ADVERTISEMENT

The guys selling meat out of their truck take EBT cards now.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
You know those guys who have the pickup truck with the freezer in the back and sell steaks door to door? They take EBT cards now. I saw one drive by and he had stickers on the side of the freezer, "Now Taking EBT Cards!"

Dang, that is what we have become. Give me two Poterhouse, some T-Bone, and throw in a Filet for good measure"

Thanks, Uncle Sugar Tits.

I used to think they were OK with it, but sometimes I wonder. The takers. They seem unhappy. I always wondered why. Somewhere in their minds when they're sober, I think guilt creeps in. They know this is ill gotten gain. Acting like it doesn't bother them is just an act. It's a shame they don't think they can go out and earn it on their own.

They feel too helpless. TV spreads fear throughout the country. They scare everybody to death. I'm still too scared to even spend money, mainly because I remember those guys at the plant on WSAZ when it closed. Grown men crying over their job leaving.

I'd like to think if my job is gone that I could just move somewhere else and get another one, but these big, gruff looking men who worked in plants were sobbing on the news. They could work circles around me.

Meat out of the back of a truck lol... ive tried twice.. nothign but garbage... they bait switch usually if you werent aware. The first time they give you quality Grade A top choice to get you in and then the next time they give you garbage.

Well, at least the people getting this stuff have to fill out papers and stand in line. My mom complains about having to go down there and renew her food stamps every so often. Says it takes hours of being stuck at the welfare office. So they get a small taste of what a job is like, at least for a day.

And they run out by the end of the month. Well before. Wouldn't matter if you gave them 500 bucks worth. It's like giving a dog two weeks worth of food all at once. It would eat it all in one day and starve the rest of the time. Absolutely no ability to think and manage the resources.

Originally posted by Walden Pond:
Well, at least the people getting this stuff have to fill out papers and stand in line. My mom complains about having to go down there and renew her food stamps every so often. Says it takes hours of being stuck at the welfare office.
All the bums clog it up for the people that really do need help. I hate going to the state office and the Social Security office.

Us GOP dinosaurs though might as well forget this one. Even when Republicans "run the show," these benefits keep expanding.

These people are selling themselves way short. If you can deal with being dependent, standing in line all day, filling out paperwork, acting helpless and feeding big lines of bull to some case worker to keep getting your card, you're perfect for today's workplace. You could go all the way to the top, but instead these people fall for the free crumbs and living around the all night sirens.

Walden - you make money maybe good money and your mom is on food stamps? Do folks not take care of their family any longer?

She's better equipped to hold down a job than I am. Clearly doesn't need my help. If she was really disabled and by herself, I'd help her. That's not the situation though. She's healthy as a horse and with a man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT