ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Miss

Marine I like your choice of bowls - the “Popeyes Weedeater Bowl.” Just what we deserve and then - wait for it, wait for it - Legg gets an extension following the bowl game.

Marine, I'd bet everything I own and all my future season ticket holdings and Big Green pledges that Doc will NOT make a move on Legg

Reactions: 31Herd55
If Legg gets an extension I’m out. I would be convinced that Doc was secretly planted here to ruin Marshall from the inside out.

Hey, Marine, you really are on to something. Not that far fetched to relate the hiring or infiltration of Doc and Legg in the MU Athletic Department as being the first volleys fired in E. Gordy Geek's clandestine campaign to establish "WVU Huntington"!!! ;)

USM 38
MU 16

Legg will not be around for the meaningless Popeyes Weedeater Bowl or whatever pidly bowl we get invited to
Marine, I'd bet everything I own and all my future season ticket holdings and Big Green pledges that Doc will NOT make a move on Legg
I hope Marine is right, but my gut tells me that Tim is making the right call on this.

If Legg gets an extension I’m out. I would be convinced that Doc was secretly planted here to ruin Marshall from the inside out.
And to annoint linton as our qb with no one else allowed to take a snap. Chase has improved how he handles himself. Hard to get much better without competition.

I went to the ky sm game zilla.They should have won. It would be the herds best win not cincinnati. They are physically tougher.

Well, Sistersville, it definitely will be MU's last chance to come up with a win in 2017 over a team with a winning record! Just another reason why a 7-5 or 8-4 record this season doesn't excite too many outside of the Shewey Bldg. and Hammy's office!!

Well, Sistersville, it definitely will be MU's last chance to come up with a win in 2017 over a team with a winning record! Just another reason why a 7-5 or 8-4 record this season doesn't excite too many outside of the Shewey Bldg. and Hammy's office!!
The win over Cincinnati was NOT a big win at all. They have won 1 game after playing us and 3 wins overall including a win over FCS Austin Peay and Miami (Oh). They lost last week handily to a 3 win ECU team. I guess MTSU and WKU were our biggest wins

I feel like we had so much go our way in the first few games of the season that it stands to reason it'd go the other way now. Plus, the way this series goes, we'll lose the next three before winning the following four.

Damn, you are liquored up early today.
must be, I mean S. Miss just pasted 66 points on UNCC a team we could only score 14 against. Unless Doc starts a Leprechaun at QB and Andre the Giant at NT we are going to get beat down.

I grew up on Maple Ford Rd right off 19. How old are you?
I'm 57, graduated in '78. Is Maple Ford Rd considered Mt. Hope or Bradley? I'm thinking Bradley. You weren't too far from the world famous Southern X-Posure club. I did some drinking back in the late 70's/early 80's with Punk Spangler, Jackie Pittman, and Lonnie Warwick at the old County Line. Rough place, but when you were with that bunch, nobody else was gonna consider messing with you. If memory serves me well enough, Maple Ford Road may have been our short cut to get down to ball games at Van.

There is no short cut to Van...only reason for going there is your GPS system is down. :p

I'm 57, graduated in '78. Is Maple Ford Rd considered Mt. Hope or Bradley? I'm thinking Bradley. You weren't too far from the world famous Southern X-Posure club. I did some drinking back in the late 70's/early 80's with Punk Spangler, Jackie Pittman, and Lonnie Warwick at the old County Line. Rough place, but when you were with that bunch, nobody else was gonna consider messing with you. If memory serves me well enough, Maple Ford Road may have been our short cut to get down to ball games at Van.

My address was Mt. Hope, my dad was from Kylsythe and hung with that crowd also.

My address was Mt. Hope, my dad was from Kylsythe and hung with that crowd also.
Well, chances are strong that I may have drank a beer or seven with him back in the day, or at least, he was likely in the establishment. That bunch would hit up every big time redneck joint between Montgomery and the Raleigh County line. Ever been to the Scarbro Tavern? I assume that place is closed, but not sure.

Well, chances are strong that I may have drank a beer or seven with him back in the day, or at least, he was likely in the establishment. That bunch would hit up every big time redneck joint between Montgomery and the Raleigh County line. Ever been to the Scarbro Tavern? I assume that place is closed, but not sure.

He graduated in 1967, I’m sure he did. I hung at the county line back in my day. My first beer was at Sams place, I was 10. My dad would take me down, Lonnie would give me $5.00 in quarters and I’d hit that punching bag machine until dad was ready to leave

My first beer was at Sams place/QUOTE]
I had forgotten about Lonnie having that joint. It was close to the old Gino's, or relatively close, because I can remember stopping in there after being at Sam's. Only a fool would get out of line at Sam's Place. He used to have the walls decked out with all of his memorabilia.

Reactions: Marine03

Except John Paul

I'm dreading the day Fayette County forces Fayetteville to consolidate into the same school with the Hopesters. They're almost as bad as the folks next door in Raleigh County.

DREH....it's probably time that Fayette Co builds a Super High School to consolidate Mt. Hope/Oak Hill, Fayetteville & Midland Trail. This modern mega school would [hopefully] provide a school that would benefit the kids academically...and I support they would compete well in the Sports Arena...just as Mingo Central has proven. Build it on land between Oak Hill & Fayetteville (excellent 4-lane highway---Rt. 19) would be beneficial for all concerned. How about the New River RAFTERS High School...with colors similar to the NFL Seattle Hawks [a touch of Blue, Green & Red].

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: Marine03
DREH....it's probably time that Fayette Co builds a Super High School to consolidate Mt. Hope/Oak Hill, Fayetteville & Midland Trail. This modern mega school would [hopefully] provide a school that would benefit the kids academically...and I support they would compete well in the Sports Arena...just as Mingo Central has proven. Build it on land between Oak Hill & Fayetteville (excellent 4-lane highway---Rt. 19) would be beneficial for all concerned. How about the New River RAFTERS High School...with colors similar to the NFL Seattle Hawks [a touch of Blue, Green & Red].

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
I always figured they would combine into one big one, but the politics in Fayette County won't allow them to get anything done. The current plan, is to consolidate Fayetteville into Oak Hill. Meadow Bridge may or may not shut down, but if they do, they'll have the option of going to either Oak Hill, Trail or Greenbrier West. Valley High is also closing, and those students can opt to go to Oak Hill, Trail, or Riverside. I agree with your thoughts of combining the four schools, but they would be a decent sized AAA with the addition of Trail and Fayetteville. I always figured that's what they would end up doing, and likely naming it Fayette Plateau High. Rafters or Rivermen likely candidates for nickname. Anything but Mountaineers.

ADVERTISEMENT