ADVERTISEMENT

Someone Better Check On Dherd

This was supposed to be a day where the GOP was going to lose several Governorships...looks like the GOP is actually going to gain governor seats.

I seriously was thinking earlier that seeing how Dherd spins this was going to be my favorite part of the night.

Obama has long coat tails, and they just happen to be covered with sheeeuttt.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

*carved into the rafters of Pullman*

"Dherd was here"

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
Seriously worried about that guy...
Chris Matthews just felt another tingle up his leg.......it's Dtard crawling up his arse to hide the next few years.

Obama's team didn't give enough free shit for all the minorities in the hood to get them to the polls. Oh, and of course you have to bus them to the places to vote too.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

MAY YOU GET WHAT YOU VOTED FOR!
AIN'T GONNA HURT ME, BUT YOUR ASS IS IN A SLING,
IF YOU DO.

All those places where the sheep voted 95% for Obama cannot control what happens in elections outside of their grazing area. Glad to see Dherd hasn't disappeared or moved out of the country.

Not that I think much in Washington will change but at least the electorate has shown they are not as stupid as some have believed.

So, all the Congressman Elect Evan Jenkins voters/supporters can never use the "flip-flopper" in any arguments going forward on this board? LOL...

It is easy to be the opposition party... The hard part is leading... It will be interesting to see if the House Leadership and the incoming Senate Leadership can keep the "lunatic fringe" of the GOP from taking over the Asylum...

As to the "War on Coal" other than the regulatory uncertainly that has been an issue/concern how are Republicans going to turn back the "War on Coal" here in Central Appalachia?

Originally posted by dherd:
MAY YOU GET WHAT YOU VOTED FOR!
AIN'T GONNA HURT ME, BUT YOUR ASS IS IN A SLING,
IF YOU DO.
LOL, moving to Canada? Good riddance.

I don't expect anything good, but I'm glad to see the novelty act go down in flames. Who could have known The One would end up being considered a shitty president?

Where did you copy and paste that from?

(Pro Tip: Use the "Remove Formatting" button to clean up text taken from somewhere else

Truth be told... I posted it, then copy and pasted into my email for spell checking purposes then cut and pasted back into the forum... Nothing more, nothing less...

Originally posted by pj(HN):

(Pro Tip: Use the "Remove Formatting" button to clean up text taken from somewhere else

Truth be told... I posted it, then copy and pasted into my email for spell checking purposes then cut and pasted back into the forum... Nothing more, nothing less...
Peej, last I remember you were working with the Rahall Institute in Huntington if my memory is correct. Does Rahall's loss affect you in anyway? As much as I am for change and happy with the republican sweep, I understand the need for logistics and how a good transportation infrastructure is important to the future of WV. I thought that was one thing Rahall did well. Hopefully you are not affected.

Stunning Republican victory across the board in WV.....I've been out of WV for 15+ years...What were the major issues that drove the election in WV? (War on Coal, Business Environment, Taxes, etc?)

Originally posted by CockyHerd:
Stunning Republican victory across the board in WV.....I've been out of WV for 15+ years...What were the major issues that drove the election in WV? (War on Coal, Business Environment, Taxes, etc?)
war on coal, far and away.

I thought the Mooney win spoke to how angry voters are at the Democrats. Despite that having been Capito's seat, if there was a seat to be won by Democrats that was it.

As of July Mooney was still only renting a home in WV.....But he's a pro. Hopefully he represents WV well.

Originally posted by HFF-SLTX:

Peej, last I remember you were working with the Rahall Institute in Huntington if my memory is correct. Does Rahall's loss affect you in anyway? As much as I am for change and happy with the republican sweep, I understand the need for logistics and how a good transportation infrastructure is important to the future of WV. I thought that was one thing Rahall did well. Hopefully you are not affected.
I am no longer with the RTI... Thank you for your concern...

I voted against Rahall because I get tired of seeing the same faces for 20-30 years in Washington as much as anything. I think term limits in the congress and senate would solve many of our problems.

Originally posted by CockyHerd:
I thought the Mooney win spoke to how angry voters are at the Democrats. Despite that having been Capito's seat, if there was a seat to be won by Democrats that was it.

As of July Mooney was still only renting a home in WV.....But he's a pro. Hopefully he represents WV well.

The Eastern Panhandle of WV is a growing power base and has a transient population base. So, the fact that Congressman Elect Mooney won speaks volumes to the growing influence of the Eastern Panhandle in WV politics... Couple that with geographic footprint of the 2nd Congressional District and it makes for a tough district... I will be curious to see the voter breakdown by county of the 2nd congressional district...

I'd heard rumors that WV was going to lose a congressional seat in 2020. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I imagine there is that possibility... With WV continued movement to the right and the gains the Republicans have made in the State House... It will be interesting to see how that plays out with the next redistricting...

As to the "War on Coal" other than the regulatory uncertainly that has been an issue/concern how are Republicans going to turn back the "War on Coal" here in Central Appalachia?
Easy - more oil pipelines!

I'd heard rumors that WV was going to lose a congressional seat in 2020. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I imagine there is that possibility... With WV continued movement to the right and the gains the Republicans have made in the State House... It will be interesting to see how that plays out with the next redistricting...
I don't think the State of WV gets a say in the matter concerning the number of House districts

I don't think the State of WV gets a say in the matter concerning the number of House districts
I agree... I am talking about the redistricting of the State after the 2020 census... That is a funciton of the State...

Originally posted by HFF-SLTX:

I am no longer with the RTI... Thank you for your concern...
When did you leave?

Won't it all depend on the 2020 Census results? If so, it will not impact WV until 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT