ADVERTISEMENT

Taevion Kinsey

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Tweeted: “I’m making the decision that is best for me from now on. . . fot my mind, body and soul. I’m betting on me.” Wonder what decision this young man is making?

Reactions: Elkview
Tweeted: “I’m making the decision that is best for me from now on. . . for my mind, body and soul. I’m betting on me.” Wonder what decision this young man is making?
Tweeted: “I’m making the decision that is best for me from now on. . . fot my mind, body and soul. I’m betting on me.” Wonder what decision this young man is making?
Should be “for” and not “fot”. My fat finger.

Some of you guys are way off base... While I don't know if Kinsey will make it in the NBA, there are multiple mock drafts, scouting services, etc that have him being selected in this year's draft. Mostly in the middle/late second round.

Even if he winds up in the G-League (which is very likely) he is a NBA talent... Just because the team was awful, our offense didn't utilize him correctly, and he was hurt the second half of the season, doesn't mean he can't play at the next level.

Some of you guys are way off base... While I don't know if Kinsey will make it in the NBA, there are multiple mock drafts, scouting services, etc that have him being selected in this year's draft. Mostly in the middle/late second round.

Even if he winds up in the G-League (which is very likely) he is a NBA talent... Just because the team was awful, our offense didn't utilize him correctly, and he was hurt the second half of the season, doesn't mean he can't play at the next level.
Being drafted in the 2nd round in the NBA draft is about the equivalent of being an UDFA in the NFL. Kinsey can jump out of this world, but I don’t see him offering much more than that at the next level. He will have a home overseas and maybe do well there, kind of like Elmore.

our program is really moving up there if you have to be a NBA talent to be a big loss. that's good to know.

Reactions: horsrman
our program is really moving up there if you have to be a NBA talent to be a big loss. that's good to know.
This team was 4-14 in C-USA with him. Can’t really take a step back at this point. They honestly seemed to play better down the stretch when he was out.

Reactions: herdfan429
This team was 4-14 in C-USA with him. Can’t really take a step back at this point. They honestly seemed to play better down the stretch when he was out.
100%. The offense ran better when they weren’t trying to let him go iso… which he has proven he doesn’t have the skill set to do consistently. He’s a great wingman/distraction. If he was taught over the last 4 years… how to fundamentally rebound… he could have led the country.

I don't disagree with that.

I just thought the standard of what a loss is to us sounded a tad off.

Soooooo……? for you basketball snobs - Kinsey is 703 pts from tying Elmore for most points in a career. If he averages 23-25 pts per game next season, is there an * beside his record?

According to the HD this morning...

Coach D'Antoni said " He (Kinsey) said he pulled out of the NBA draft. He said he didn't earn a spot by what he did. That's the type of young man he is."

"Kind of like today," Kinsey said about the decision he first shared with D'Antoni earlier in the day. " I felt there are things I need to improve in. No place better to do it than here."

According to the HD this morning...

Coach D'Antoni said " He (Kinsey) said he pulled out of the NBA draft. He said he didn't earn a spot by what he did. That's the type of young man he is."

"Kind of like today," Kinsey said about the decision he first shared with D'Antoni earlier in the day. " I felt there are things I need to improve in. No place better to do it than here."
If he hit the gym and worked on that muscle memory for 3’s and comes out next year with 50% then there will be no doubt he’ll be NBA talent. He only shot 20% last year as opposed to 40% the year prior. So he can get there, it just won’t be by his ability to jump.

Like any of these people on here actually know NBA talent. I find it laughable how seriously they take themselves with threads saying someone isn't NBA level because the team is bad.
Plenty of good pro players came from absolutely nowhere and teams who significantly underachieved.

Reactions: horsrman and RhinoD
Like any of these people on here actually know NBA talent. I find it laughable how seriously they take themselves with threads saying someone isn't NBA level because the team is bad.
Plenty of good pro players came from absolutely nowhere and teams who significantly underachieved.
One episode of Steven A Smith and all the critics come out….

Kinsey is an NBA talent. I think too many on here are evaluating him the wrong way. Kinsey's effectiveness has eroded each year as his role on the team has increased. He's an off the ball player that excels when he has a PG that can run the show. As Elmore left then West left the burden of carrying the team and being the "go to" guy fell on Kinsey even though that is not his game.

I don't want him to leave, but if he was on a better team with better PG play where he could use his athleticism off the ball and he wasn't the #1 focus of the opposing team he'd start to excel again the way he did when everyone on this board thought he was an NBA talent.

Dan and the staff have done him a disservice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT