ADVERTISEMENT

Something's Gotta Give.

muthed

Silver Buffalo
Aug 25, 2018
According to a post I read on another message board, the NCAA has dictated that a team can only have 2 sets of duplicate numbers on the roster, and they can't be on the field at the same time. The roster I just looked at on herdzone.com shows Marshall with 23 sets of duplicates. May be a lot of redshirts. I didn't check what class they were in.

According to a post I read on another message board, the NCAA has dictated that a team can only have 2 sets of duplicate numbers on the roster, and they can't be on the field at the same time. The roster I just looked at on herdzone.com shows Marshall with 23 sets of duplicates. May be a lot of redshirts. I didn't check what class they were in.

I decided to look at this a few seasons ago because it seemed like we had a lot and if your remember we had several penalties for having duplicate numbers in STs.

There are several teams that have double digit duplicate numbers. WKU had something like 18 or so.

As long as they're never on the field at the same time no one ever pays it any mind.

Honestly I don't know why coaches allow it because it becomes a hassle. I've seen our players changing between 4th down and punts and KOs.

It's not like it's hard. There are 99 numbers and this year they're allowing 0 as s number. Of course you remove Gataki's retired number that is still 99 numbers for 85 scholarship players.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Positions have an impact on available numbers. That could be part of the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT