ADVERTISEMENT

Summer of “Thunder” in Nassau.......

Are the US collegiate teams permitted to work out vs. each other, even if informally ?
Not with any coaches present.
I can tell you that Danny is not planning any workouts at all. He expects them to only officially workout on game days. He wants this to be a bonding trip and good time for the players

Funky Nassau

“Nassau’s gone funky and Nassau’s gone soul”

“Nassau rocks and Nasssu rolls, Nassau’s got a whole lot a soul”

The Beginning of The End - 1971

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
What's the schedule for the Herd down in Nassau? What time do they play? Also I wonder if there is any kind of live coverage?

Isn't this Bahamas gig one of those things that a school gets to do every 4 years or so? Seem to recall one of Herrion's last couple of teams did a similar jaunt up in Canada.

Well, about what was expected. Pretty good at times, pretty ragged at times. I didn't start watching until the second quarter (guess they are playing by International rules).

It was hard to discern who was whom with the poor streaming. Had to know their body shapes to make positive identities...Ha!

I thought Jannson and Rondale had a pretty good game. Jon came on strong with his treys at the end.

Iran was solid, a couple of nice moves around the basket. Unlike Shaq, he can hit his free throws. A little lagging at times until more of that weight comes off. Several times the opposing players bounced off of him when he held his position -- no foul called.

I thought all the freshmen -- even the walk-ons -- looked good, Taveon the best. They are sooooooooo athletic.

Where was C.J.?

Kentucky was mentioned above as being a team with top 15 talent and how good for herd players to see them. Calipari mentioned Marshall's team being explosive is what I should have mentioned.
Keep going to practice and giving reports and enjoy this team drum major

Kentucky was mentioned above as being a team with top 15 talent and how good for herd players to see them. Calipari mentioned Marshall's team being explosive is what I should have mentioned.
Keep going to practice and giving reports and enjoy this team drum major
F KY and Calipari! What would our team learn from watching a bunch of Freshmen play in Calipari's offense? Plus, if not for Calipari's success at UMASS, Kayo "Slow-dime" Marcum would never have been considered for the MU AD job.

pd - chill. Does the fact that ND is also there make you feel any better?
I don't like them either. My issue is that the comment insinuated that our players should be happy that KY is there so that we can learn from them. It is okay to like KY but it really was a strange and somewhat insulting comment to our program.

F KY and Calipari! What would our team learn from watching a bunch of Freshmen play in Calipari's offense? Plus, if not for Calipari's success at UMASS, Kayo "Slow-dime" Marcum would never have been considered for the MU AD job.
What a idiot. Its called big time. U want your reports from a drum major or watch the real thing. Go back to the opening post. Why wait till I said it to see it as a cut. Quess the football team would pass on seeing Alabama. Jealousy . Gee one trip in thirty years to the dance and a few fans turn bat crazy

Last edited:
I don't like them either. My issue is that the comment insinuated that our players should be happy that KY is there so that we can learn from them. It is okay to like KY but it really was a strange and somewhat insulting comment to our program.
The players were thrilled to see Kentucky. Calipari was enjoyed the herd. What's the big deal? Talking basketball this time of year is a Kentucky thing .Hope you like it.

Marshall could play with Kentucky Bailey and over the years that would be false. Dan has a good team. Better than last year. Herd will win the conference hands down.

"And then what you do is find a kid on campus, doesn't have to be the same size, the same face, nothing like that, just another black kid....and you throw a hoodie on him and send him into the auditorium and viola - five star point guard for a whole year."

-John Calipari, explaining to D'Antoni how you win on the college level

PxQUu6S.jpg

The players were thrilled to see Kentucky. Calipari was enjoyed the herd. What's the big deal? Talking basketball this time of year is a Kentucky thing .Hope you like it.
Let’s be honest....any kid on our team given the chance to play for Kentucky and John Calipari would have done so. To frame things in the proper perspective....Marshall has a good team that can compete and win in CUSA. I’m happy for the boys the school and the coach....a win in NCAA tournament. First in school history. Not everyone that watches practice sees a final four team and years of NCAA tournament appreances in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT