ADVERTISEMENT

That lasted long

so whats the real story here? "Personal reasons" is BS and cover for something else most of the time.

He got here and realized we stink and knew it would be a one year gig?
He got here and realized that college coaches work 10hr days in the offseason, 15hr in-season and didnt want that life?
Something came up on the background check?

Gotta be something other than my family is 5hrs away, he knew that when he took the job.

I won't speculate... But if this was the answer you couldn't really blame him. Why would you take a job as an assistant if you have an inkling the head coach will be gone in 10 months?

Stay in Charlotte and wait for the next opportunity (maybe with the next Herd basketball regime).

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
so whats the real story here? "Personal reasons" is BS and cover for something else most of the time.

He got here and realized that college coaches work 10hr days in the offseason, 15hr in-season and didnt want that life?

Gotta be something other than my family is 5hrs away, he knew that when he took the job.

I won't speculate... But if this was the answer you couldn't really blame him. Why would you take a job as an assistant if you have an inkling the head coach will be gone in 10 months?

Stay in Charlotte and wait for the next opportunity (maybe with the next Herd basketball regime).
As a former MU player not all that far removed from his playing days 1 and 2 should have been no shock to him. And no I am not insinuating anything dirty on Tamar. Just saying he should know good and well the situation the current team is in and the life of a college coach should also not come as a shock to him.

Last edited:
Baseball doesn't even have a home stadium and can somehow be consistently better run than the basketball program.

Whatever the reason, doesn't look good for the program who seemingly can't get any worse than their previous season.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Baseball doesn't even have a home stadium and can somehow be consistently better run than the basketball program.

Whatever the reason, doesn't look good for the program who seemingly can't get any worse than their previous season.
Wanna bet? The OOC schedule has not yet been released. I’m sure the staff is busy trying to schedule as many D-2, D-3, and NAIA teams they can to ensure a winning season.

Reactions: RhinoD and herd66

Both are garbage ninth consistently finish under 500. Don’t act like baseball is light years ahead of basketball because they both suck

Reactions: ThunderCat98

The correct answer is in your second paragraph. And it’s not the reason that most would assume.

Well, I'll assume something came up in the background check.....hmmm
giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: ru4_mu2
Wanna bet? The OOC schedule has not yet been released. I’m sure the staff is busy trying to schedule as many D-2, D-3, and NAIA teams they can to ensure a winning season.
Im looking forward to seeing Glenville State, Fairmont State, Pikeville and Rio Grande mixed in with our regulars from the MAC -- Akron, Ohio, Bowling Green, Toledo... And bottom feeders from even smaller leagues -- American, Holy Cross, UNC Wilmington, High Point, etc.

And then one game against a top-25 team where we play hard for a half, keep it close, then lose by 20... Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio State, Tennessee, etc.

Reactions: bbneutralfan
"Homesick" according to Dan. The program is a dumpster fire and the "leader" shrugs off the failure of, what should have been, a regime saving hire. I love Marshall, but sometimes I have to shake my head at the amount of incompetence that is allowed to remain for years beyond their shelf life.

I’ve heard it was a personal family issue. He was needed back in Charlotte. Does it really matter? HN would be a great interweb EMT: “We’ll keep a thread alive!”

Reactions: horsrman
Danny cant bring in kids worthy of playing at this level. I guess we shouldn't be surprised he cant hire coaches who are capable either. Dude needs fired....yesterday.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
"Homesick" according to Dan. The program is a dumpster fire and the "leader" shrugs off the failure of, what should have been, a regime saving hire. I love Marshall, but sometimes I have to shake my head at the amount of incompetence that is allowed to remain for years beyond their shelf life.

"But gee golly darn, his analytics story is just sooo good though!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT