ADVERTISEMENT

So does this earn Doc an extension??

Doc and Hamrick are close. In my opinion, I think it was mutually agreed that Doc needed to win the conference if he wanted to stay awhile longer. If he wins and wants to stay I could see a maximum 3 year extension.

This is a pretty good team. Won 3 games. Never been behind. Got a pretty good skip in our step. We're averaging 25 pts. In the 1st half. Only 13 in the second half. Is Doc taking the foot off the pedal? What happens when we're down 10 with 8 minutes to go? Will this team dig deep and pull it out. Maybe we won't have to find out. Just keep scoring early and often and coast through.

MU just beat a team that is a result of those who want Doc gone and "use MU as a stepping stone school for a young HC who'll bolt in 2 years."

Good lord Chief, chill out,
It was humor.
Doc can fill in the blanks on his contract extension if the HERD finishes in the top 25. This Marshall team is special. I hear 3 of 5 senior linemen are leaning towards returning next year. Our players love this staff and they are appreciative of the strong protocols put in place by Doc to keep them safe. I give Doc and staff an A plus for a great effort dating back to May 20.

Good lord Chief, chill out,
It was humor.
Sorry, wish my NFL team had a fraction of the success MU currently is having. We all want whats best for MU.

As to the topic, first off, this year has been...odd. I wouldn't fire or let someone go who's made the most out of such a cluterfu*k season.
I think a fellow poster has it right, if Doc wins out, he'll likely get a choice of staying or going. If he stays, he'll get 3 years more.

Reactions: herd66
Just think about it, if IG wasn’t kicked off the team he would be starting right now, and Wells may have never seen the field or transferred out. If anything this goes to show you Holiday didn’t even have the best QB on the field. JMO GO HERD!

Just think about it, if IG wasn’t kicked off the team he would be starting right now, and Wells may have never seen the field or transferred out. If anything this goes to show you Holiday didn’t even have the best QB on the field. JMO GO HERD!
You don’t know that.

Reactions: 19MU88
Lots of Wells' success has been from this O-Line. I'm not taking away his talents, but this line has been especially good so far in protecting him. Would IG have had the same kind of protection if he were under center?
Who knows.

Lots of Wells' success has been from this O-Line. I'm not taking away his talents, but this line has been especially good so far in protecting him. Would IG have had the same kind of protection if he were under center?
Who knows.
In addition to the protection it's about the QB getting the ball to the right place at the right time. IG showed us he couldn't do that.

Sorry, wish my NFL team had a fraction of the success MU currently is having. We all want whats best for MU.

As to the topic, first off, this year has been...odd. I wouldn't fire or let someone go who's made the most out of such a cluterfu*k season.
I think a fellow poster has it right, if Doc wins out, he'll likely get a choice of staying or going. If he stays, he'll get 3 years more.

I sense a Falcons fan...

No worries. Hard to sometimes get the sentiment behind a post. Hey, I don't have an issue with Doc staying if he'll let the Coordinators do their jobs and continue be aggressive in how he manages the games. I love that we are taking the kickoff now when we win the toss and not deferring. Thats awesome. Let's keep it up. He's always represented the school well and been loyal. We are the best team in CUSA by far at this point. UAB is the closest team to us. After that, the drop off is significant. We can only beat ourselves at this point. jmho

Doc can fill in the blanks on his contract extension if the HERD finishes in the top 25. This Marshall team is special. I hear 3 of 5 senior linemen are leaning towards returning next year. Our players love this staff and they are appreciative of the strong protocols put in place by Doc to keep them safe. I give Doc and staff an A plus for a great effort dating back to May 20.
Plus, Billy Ross is coming next year and we have Dalton Tucker as well on the OL. Hopefully Knox will come back as well. I don't have an issue with Doc coming back IF he will not micro-manage and let Cramsey do his job. Doc's always represented the school with class; and he's been loyal. This team has the IT factor, plus it looks like everyone geniunely gets along and likes their teammates. I couldn't say that of the last 4-5 teams we've had.

If we keep this pace up there is no doubt we will keep Doc. I don't think hammy will give him a 5 or 6 year deal. It would seem that a 2 year extension would be in order. By the way I think he has done a solid job here. Other than the 2016 debacle of course.

I'd still prefer Cramsey. Lambert had a chance and didn't do very well
I prefer a legit nationwide search. I think undoubtedly that BL can coach defense, but clearly being a good coordinator doesn’t always translate to being a HC. Same might or might not be true with Cramsey

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Who is Kobbe?

You're not fooling anyone.

I think @MichiganHerd has sat around many a barrel fire with Kobbe, sipping 'shine from a mason jar.

Was able to meet Kobbe one time. He told me a story about his buddy in Michigan who would always get drunk and obnoxious, so they'd always spike the guy's mason jar with some dog urine to make him more tolerable.

He's known for his coaching prowess, especially with QBs.

He was the only D1 coach to offer Louisiana Tech's QB a scholarship. Ended up signing him and coaching/developing him in his redshirt year, then the kid ended up being the starter the following year. He'd look good coaching in the kelly green, but then again, he looks good in (and out of, according to your mom) everything.

rVabnjM.jpg

You're not fooling anyone.

Was able to meet Kobbe one time. He told me a story about his buddy in Michigan who would always get drunk and obnoxious, so they'd always spike the guy's mason jar with some dog urine to make him more tolerable.

He was the only D1 coach to offer Louisiana Tech's QB a scholarship. Ended up signing him and coaching/developing him in his redshirt year, then the kid ended up being the starter the following year. He'd look good coaching in the kelly green, but then again, he looks good in (and out of, according to your mom) everything.

rVabnjM.jpg
Ahhhhhhh yes...….Kobbe. He was a player back in the day, in more ways than one! I was saddened when he went down back in January......wait,,,,,,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT