ADVERTISEMENT

The AAC!!!!!!!

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Dear Samantha,

Had the AAC been without UConn last year, as they will be next year, it would have ranked higher than the ACC in SP+ rating, Sagarin, and other major rankings.

Sincerely,
THE AAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Samantha,

Had the AAC been without UConn last year, as they will be next year, it would have ranked higher than the ACC in SP+ rating, Sagarin, and other major rankings.

Sincerely,
THE AAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those schools are spending a lot of money on athletics

Last edited:

He can't see it if you quote me. You have to copy and paste within your own post.

Oh Saaaaammm,

Dear Samantha,

Sincerely,
THE AAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: riflearm2
Oh Saaaaammm,

Dear Samantha,

Sincerely,
THE AAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMO, AAC schools are very important to college athletics. When ESPN and the other major conferences are trying to cut schools out its important for the AAC types to do well and fight for everyone else.

IMO, AAC schools are very important to college athletics. When ESPN and the other major conferences are trying to cut schools out its important for the AAC types to do well and fight for everyone else.
The AAC has distanced themselves light years ahead of the other G5 conferences

Reactions: Ninegate and whf2
Roy Kramer & Co. Don’t give a shit about the AAC.
True. But look at the financial package they have compared to any other G5 conference. Not even close. Granted their finances don't come close to a P5 conference but as I said above, it is light years ahead of all other G5 leagues

The schools in the AAC are legitimate national universitites.
ECU is a national university? Wichita St is a national university? I’m not saying they aren’t better than Marshall because they are but they aren’t national universities, whatever the hell that means

Reactions: 5150
Marshall will not get into the AAC so why even continue this nonsense? For one reason you have a BOG, a President of the university, and an AD who are totally satisfied with the status quo and our current level of mediocrity in CUSA. Doesn’t seem to matter (at least publicly) where any of our major sports teams finish in CUSA. You want us in the AAC then there needs to be an outcry amongst ticket holders/fans/monied alumni to force the hands of those in charge and then begin to pay the higher prices that would surely come IF Marshall were ever admitted. Frankly I would much prefer to see the leaders at Marshall show some initiative to create a new conference keeping some CUSA members, add some Sunbelt and .MAC teams and move on. Get a conference more geographically and regionally suited for fan travel. Have at it guys. JMO

Reactions: HuntersvilleHerd
Marshall will not get into the AAC so why even continue this nonsense? For one reason you have a BOG, a President of the university, and an AD who are totally satisfied with the status quo and our current level of mediocrity in CUSA. Doesn’t seem to matter (at least publicly) where any of our major sports teams finish in CUSA. You want us in the AAC then there needs to be an outcry amongst ticket holders/fans/monied alumni to force the hands of those in charge and then begin to pay the higher prices that would surely come IF Marshall were ever admitted. Frankly I would much prefer to see the leaders at Marshall show some initiative to create a new conference keeping some CUSA members, add some Sunbelt and .MAC teams and move on. Get a conference more geographically and regionally suited for fan travel. Have at it guys. JMO
I agree with much of what you say. I don't however expect to see any MAC schools moving anywhere else. They have no fan support and are quite happy staying in a bus league and playing on Wednesday nights

The guys trashing the AAC would jump at the chance for us to join that league. Although that would mean Doc going 5-7, 6-6 every year.
it would be a HUGE upgrade in basketball as well. I would much rather having home games with Memphis, Wichita State, Cincinnati and Houston than UTSA, Rice and UTEP

True. But look at the financial package they have compared to any other G5 conference. Not even close. Granted their finances don't come close to a P5 conference but as I said above, it is light years ahead of all other G5 leagues
agreed, And their importance to push the P5 schools is huge. ESPN/media still has a long-term goal of having a limited number of teams. When the Big 12 tried to bring in two new teams ESPN bulked. They want four conferences and no additional teams in the P5.Go AAC.

Reactions: Herdmeister
agreed, And their importance to push the P5 schools is huge. ESPN/media still has a long-term goal of having a limited number of teams. When the Big 12 tried to bring in two new teams ESPN bulked. They want four conferences and no additional teams in the P5.Go AAC.

Part of the reason ESPN balked is because IIRC the network’s contract with the Big 12 called for a escalation of the payout to the conference of several Million dollars per year for each team added.

Part of the reason ESPN balked is because IIRC the network’s contract with the Big 12 called for a escalation of the payout to the conference of several Million dollars per year for each team added.
correct and you would think if you added a large market like Orlando with additional TV sets it would justify paying more money

ADVERTISEMENT