ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer on ESPN+

Have never been much of a fan of Soccer, but I went to the game last weekend against #22 FIU. It was electric. Really nice crowd who really gets into the game. I enjoyed every minute of the game, and this is coming from someone who doesn’t know much outside of the fact that the ball is supposed to go into the goal lol. Definitely going to be catching another one.

Games a go. 5’ in and Kentucky is playing much better defense than FIU had. Important game. This game will decide who CUSA sends to the tournament since there’s no conference tournaments

Herd wins! Beats UK 1-0. We’ll move up a spot or two. Next home game is the 27th.
I’ve only seen two games, although those two games were against the #22 and #11. But from what I’ve seen Marshall’s ball handling and passing is immaculate in comparison to their opponents. Coach Grassie has done one hell of a job in his 3 years here thus far.

I’ve only seen two games, although those two games were against the #22 and #11. But from what I’ve seen Marshall’s ball handling and passing is immaculate in comparison to their opponents. Coach Grassie has done one hell of a job in his 3 years here thus far.
Yep, Grassie may be the best coach in the whole AD. The dude is top notch. We need to give the guy a nice raise. Thankfully, I hear he and his wife really like Huntington and it's been a good move for them.

Yep, Grassie may be the best coach in the whole AD. The dude is top notch. We need to give the guy a nice raise. Thankfully, I hear he and his wife really like Huntington and it's been a good move for them.
It’s awesome to see a coach who strives for absolute perfection, and will do whatever it takes to reach it. Soccer has been without a doubt our most impressive sport the last 2 years. Elite coaching staff, players, and wins against top tier teams. It’s pretty cool to have Marshall trending in the direction of not just a conference championship caliber team, but a possible national championship type team.

Games a go. 5’ in and Kentucky is playing much better defense than FIU had. Important game. This game will decide who CUSA sends to the tournament since there’s no conference tournaments
Surely, there must be a mistake. Kentucky and South Carolina playing soccer in CUSA? Who would have thunk those 2 would be playing in the lowly CUSA. GO HERD!

Reactions: Jbabbington
Surely, there must be a mistake. Kentucky and South Carolina playing soccer in CUSA? Who would have thunk those 2 would be playing in the lowly CUSA. GO HERD!
Just got Coastal added too.It’s crazy to think, but although CUSA is the bottom of the barrel in every other sport, it’s one of the premier conferences for soccer. Most recently Marshall, along with Kentucky, Charlotte, FIU, and now Coastal are all usually ranked. We’re no ACC, but we’re definitely not what CUSA is to CFB or CBB.

#14 UNCC @ MU, for what I understand will be the conference championship, Sunday 2PM on ESPN+.
Marshall made its way back into the top 10 at #9. You’re correct, this game decides the conference regular season/tourney winner (since there’s no tournament) and an auto-bid to the NCAA Tourney.

Going to be the biggest game of the year for the Herd. Marshall needs to win, if they tie then Charlotte wins the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT