess is that it will not be any one of those mentioned.

I’m not defending this report whatsoever, but the committee has been completed and already held their first meeting.

Reactions: SuperAnjario
If Sean Lewis is interested, they don't have to look anywhere else. Thats the home run we need IF they can reel him in.

Reactions: Aaron Coleman
He has expressed interest
Wish we had some committee member emails. Although, if they let those out, every Joe Fan would email his ideal candidate. LOL!

Lewis is so far above any candidate mentioned to date, it's not funny.

Yeah let’s get excited for a guy that’s 12-17. And was 7-6 his last full season.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Kent State Golden Flashes (Mid-American Conference) (2018–present)
2018 Kent State 2–10 1–7 6th (East)
2019 Kent State 7–6 5–3 T–2nd (East) W Frisco
2020 Kent State 3–1 3–1 2nd (East)
Kent State: 12–17 9–11
Total: 12–17
Sean Lewis’s record as HC

Reactions: The Real SamC
Yeah let’s get excited for a guy that’s 12-17. And was 7-6 his last full season.
Who would you want out of those mentioned? Every damn one is a retread or low assistant. We aren’t gonna be able to pay someone over 1Mil if that.

I doubt the committee would entertain that anyway.

Who would you want out of those mentioned? Every damn one is a retread or low assistant. We aren’t gonna be able to pay someone over 1Mil if that.

I just don’t get the excitement with a guy that’s coached basically 2 years. He might be a great hire he might suck I’m just saying don’t get so excited over a guy with no real track record

Reactions: jkherdbeliever
If Sean Lewis is interested, they don't have to look anywhere else. Thats the home run we need IF they can reel him in.

Why set the bar so low? It's like we are standing around a punch bowl with turds in it, and you really like the looks of the one that's more of a green than brown color. Instead of insisting that shitter's bilirubin get checked, you dive in after the green turd.

In other words, refuse all of the candidates if they are shit. Don't pick out the one who seems less shitty.

Did you see this??

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Kent was 10-37 in the four years before Lewis was hired. All four of those years they ranked between 116 and 127 in total offense. They had one winning season since 2001.

I don’t hold the first year against him, but he still got the offense from 125th to 82nd. His second year he improves that to 66th, winning season and first bowl win. This year they only get 4 games, he wins 75% and has the #1 offense in the nation.

Going back to last season, he won seven games in a row before the loss this year to Buffalo. Has Kent ever won 7 in a row before? He has Kent moving rapidly in the right direction and that was starting with a zero talent base.

Did you see this??

Sure. Doesn't bother me. I look at the improvement and where he is. They have improved, won their first bowl game in forever and have an exciting offense. We all have our favorites, and in lieu of an unnamed superstar out there, I'll take Lewis over the ones already mentioned. Not sure if anyone mentioned has a body of work better than his, or his HC experience. If they did, they'd be HC's already and not career assistants. jmho.

Maybe there is someone out there not named who is better. If so, hell yeah, bring them on.

Why set the bar so low? It's like we are standing around a punch bowl with turds in it, and you really like the looks of the one that's more of a green than brown color. Instead of insisting that shitter's bilirubin get checked, you dive in after the green turd.

In other words, refuse all of the candidates if they are shit. Don't pick out the one who seems less shitty.
Of those mentioned in Chris's list of 10. Who looks better? No one floors me with their sterling qualifications. Not sure why people are so high on Seider - great recruiter? Maybe. They said Doc was a great recruiter, we need MORE than that.

Of those mentioned in Chris's list of 10. Who looks better? No one floors me with their sterling qualifications. Not sure why people are so high on Seider - great recruiter? Maybe. They said Doc was a great recruiter, we need MORE than that.
He's intriguing, but he could just be a younger version of Doc too. It bothers me that he's coached this long and has never been anything but a RB coach. Life is peachy when all you have to do is recruit and coach what some deem as the easiest position in football.

You're right, none of the supposed candidates mentioned are interesting, so we need to come up with better candidates. This typical for us though. We just sit back and wait for these fools to come to us rather than conducting an actual search based on talent.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
How about Lance Leopold from Buffalo? He’s made them relevant and would be a pay raise for him.

He's intriguing, but he could just be a younger version of Doc too. It bothers me that he's coached this long and has never been anything but a RB coach. Life is peachy when all you have to do is recruit and coach what some deem as the easiest position in football.
Exactly. No coordinator positions. I would have a huge issue hiring someone that hasn't been an HC on some level or a DC/OC. Hiring a position coach, who supposedly is a good recruiter is setting us up for failure.

As an observer from afar, if President Gilbert has any influence on the committee, I wouldn't be surprised to see a candidate from the SEC included in the mix given his experience at Mississippi State.

As an observer from afar, if President Gilbert has any influence on the committee, I wouldn't be surprised to see a candidate from the SEC included in the mix given his experience at Mississippi State.
True

ADVERTISEMENT