ADVERTISEMENT

Starbucks: Bums, vagrants, everyone is a customer

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
I don't get it. When I was a kid you had to pay a dime to use the crapper at White Castle. That was to keep the bums out, I assume.

I wouldn't have called the cops on those guys for wanting to take a leak, but it was right to arrest them when they disobeyed the cops telling them to get lost. We celebrate the wrong shit today.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/20/news/companies/starbucks-bathroom-policy/index.html

Reactions: HerdFan73
I don't get it. When I was a kid you had to pay a dime to use the crapper at White Castle. That was to keep the bums out, I assume.

I wouldn't have called the cops on those guys for wanting to take a leak, but it was right to arrest them when they disobeyed the cops telling them to get lost. We celebrate the wrong shit today.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/20/news/companies/starbucks-bathroom-policy/index.html
They played the race card and Starbucks caved.

I am 51 and I have never seen a pay toilet. Where in the hell are (were) these normally located? Now, plenty of times I've stopped at places to use the bathroom and bought something while I was there so I guess I've informally paid to use one.
In Italy they still have pay toilets.

Frankfort Airport in Germany had them. I painfully recall getting off a Lufthansa flight, and having to take a huge leak, but didn't have any Deutsche Marks.

In Brazil foreigners use their toilet attachment as a Waterpik.

Bidet'd!

shopping

I am 51 and I have never seen a pay toilet. Where in the hell are (were) these normally located? Now, plenty of times I've stopped at places to use the bathroom and bought something while I was there so I guess I've informally paid to use one.
I remember amusement parks use to have them and I remember a dept store having them.

They played the race card and Starbucks caved.

Looks like they are reversing this decision letting the bums in, already. The animals started taking over the place.

Another liberal experiment.....failure. This policy unraveled even faster than I thought it would.

Looks like they are reversing this decision letting the bums in, already. The animals started taking over the place.

Another liberal experiment.....failure. This policy unraveled even faster than I thought it would.
I don't understand these companies sometimes. Why don't they just show some balls and say we let these guys hand out in our establishment for a long time. They wanted to use our facilities and continue to hangout taking a table and space away from our paying customers. We asked them to buy something and they refused. After continued opportunities to buy something they refused to buy something or leave. So, we were left with no choice but to call the authorities to deal with the situation.

I don't understand these companies sometimes.

Correct. You don't understand these companies. Starbucks offers it's shops as places to hang out and perhaps do business. They have free wifi, something you probably wouldn't do if you didn't want people hanging around.

Correct. You don't understand these companies. Starbucks offers it's shops as places to hang out and perhaps do business. They have free wifi, something you probably wouldn't do if you didn't want people hanging around.
Free wi-fi dosen't have to be a reason to allow non paying customers to take up space. I mean it is one thing to allow a guy to use the bath room and then leave and another to loiter. I remember a few years ago reading an article how some McDonalds were having trouble with old guys sitting around half the morning talking and sipping on coffee. All the other customers were having trouble finding a seat to eat. This will always be a problem as long as people are inconsiderate of others.

Free wi-fi dosen't have to be a reason to allow non paying customers to take up space. I mean it is one thing to allow a guy to use the bath room and then leave and another to loiter. I remember a few years ago reading an article how some McDonalds were having trouble with old guys sitting around half the morning talking and sipping on coffee. All the other customers were having trouble finding a seat to eat. This will always be a problem as long as people are inconsiderate of others.

It's the business model that starbucks created, moron. By making the atmosphere conducive to business and gatherings, their betting on people buying some coffee, but it's not been a mandatory thing.

Perhaps do business? They have to do business to survive like any other business.

It's the business model that starbucks created, moron. By making the atmosphere conducive to business and gatherings, their betting on people buying some coffee, but it's not been a mandatory thing.
glad to know you sit in the board meetings of Star Bucks. Quick FYI for you EG. If they do not sell coffee they go out of business.Even though they are good liberals at Star Bucks they can't rely of govt handouts to survive.

Starbucks, Caribou Coffee and other such places have always been welcoming of business men and students to hang out and use their Wifi. I’ve been in many of those establishments in various parts of the country and never once been bothered or questioned. I feel a bit of an obligation to purchase something myself, but I’ve seen many other folks just sitting there using the space. They’re not caving to anything, just making what has been their practice an official policy.

Starbucks, Caribou Coffee and other such places have always been welcoming of business men and students to hang out and use their Wifi. I’ve been in many of those establishments in various parts of the country and never once been bothered or questioned. I feel a bit of an obligation to purchase something myself, but I’ve seen many other folks just sitting there using the space. They’re not caving to anything, just making what has been their practice an official policy.

We're talking more about the homeless and/or strung out addicts that have begun to use SBux locations in various cities for shelter or just places to sleep off their last hit. Of course most any other business person or student will be welcome. That's really never been in question.

No surprise you don't understand what is actually going on in some cities around the country. This isn't simply about business people.

Their business model was never about being a "rescue shelter" for society's bum population, which is what some of these bigger city locations have turned into.

You're a conservative idiot. Starbucks actually has information on the internet. It's called, guess what?.....starbucks.com.

https://news.starbucks.com/news/no-office-no-problem-meet-me-at-starbucks

440.jpg
no I am not like you. I promise you that if people showed up at 8am and occupied a table all day on their laptop they wouldn't and couldn't handle that. They want people to use the space for a reasonable amount of time and then move on. Most business people do that.

No surprise you don't understand what is actually going on in some cities around the country. This isn't simply about business people.

Their business model was never about being a "rescue shelter" for society's bum population, which is what some of these bigger city locations have turned into.
posting because greed has you blocked

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Just a FYI, if I have someone blocked, your quoting them doesn't show up either.
well here you go then:

Reactions: ohio herd
well here you go then:

So, one idiot is quoting another. Par for the course.

ADVERTISEMENT