ADVERTISEMENT

So…I’ve been looking to buy a Scotty Cameron

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
Just about ready to pull the trigger and replace my Taylormade Spider. Played in a scrambles at Sugarwood yesterday and the closest to the pin was #7…elevated par 3. I stuck my ball about 2 feet from the hole. There were two flights…8:00 and 1:00 and many holes had two groups. So probably close to 45-50 groups. My shot was early in the morning so I thought no way it holds up,

Anyway…to my surprise I get a call that my shot held up and I won the closest to the pin. My prize…a brand new Scotty Cameron putter. Lol.

I was extremely surprised because there was a ton of groups that hadn’t played the hole. But more so…and anyone who has ever played a scrambles can attest…they are notorious for cheating.

Just about ready to pull the trigger and replace my Taylormade Spider. Played in a scrambles at Sugarwood yesterday and the closest to the pin was #7…elevated par 3. I stuck my ball about 2 feet from the hole. There were two flights…8:00 and 1:00 and many holes had two groups. So probably close to 45-50 groups. My shot was early in the morning so I thought no way it holds up,

Anyway…to my surprise I get a call that my shot held up and I won the closest to the pin. My prize…a brand new Scotty Cameron putter. Lol.

I was extremely surprised because there was a ton of groups that hadn’t played the hole. But more so…and anyone who has ever played a scrambles can attest…they are notorious for cheating.
Not to get into the weeds, if possible get the putter fitted for the right loft and shaft angle. Hopefully you didn’t win the actual club but got a certificate. If not you can still get that putter adjusted, if needed.

Not to get into the weeds, if possible get the putter fitted for the right loft and shaft angle. Hopefully you didn’t win the actual club but got a certificate. If not you can still get that putter adjusted, if needed.
I won the actual club. I never had clubs fitted but people tell me I should. Here’s what I won…

This is a heavy putter. I haven’t used it yet…but hope to today. The thing I’ve noticed with it is the balance feels amazing. That might be psychological but whenever Dick’s let’s Scotty Cameron’s out of their lockups and I can actually take a putting stroke with one, they definitely feel more balanced then the other putters.

And that brings up another point…why does Dick’s put Scotty Cameron’s under lock when there’s $300 putters beside it that’s not. Most of SC putters are $350-$450 range but how many items in the store go for that and are not locked up? I really think I’d have bought one by now if it wasn’t for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT