ADVERTISEMENT

SPEED

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
Thanks to computer chips inserted into N.F.L. players’ shoulder pads, we can measure and analyze the speed at which the game is played. The data, provided here by Sportradar, is used by teams to help make personnel decisions, scout opponents and even call plays. It also helps separate players who have “game speed” from those who merely run fast at the N.F.L. Combine.

“Combine speed is overrated,” said Tavon Austin, the Los Angeles Rams’ speedy receiver. “It might give you a good look to see what you can run in a straight line, but football’s not played in a straight line.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/...lights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

What is this N.F.L. you speak of ? It's been dead to me since they stopped respecting our National Anthem.

this is about the difference between game speed and 40 speed at the combine.
and talks about how fast different players run in mph during games. its pretty interesting.

but, if you want to get political about it - I personally ( and 75% of the country)
would not be led around by the nose by a man who is known to be mentally
unstable and dumb as a brick - Donald trump. but, if you choose to let a fool dictate
your thoughts go right ahead. it says way more about you than it does the nfl.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToesMU
What is this N.F.L. you speak of ? It's been dead to me since they stopped respecting our National Anthem.

You must be a wvu fan to be this dumb.

I guess you only started watching NFL games in 2009 since the players "disrespected" the national anthem by listening to music and sitting in the locker room while it was being played, right?

this is about the difference between game speed and 40 speed at the combine.
and talks about how fast different players run in mph during games. its pretty interesting.

but, if you want to get political about it - I personally ( and 75% of the country)
would not be led around by the nose by a man who is known to be mentally
unstable and dumb as a brick - Donald trump. but, if choose to let a fool dictate
your thoughts go right ahead. it says way more about you than it does the nfl.

FWIW..........Kaepernick started his protest in August of 2016, while Obama was President. Then it spread. My boycott of the NFL has nothing to do with who is sitting in the oval office.

FWIW.........

Not much coming from you.

Kaepernick started his protest in August of 2016, while Obama was President. Then it spread. My boycott of the NFL has nothing to do with who is sitting in the oval office.

Let me get this straight: you don't find it disrespectful for players to sit in the locker room, listen to music, talk, etc. during the anthem. But you take such great offense in a player taking a knee during the anthem - an anthem which celebrates the killing of blacks in a country with a deep history of racism - that you refuse to watch NFL games.

That makes about as much sense as allowing RichRod to be your daughter's cheerleading coach or hiring Holgorsen to be a bartender.

Not much coming from you.

Let me get this straight: you don't find it disrespectful for players to sit in the locker room, listen to music, talk, etc. during the anthem. But you take such great offense in a player taking a knee during the anthem - an anthem which celebrates the killing of blacks in a country with a deep history of racism - that you refuse to watch NFL games.

That makes about as much sense as allowing RichRod to be your daughter's cheerleading coach or hiring Holgorsen to be a bartender.

Knock yourself out worrying about why I don't watch the NFL. As far as your opinion of me, it means about as much as a fart in a wind storm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
apparently if Donald trump or rush Limbaugh told you to run and sniff that
fart in that windstorm you'd be right after it.

- an anthem which celebrates the killing of blacks in a country with a deep history of racism.

I don’t think our anthem has anything to do with the celebration of killing any person, let alone blacks, but more of the celebration that we won a battle to remain free from the British rule and the celebration of how brave American soldiers were to fight for their freedom.. and in high-sight it has stuck as our anthem because we are the land of the free because we fought ( the British) for it.. yes we pushed out the Indians, and natives then later started slavery because we needed workers for the demand ( cotton ) at the time, and then the north got made at the south cause they were make to much money and ganing power and the north couldn’t control it.. civil war was started because of Cotton and the south’s control of it.... slaves where used everywhere in the world and Africa had a very large slave system they started.. Many countries took advantage of the great labor that came with the African people, so USA also took advantage of the labor that they needed so badly.... now many rich people mistreated there workers because they could and they wanted more money for them selfs ( and I’m glad slavery like that has ended) slavery was used as the reason of the war because it was an easier reason for people to believe but Cotton was the real reason north started the war and they won the war.. that chapter is closed now....

USA is the land of the FREE be glad. And show your support to those that served and died for your ability to complain about a song that you think means death to black people..

about a song that you think means death to black people..

I don’t believe that’s the main theme of the song. But if you had any intelligence, you wouldn’t be able to deny that there is a part which clearly celebrates the deaths of blacks.

I’d tell you to read the entire anthem instead of just the verses that are commonly recited at sports events, but that would lead to more interaction with you which is a waste due to your lack of knowledge.

I don’t believe that’s the main theme of the song. But if you had any intelligence, you wouldn’t be able to deny that there is a part which clearly celebrates the deaths of blacks.

I’d tell you to read the entire anthem instead of just the verses that are commonly recited at sports events, but that would lead to more interaction with you which is a waste due to your lack of knowledge.
Blacks that were fighting for the King. Just to be clear.

Hahaha sounds like your really stuck on the hireling and slave part of the story .... my my they said slave they must have meant a black guy..!! Lol

You my friend need to do alittle more studying and not from the NAACP website...

NFL sucks pretty much. Games are boring. Treat the QB's like sissies. The crowds are boring. College is 10 fold better. More passion from the fans and not a bunch of spoiled idiots protesting over a bunch of malarkey. They are protesting and hell half of them probably can't even read. Making a million bucks to play a game. That idiot commissioner in the NFL should have shut this stuff down when it started.

The NFL blows.

NFL sucks pretty much. Games are boring. Treat the QB's like sissies. The crowds are boring. College is 10 fold better. More passion from the fans and not a bunch of spoiled idiots protesting over a bunch of malarkey. They are protesting and hell half of them probably can't even read. Making a million bucks to play a game. That idiot commissioner in the NFL should have shut this stuff down when it started.

The NFL blows.

Which is worse?......

Peaceful protesters
or
illegal domestic violence
or
illegally participating in a dog fighting ring

???

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Which is worse?......

Peaceful protesters
or
or

???
All the above contributes to why people are not watching the NFL as much. Which is worse? That is like picking between a roid, abscess tooth, or an ingrown toenail.

Te NFL is pretty bad these days. For a host of reasons. Full of idiots getting paid a lot to play a game.

All the above contributes to why people are not watching the NFL as much. Which is worse? That is like picking between a roid, abscess tooth, or an ingrown toenail.

Te NFL is pretty bad these days. For a host of reasons. Full of idiots getting paid a lot to play a game.

In other words, you didn't have a problem watching the NFL with animal abusers, women abusers, and domestic violence. But you drew the line at peaceful protesters.

In other words, you didn't have a problem watching the NFL with animal abusers, women abusers, and domestic violence. But you drew the line at peaceful protesters.
No, ding dong. I said those are all reasons for viewership are lower. I barely watch the NFL anymore. That has been the case for several years. The anthem deal is just another nail in the coffin.

Good Lord, POLITICS to the Pullman Board.

This is a warning to the first offender in a thread. I can't blame anyone else bated, but you all should know better.
Right there is how that guy who runs the NFL and makes a billion dollars a year should have handled the anthem deal. He should have said keep the politics out of football games. And, none of this would be a discussion. Instead he backed down from the morons.

Freedom with the King? I don't think they were treated very well. And, the song was about killing the enemy Black, White, or whoever supported the King.

Freedom from slavery. The slaves who were fighting were from the Corps of Colonial Marines. They were escaped American slaves (black) who fought for Britain because they were promised freedom in return . . . and that is exactly what happened. So, part of the anthem clearly celebrates the killing of blacks who were fighting for freedom from their "owners." Now, can you see why blacks would have an issue taking part in this song?

Hahaha sounds like your really stuck on the hireling and slave part of the story .... my my they said slave they must have meant a black guy..!! Lol

You my friend need to do alittle more studying and not from the NAACP website...

Child, you're a moron. Explain how "slave" didn't refer to blacks in the song. Hirelings were white and black. Slaves were black, especially those referenced in the song, as they were escaped slaves fighting for their freedom.

The National anthem has nothing to do with killing black people. My lord

Your knowledge on history is as limited as every other topic you try discussing on here. The central theme of the anthem wasn't killing blacks. That doesn't change the fact that a part of the song specifically celebrates the killing of blacks who were fighting for their freedom.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Freedom from slavery. The slaves who were fighting were from the Corps of Colonial Marines. They were escaped American slaves (black) who fought for Britain because they were promised freedom in return . . . and that is exactly what happened. So, part of the anthem clearly celebrates the killing of blacks who were fighting for freedom from their "owners." Now, can you see why blacks would have an issue taking part in this song?

Child, you're a moron. Explain how "slave" didn't refer to blacks in the song. Hirelings were white and black. Slaves were black, especially those referenced in the song, as they were escaped slaves fighting for their freedom.

Your knowledge on history is as limited as every other topic you try discussing on here. The central theme of the anthem wasn't killing blacks. That doesn't change the fact that a part of the song specifically celebrates the killing of blacks who were fighting for their freedom.
Yehh so they wanted to kill blacks who were fighting for the King. That is not racist. That is called wanting to kill your enemy. Wrote a song about killing the enemy. That is the way war works.

Fighting for their freedom to live under a king. OK. Not necesarily blaming the blacks for making that decision at the time, but I am glad they lost. Or, were would be talking about soccer and we would all have bad teeth and the food would suck.

Yehh so they wanted to kill blacks who were fighting for the King. That is not racist. That is called wanting to kill your enemy. Wrote a song about killing the enemy. That is the way war works.

Let me dumb this down for you and see if you can see a problem with it:

A slave-owner who argued for all blacks to be sent to live on an island wrote a song. In the song, the slave-owner celebrated the killing of blacks who were fighting for their freedom. Those slaves were not fighting for any side other than wanting their freedom, something our nation claims is an inherent right. So, we celebrate killing those people fighting for their freedom in a song written by a man who took away their freedom by enslaving them

Then, when some NFL players want to give attention to racial inequalities in this country, you have an issue when they don't participate in that type of song.

Now, can you not see how absurd it would be for any blacks - let alone those trying to make a statement on racial inequalities - to celebrate a song with that message in it?

No, ding dong. I said those are all reasons for viewership are lower.

Which is worse?......

Peaceful protesters
or
or

That is like picking between a roid, abscess tooth, or an ingrown toenail.

Your answer, moron, clearly states that there are minor, if any, differences between football players who commit domestic violence, break the law by being involved in dog fighting rings, and peaceful protesters.

A slave-owner who argued for all blacks to be sent to live on an island wrote a song. In the song, the slave-owner celebrated the killing of blacks who were fighting for their freedom. Those slaves were not fighting for any side other than wanting their freedom, something our nation claims is an inherent right. So, we celebrate killing those people fighting for their freedom in a song written by a man who took away their freedom by enslaving them

Then, when some NFL players want to give attention to racial inequalities in this country, you have an issue when they don't participate in that type of song.

Now, can you not see how absurd it would be for any blacks - let alone those trying to make a statement on racial inequalities - to celebrate a song with that message in it?
So they are protesting living a country that gives the opportunity to make millions playing a game.

How would they have done under the king?

Your answer, moron, clearly states that there are minor, if any, differences between football players who commit domestic violence, break the law by being involved in dog fighting rings, and peaceful protesters.
Flag kneelers and dog fighters. Don't like either one of them

I truly think the word slave in the extended national anthem doesn’t mean a black guy, I think they use to call people that were kidnapped and forced to do thing against their will slaves also black white orange brown yellow green pink.. so trust me when I say the slaves that are referred to in the national anthem or not just black and the words are not painting the slaves in a negative light but a sad light because the British captured Americans and forced them
Into slavery to fight for them... sorry your a NAACP lover and can’t quit drinking the kool aid..

This all started because caperdick was butt hurt he got benched

no, it started because kap had the cajones to (quietly) bring attention to important issues this country still refuses to accept and deal with - racism and cops (some, not all) who literally get away with murder of innocent victims

Reactions: JudgeDD
I truly think the word slave in the extended national anthem doesn’t mean a black guy, I think they use to call people that were kidnapped and forced to do thing against their will slaves also black white orange brown yellow green pink..

First, it isn't the "extended national anthem." It is the original national anthem, one which isn't fully recited regularly simply due to the length of it.

Next, "slave" is pretty much defined as "people that were kidnapped and forced to do things against their will." So, yes, that term applied to anyone who was under that situation. Now, tell me just who exactly was kidnapped, held against their will, and forced to do something who also were fighting in the war? Let me help you out - blacks who were slaves, hence his reference to them as "slaves." He clearly separated those who were getting paid with their fighting as hirelings compared with slaves who were fighting for the promise of their freedom.

So, if Scott Key was not referring to the black slaves who had escaped and were fighting for the British under the promise of freedom, who exactly was he referring to who were "kidnapped and forced to do things against their will?" Exactly.

so trust me when I say the slaves that are referred to in the national anthem or not just black and the words are not painting the slaves in a negative light but a sad light because the British captured Americans and forced them
Into slavery to fight for them... sorry your a NAACP lover and can’t quit drinking the kool aid..

Why would anyone trust you about anything? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about on any topic you have intruded on in your short history on here.

How old are you?

Didn't ask you if you liked either of them. I asked which is worse. You couldn't discern any difference. Tells us what we already knew about you.
I would probably go have a beer with Vick. I would not want to sit in the same room as Caperdick

ADVERTISEMENT