ADVERTISEMENT

The Davy Jr. story

Walden Pond

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 8, 2007
What a thief he was. Stole everything. Cigarettes out of stores, food, watches, baseball bats and even a Gravely tractor. Stole it. Said why work when you can just take what you need?

Always ate like a horse. 300 pounds down there in Alabama fishing for crappie off a boat he swindled his daddy out of buying. Last I heard, he had skin cancer pretty bad. They said he had to tape one of his ears to his head, but I have my doubts about that.

I remember when we followed him up to the Charleston Civic Center once to see that waste of time huntin' and fishin' show they had. He blew up that Yugo driving it 80 all the way up there and back. The old man was nervous as hell trying to keep up since he didn't have directions. He always hated driving the interstate and Charleston was too big, too many roads, too much, couldn't handle it.

Davy Jr. Wow, the boats and trucks he's conned people out of. Blew up, stole, tore up, etc. Got a voodoo woman wife down there who used to work in hospitals. Their daughter's goth and always bumming cigarette money.

Said he was so bad off he could barely make it down to the lake to fish. 57 years old and about to kick the bucket now, but what a way to go. Wonder if he stole a coffin yet to get buried in.

Davy Jr. probably had it right. Probably never worried about much. Lived life to the fullest and really didn't care. Maybe not a bad idea at all.

My old man grew up near a guy and the guy traded his wife for a beagle. They said it was a hell of a dog and he wanted rid of the woman(probably wasn't a good cook or stopped putting out). They worked out a trade and he got rid of his woman and got a dog.

I bet guys like him a Davy Jr there were of the same mold. Swindle people but probably didn't worry about a lot and had what made them happy. Some guns and some fishing rods. Throw in a good dog and he led a good life.

ride4_04.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT