ADVERTISEMENT

still looking after munchkincons - trump wants unilateral tax cut for mega rich bypassing congress

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering bypassing Congress to grant a $100 billion tax cut mainly to the wealthy.....

Capital gains taxes are overwhelmingly paid by high earners,..... more than 97 percent of the benefits of indexing capital gains for inflation would go to the top 10 percent of income earners in America. Nearly two-thirds of the benefits would go to the super wealthy — the top 0.1 percent of American income earners.

According to the budget model used by the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, indexing capital gains to inflation would reduce government revenues by $102 billion over a decade, with 86 percent of the benefits going to the top 1 percent.

“If it can’t get done through a legislation process, we will look at what tools at Treasury we have to do it on our own and we’ll consider that,” Mr. Mnuchin said

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/us/politics/trump-tax-cuts-rich.html?rref=collection/issuecollection/todays-new-york-times&action=click&contentCollection=todayspaper&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection

BENEFITS ME, BUT AT THE PRICE OF DOING SERIOUS AND LASTING DAMAGE TO AMERICA. THATS TOO HIGH A PRICE TO PAY WHEN OUR DEMOCRACY IS UNDER ATTACK FROM WITHIN AND WITHOUT.
I JUST GOT ANOTHER BIG TAX BREAK THIS YEAR, MINE IS PERMANENT, YOURS IS GONE IN
2 YRS. MEANWHILE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE COST IS GOING THROUGH ROOF WHILE PROVIDING
LESS COVERAGE. NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU FROM ME - YOU DO IT TO YOURSELF. HOWEVER, MANY
INNOCENT MILLIONS SUFFER ALONG BESIDE YOU - NOT FAIR.

First I’ve seen dtard admit the Democrats are attacking our democracy from within.

Maybe he is coming around?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT