ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Holden

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Word out of nearby Wheelersburg, Ohio, says that the son of former Marshall basketball great- Rodney Holden, has had his scholarship offer from Marshall withdrawn. Anyone know why DD might do this? The young man is a great kid who would make any parents proud, good student, and a heck of a ball player if you have watched the young man play. Disappointed if true.

Word out of nearby Wheelersburg, Ohio, says that the son of former Marshall basketball great- Rodney Holden, has had his scholarship offer from Marshall withdrawn. Anyone know why DD might do this? The young man is a great kid who would make any parents proud, good student, and a heck of a ball player if you have watched the young man play. Disappointed if true.

I'm no insider, but I've heard that since we won the game in the NCAA our options have greatly increased.

I'm no insider, but I've heard that since we won the game in the NCAA our options have greatly increased.
Yep. Plus we have Dajour Rucker already committed in the 2019 class and two very similar players (to Holden) already on the roster in George and Brooks-Harris. Jeremy Dillon could also fit that role as well.

We need a lead guard and a couple of combo 2/3s in this class to help replace Elmore, Burks and Watson. Could also use a young big to develop behind Williams, Bennett, Beyers and Sustic.

Reactions: pdbailey
Not true. Danny has said that the offer will always be there. As was stated above, we offered it way before we had the success we had last year. That has put many more high talented players on the radar.
Tanner's minutes here IMO would be very limited with what we have, what is committed and what we are now after.

So it sounds like DD is keeping his word, but was up front and honest with him about how much he'd likely play. That's probably how he handled the players that left the program this year. He probably said they were welcome to stay but they'd find much more meaningful playing time elsewhere.

Yep. Plus we have Dajour Rucker already committed in the 2019 class and two very similar players (to Holden) already on the roster in George and Brooks-Harris. Jeremy Dillon could also fit that role as well.

We need a lead guard and a couple of combo 2/3s in this class to help replace Elmore, Burks and Watson. Could also use a young big to develop behind Williams, Bennett, Beyers and Sustic.
What players are we looking at right for next year? Is the Dobb's kid an option?

What players are we looking at right for next year? Is the Dobb's kid an option?
We are on 2 European kids 6-7 and 6-10 that are playing prep ball in NY. The Dobbs kid never is mentioned. I know he has expressed interest in us but it doesn't seem reciprocal.
Of course we have the commitment from Virginia Beack in Dajour Rucker. He looks like a bigger Ryan Taylor

We are on 2 European kids 6-7 and 6-10 that are playing prep ball in NY. The Dobbs kid never is mentioned. I know he has expressed interest in us but it doesn't seem reciprocal.
Of course we have the commitment from Virginia Beack in Dajour Rucker. He looks like a bigger Ryan Taylor
any guards mentioned?

I thought Dobbs would be a take for us with his WV and Marshall ties. Any reason why we pass on him? just not that good?

If anyone would have shown me this thread 7 years ago, I would have said that is pure fantasy talk!! This....is......great....
Herrion: If we could just land much more talented players, and if I had a better philosophy, and.....

Danny: Hold my beer

Reactions: AllEers6
I just hope we do uphold our offer if he still wants to come here. If it is a hey u may want to look elsewhere as you may not play here much then I think DD is doing him a solid.

Meister I know you have good info.
However at the NC State game that is not what I was told from someone very involved in the Wheelersburg program. You could be mistaken on this one - I won’t say wrong. This person would really know.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT