ADVERTISEMENT

Statement from Hamrick

Sounds like blah, blah, blah to me. Nothing is going to change and it's tough if the fans don't like it. I'm tired of weak teams playing weak schedules and having the athletic dept. disrespect former players as well as fans. The behind closed door mentality instead of full disclosure is possibly more upsetting than the poor season that we just experienced. About time to give my disposable cash elsewhere.

Excellent response to all the negativity. If he apologized in private that probably better. He did address everyone matters. Something is wrong with Landon's angle. Landon is a cancer of epic proportion, I do hope he gets let go sooner rather than later. He is not a son of marshall he is a son of a bitch.

Thank you Mike Hamrick for making a statement. Let go forth on a positive note into 2017.

Whats the old saying - the lights are on but nobody's home.....(sums up the lights on in the football offices plus daylight savings time ended so it gets dark earlier..lol)

Statement does nothing more than solidify what so many already know, realize and understand.

Reactions: Herdon2
I met the man 3 years ago at a Lions function in Flatwoods. He spent part of his speech praising Doc, part praising Bill Stewart, and the other third bragging about how Marshall beat the same Maryland team that shut out WVU earlier in the season. If this man was a serious AD, he would not have spent 6 weeks courting Mike D'Antoini and ending up with big brother to be basketball coach.

Excellent response to all the negativity. If he apologized in private that probably better. He did address everyone matters. Something is wrong with Landon's angle. Landon is a cancer of epic proportion, I do hope he gets let go sooner rather than later. He is not a son of marshall he is a son of a bitch.

Thank you Mike Hamrick for making a statement. Let go forth on a positive note into 2017.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Who's butthurt. I just told you guys what he said. He is a likable person. I just wish he had not bragged about beating Maryland in a room 75% full of WVU fans.

Um, its not like, dan, that the EERS former POS AD, Horseface Ollie, the Schmuck, NEVER, NEVER made cheap shot, PUBLIC negative comments about MU and the Herd!!

Reactions: The Real SamC
WE ARE.....MARSHALL.

We have been tested before...we will be again. I too am disappointed in how our 1996 team was treated this season during the FAU game. "Someone" fumbled the ball and some players from the 1996 team felt they were not respected. When you are in the AD position at your school...as Mike spoke to today...it (AD job) is demanding because you are expected to be "at the top of your game---all the time." Mike has accepted some faught and he was "man enough" to address the State of Affairs @ Marshall, Dec 5... after Chuck Landon's article that got me---as well as many others ANGRY.

"We Are.... the little engine that could not"...We Are...Us Against Everybody......WE ARE.....MARSHALL.

I support The 75 is looking down with sorrow that "We have a House divided." WE Are.....FAMILY. Family members fight.....family members say hurtfull things. We ARE...all guilty of this. Why? Because We Care! But, at the End of the Day......We that Care...Forgive & have each other's Back.

Tonight, before I close my eyes...I will say a prayer for Mike Hamrick and his hurting family. I strongly support that Mike Hamrick LOVES Marshall with all his heart & strength. We all mess up from time to time...God did not make perfect people.

I am over my anger. It has been a hell of a roller-coaster ride for me today. I have made & received phone calls with the common subject..."What the Hell is Going On at Marshall?"

It's time to "get back to work" of supporting the University that made me and YOU what WE are today. SONS & DAUGHTERS of MARSHALL.

Gary Sweeney (HerdZilla22 in Charlotte)

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Bill legg still sucks .... and it's looking like I'm going to be a fare weather fan if I even go at all next year!!! Grow some Mike and doc, fire legg he's horrible!!!

Reactions: Elkview
It's all AD speak. With the disaster I saw this year and the fact we have seen no changes what so ever tells me everything I need to know. Actions speak volumes and I have seen no action at all.

There are some bad things going on right now with this program. I don't believe much of this letter. Landon may not be liked by a lot of you but at least he is calling out the athletic dept like is should be. You think you would have ever heard about the treatment of the 96 team otherwise?

Reactions: HerdFan73
The only good can take from all the negativity is Marshall, for a G5 school has a very very very passionate fan base with high expectations. Football matters here.

Either Doc gets it tuned around next year or he doesn't. If he doesn't I'm sure changes will be made.

3'straight 10 win seasons and a disaster season he gets a mulligan. Sorry.

Please folks let's get behind the program not kill it like Landon wants to!!!!

Bill legg isn't good enough... sorry i saw better play calling in wheeling this year.... need a new offense and he don't know how...

Reactions: Elkview
Mike whatcha gonna do when it's ticket renewal time?

At ticket renewal time, MH will recieve ticket renewals for the vast majority of current ticket buyers. Because we have been with this team through thick and thin under many coaches and many ADs. And a few fairweather children , my guess is less than 2%, will pout and go away. We are better off without them. And, when in a year or two we are right back on top, the fairweathers will have no part in what we will have acomplished.

BTW, does your post count as today's "they did not far everybody in the building so I am going to pout and moan about it" post, or will you start yet another thread about it?

What an arrogant statement. Excuses not solutions. Expect the same results. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Reactions: Marshallgirl15
Sam - interested in what we will be back on top of ? - Not going dancing again? One run in the CUSA tournament and then not even making the NIT is not being "on top" of anything.

1947 - NAIA champions - Henderson
One MAC title - 1956 - Rivlin
One good run in the NIT in 1967 - Ellis Johnson
Finished ( as an independent ) # 12 in the nation ( made it as high as #8) in 1972 - Coach Tacy
4 So Con titles under Huckabay
CIT ( the buy yourself in tournament) under Jones.
2012 we finally get back to the NIT - Herrion

So we have not been to The Dance since 1987 - coming up on 30 years and the trip to the NIT was the first since Huckabay

Not sure where this "back on top" is coming from. Take out 1947 (70 years ago) 1972 with Coach Tacy and Huckabays run and we have not been on top of basically anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshallgirl15
What happens to sell of season tickets when corporations that never show up at games fail to buy tickets. This is seen every home game with the seats that are not filled that corporations have purchased. My question to Hamrick is how many season ticket holders that don't renew next year makes you say to your self I was wrong? The people spoke but my own ego didn't listen.

Sad, Sad, Sad state of affairs and Herd fans are helpless against our millionaire decision-makers. Hamrick needs to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Sam - interested in what we will be back on top of ? - Not going dancing again? One run in the CUSA tournament and then not even making the NIT is not being "on top" of anything.

1947 - NAIA champions - Henderson
One MAC title - 1956 - Rivlin
One good run in the NIT in 1967 - Ellis Johnson
Finished ( as an independent ) # 12 in the nation ( made it as high as #8) in 1972 - Coach Tacy
4 So Con titles under Huckabay
CIT ( the buy yourself in tournament) under Jones.
2012 we finally get back to the NIT - Herrion

So we have not been to The Dance since 1987 - coming up on 30 years and the trip to the NIT was the first since Huckabay

Not sure where this "back on top" is coming from. Take out 1947 (70 years ago) 1972 with Coach Tacy and Huckabays run and we have not been on top of basically anything.

For us to really make it to the place we want to see Thundering Herd athletics, Independent label would have to return. No way an Independent TV deal/rights, would not bring in more money that what we have now. We could schedule whoever we wanted all season, in every sport.

Just notice how many teams in the nation have already attempted to improve themselves since the season ended. What do we do???
NADA, even though we were one of worst 10 teams in the nation.
All those teams seeking to improve were already better than us.
SAD; Tragic actually. Hope is lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT