ADVERTISEMENT

Stats:

the sequence of no-call on Elmore and the phantom call on Watson was pretty bad. But would not have changed margin of victory. Proud of our guys and thought Coach Huggins was decent throughout ...

In looking at the shot stats for Marshall, many of those were one and done. When you get no offensive rebounds, its gonna be a long night. If Danny wants a return trip to the Dance next year, the offensive rebounding has got to improve.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
In looking at the shot stats for Marshall, many of those were one and done. When you get no offensive rebounds, its gonna be a long night. If Danny wants a return trip to the Dance next year, the offensive rebounding has got to improve.
Hopefully the two big men we have coming in next year will help. You're right when you get dominated in the rebounding stats that hurts a great deal.

Hopefully the two big men we have coming in next year will help. You're right when you get dominated in the rebounding stats that hurts a great deal.
Levi Cook averaged 2 points and 1 rebound in his last season at Marquette. I doubt if he makes much of a difference since it will be his 4th school in his career. Baby Shaq maybe IF he can meet eligibility.

Levi Cook averaged 2 points and 1 rebound in his last season at Marquette. I doubt if he makes much of a difference since it will be his 4th school in his career. Baby Shaq maybe IF he can meet eligibility.

Yeah, Dan, some "IFS". But Cook alone will be a definite upgrade over Milan. Stats at Marquette are virtually meaningless. Want a comparison? Compare James Kelly's stats his last year at Miami (FL) versus his stats his one year with the Herd. He has had a year already to work on his shot, getting in better shape, learn Danny's system. Both he and Iran have over 7 months to continue working and developing before the season opener in November!!

Yeah, Dan, some "IFS". But Cook alone will be a definite upgrade over Milan. Stats at Marquette are virtually meaningless. Want a comparison? Compare James Kelly's stats his last year at Miami (FL) versus his stats his one year with the Herd. Cook has had a year already to work on his shot, getting in better shape, learn Danny's system, etc. Both he and Iran have over 7 months to continue working and developing before the season opener in November!!

Conference champs, trip to the big dance and a win on the road over a higher seeded team........ Great time to be a herd fan....

I’ll take conference champions every year...! And if we have a team big enough deep enough we then can make a showing in the tournament... PS the refs didn’t do us any favors some critical timed calls/no calls.. down the stretch it got alittle more balanced but by that time WVU didn’t need to be as aggressive... GO HERD!!!!!

Reactions: kdbherdon
Why would you question Iran's eligibility? He has NEVER had grade problems. He is an average student or better. The only reason he isn't eligible is because he went to a non-sanctioned HS for 2 years and didn't get his core classes.
You should know a little about the subject before spouting off.
That is a good reason to not post on another teams's board. I would look like a fool on a wvu board too. Until last night I only knew 1 name dealing with wvu basketball. Bob Huggins.

Reactions: thunderscope
Why would you question Iran's eligibility? He has NEVER had grade problems. He is an average student or better. The only reason he isn't eligible is because he went to a non-sanctioned HS for 2 years and didn't get his core classes.
That is a good reason to not post on another teams's board. I would look like a fool on a wvu board too. Until last night I only knew 1 name dealing with wvu basketball. Bob Huggins.
never heard of Jevon Carter?

I bet you have now

Meister, is it true that, at the moment, Bennett is ineligible? I never said anything about grades. I understand there were serious issues with the place he went to high school. Levi Cook cannot play until January, 2019 due his transfer. Marshall needs both big very badly.

Turnovers and rushed shots decided this game. The refs allowing physical play just added to our problems but didn't cost us the game. The players might have been too hyped up because it looked like they were trying to win the game on ever possession in the first half which was probably attributed to the build up and who we were playing. This was just a new beginning and not an ending for this program. This time we ran into a team that had been there before and it showed. Next time we will be the team that has been there before. No excuses because we had a great and historic season!

Reactions: AmeriKenny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT