ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Bend of Florida is gonna be toast

Going to be bad a lot of places. This storm is massive in terms of size and power. Largest storm warning I recall. Three entire states under a tropical storm warning and/or hurricane warning. Then about 20 conties in NC uder the same(could be more as well). Parts of western NC which is very mountainous has already had a ton of rain and will get a ton more. Possible hurricane force near Atlanta. This is going screw a lot of stuff up. It is huge in size. Some of the ones that are bad in terms of wind can be smaller(for a hurricane). This thing is huge. The amount of damag is going to be bring a lot of destruction.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Parts of western NC which is very mountainous has already had a ton of rain and will get a ton more.
Me and some weather nerds were discussing this. We concluded that SMNP and the national forests need to close the roads and public areas, because tourists are generally stupid. There will be mudslides/landslides, people will get stuck, and then they will get swept away.

On the bright side, that area was increasing in fire risk, and that issue will now be solved.

My dad used to live directly on the water about 45 minutes north of Tampa. His house was connected to the Gulf by a manmade canal. He moved a few years ago and now is 15 miles inland more north, probably about halfway between Orlando and Tallahassee.

Mountain areas can't handle that kind of rain. My place at the beach has taken 14 or 15 inches of rain and not caused any problems. Surge and water back up from the tides is a different story.

Some of the rain amounts I am hearing in the western part of NC are very bad. You all are from WV, you now a few inches of rain can screw stuff up(it all goes down hill and fast). I am hearing some parts of western NC already have 13 or 14 inches and it hasn't stopped. The ground was already saturated and creeks/rivers were already high.

Tornadic activity is up in eastern SC and eastern NC as well.

If this would have hit directly in Tampa or other populated area it would have been way worse in FL. But, it is already bad. Bad storm surge.

I live on Lake Norman. It finally stopped raining a few minutes ago. Rained for around 36 hours straight. Winds this morning were gusting around 45-50 mph. Had to take my flag down. Yes, even non-Republicans fly the flag.

Mountain areas can't handle that kind of rain. My place at the beach has taken 14 or 15 inches of rain and not caused any problems. Surge and water back up from the tides is a different story.

Some of the rain amounts I am hearing in the western part of NC are very bad. You all are from WV, you now a few inches of rain can screw stuff up(it all goes down hill and fast). I am hearing some parts of western NC already have 13 or 14 inches and it hasn't stopped. The ground was already saturated and creeks/rivers were already high.

Tornadic activity is up in eastern SC and eastern NC as well.

If this would have hit directly in Tampa or other populated area it would have been way worse in FL. But, it is already bad. Bad storm surge.
Boone NC pics looked wild.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT