ADVERTISEMENT

The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It | Opinion

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
This dude is from Yale. But, this doesn't fit the narrative of the CDC and the hacks in charge.

HARVEY A. RISCH, MD, PHD , PROFESSOR OF EPIDEMIOLOGY, YALE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeat...SVavN5tvxyMd1644pN1wcVxKbDR3UcBTW3v3CIeL8Lh2Q

A reverse natural experiment happened in Switzerland. On May 27, the Swiss national government banned outpatient use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19. Around June 10, COVID-19 deaths increased four-fold and remained elevated. On June 11, the Swiss government revoked the ban, and on June 23 the death rate reverted to what it had been beforehand. People who die from COVID-19 live about three to five weeks from the start of symptoms, which makes the evidence of a causal relation in these experiments strong. Both episodes suggest that a combination of hydroxychloroquine and its companion medications reduces mortality and should be immediately adopted as the new standard of care in high-risk patients.

Why has hydroxychloroquine been disregarded?

First, as all know, the medication has become highly politicized. For many, it is viewed as a marker of political identity, on both sides of the political spectrum. Nobody needs me to remind them that this is not how medicine should proceed. We must judge this medication strictly on the science. When doctors graduate from medical school, they formally promise to make the health and life of the patient their first consideration, without biases of race, religion, nationality, social standing—or political affiliation. Lives must come first.

Second, the drug has not been used properly in many studies. Hydroxychloroquine has shown major success when used early in high-risk people but, as one would expect for an antiviral, much less success when used late in the disease course. Even so, it has demonstrated significant benefit in large hospital studies in Michigan and New York City when started within the first 24 to 48 hours after admission.

In fact, as inexpensive, oral and widely available medications, an

"Third, concerns have been raised by the FDA and others about risks of cardiac arrhythmia,...."

Pretty sure the FDA is part of the Executive Branch....Trump's fault.
He has to listen to them

You are dying of covid, but wait we need to wait because of a cardiac arrhythmia study by the FDA that might take a year . **** that! Hey doc let's start popping some malaria pills over here.

I like how physicians that support herdman and Trump’s view are legit, but someone like Fauci is a fraud.
Fauci is not a fraud. He is also not a practicing ER Dr and every day doctor on the front lines either. He is a big government academic and big government bureaucracy guy. He is like the business professor at a college. Looks good on paper and that is why they are teaching. He works at the 30,000 ft level and has a vested interest in big govt and his organization, the CDC.

He has to listen to them

Haha, since when does Trump listen to anyone.

He is like the business professor at a college. Looks good on paper and that is why they are teaching.

You are looking dumber by the minute. Fauci is literally one of the top research scientists in the field in the entire world.

Remember, half of the doctors you see finished in the bottom half of their class. Some even believe in demon jizz.

Reactions: GK4Herd and WV-FAN
I like how physicians that support herdman and Trump’s view are legit, but someone like Fauci is a fraud.

Like i said before, he lost all credibility when he refused to condemn "protests" as inappropriate social gatherings. Like him or not, that was a political decision based on feelings, as opposed to science or facts. He's a career bureaucrat, nothing more.

Like i said before, he lost all credibility when he refused to condemn "protests" as inappropriate social gatherings. Like him or not, that was a political decision based on feelings, as opposed to science or facts. He's a career bureaucrat, nothing more.
exactly

he refused to condemn "protests" as inappropriate social gatherings.

source??

As tens of thousands of people across the United States protest against racism and police brutality, the nation's leading infectious disease expert expressed concern from a health perspective on how the demonstrations may hinder the fight against the novel coronavirus.

Although many protesters have been wearing masks and distributing hand sanitizer, it's virtually impossible to maintain any social distancing at a mass protest. That issue of physical separation "is important," according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a key member of the White House coronavirus task force.

"Masks can help, but it's masks plus physical separation," Fauci said in an interview on "Good Morning America" Wednesday.

"When you get congregations like we saw with the demonstrations," he continued, "that's taking a risk."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-fauci-...s-spreading-amid-nationwide/story?id=71171103

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Haha, since when does Trump listen to anyone.

You are looking dumber by the minute. Fauci is literally one of the top research scientists in the field in the entire world.

Remember, half of the doctors you see finished in the bottom half of their class. Some even believe in demon jizz.
a like for the demon jizz use. the term demon jizz will turn out to be one of the quickest to the hall of fame terms ever on this website, surpassing the likes of "yore", "faggit", "michigan jackass", "tWV-FAN", et.al.

As tens of thousands of people across the United States protest against racism and police brutality, the nation's leading infectious disease expert expressed concern from a health perspective on how the demonstrations may hinder the fight against the novel coronavirus.

Although many protesters have been wearing masks and distributing hand sanitizer, it's virtually impossible to maintain any social distancing at a mass protest. That issue of physical separation "is important," according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a key member of the White House coronavirus task force.

"Masks can help, but it's masks plus physical separation," Fauci said in an interview on "Good Morning America" Wednesday.

"When you get congregations like we saw with the demonstrations," he continued, "that's taking a risk."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-fauci-...s-spreading-amid-nationwide/story?id=71171103

ThunderCat and these others know this. They just lie. It's also a common dog whistle on social media.

As I have explained before, any government "official" or employee has to walk a very fine Constitutional line on something expressly protected. Even the secretary down at the local USDA office can't tell me to not exercise free political speech. What Fauci said is exactly what can be said without engaging in prior restraint. The government cannot say "you can't engage in peaceful protest due to the virus". I swear, half of "conservatives" crave authoritarianism...as long as it is against the libruls and minorities.

a like for the demon jizz use. the term demon jizz will turn out to be one of the quickest to the hall of fame terms ever on this website, surpassing the likes of "yore", "faggit", "michigan jackass", "tWV-FAN", et.al.

I honestly think 75% of the country has gone plain stupid. But it is entertaining...I just hope we live through it.

Reactions: GK4Herd and WV-FAN

Whew. That's some strong commendation right there. If i were inclined to protest, I'd take my ass right back in the house after reading that.

ThunderCat and these others know this. They just lie. It's also a common dog whistle on social media.

As I have explained before, any government "official" or employee has to walk a very fine Constitutional line on something expressly protected. Even the secretary down at the local USDA office can't tell me to not exercise free political speech. What Fauci said is exactly what can be said without engaging in prior restraint. The government cannot say "you can't engage in peaceful protest due to the virus". I swear, half of "conservatives" crave authoritarianism...as long as it is against the libruls and minorities.
But, you can't go to church? That is a freedom as well?

Is damaging property a right? ahhahaahhaha

double standard

Whew. That's some strong commendation right there. If i were inclined to protest, I'd take my ass right back in the house after reading that.
Fauci is a big government hack. He knows if he gets Trump out the Dems will kiss his ass. Follow the $$$$$$

Reactions: 19MU88
But, you can't go to church?

"Going to church" is not the same as freedom of religion.

Let me break this down for you.

First, we have to separate state powers from federal powers. Dr. Fauci, who is living rent-free in your head, is with the FEDERAL government. The federal government has limited powers under our Constitution. State governments have broad powers (10th Amendment).

The whole building capacity during COVID rules thing has been states acting.

Second, states absolutely have the power to make general laws that affect churches. Fire codes, building codes, the fire marshal sets capacity limits, etc.

Third, and this is an issue long settled in our courts (and if you were the Constitutionalist you claim to be you would already know this), there is a three part test to see if a law restricts religion. 1: Is it a law of "general applicability"? 2. Does it concern a legitimate government interest? 3. Is the law narrow and just for that interest? So yes, if all indoor gatherings are limited in a time of emergency, and we know the state has broad powers and a legit interest in times of emergencies, well you are wrong. Now, if the state said ONLY churches have this rule, that's not Constitutional. Or if the state says 100% in restaurants but 10% in churches, that is also un-Constitutional.

And you not just a little wrong, you are 100% absolutely wrong. You are so wrong that you are in disagreement with William fvcking Barr himself:

To contain the virus and protect the most vulnerable among us, Americans have been asked, for a limited period of time, to practice rigorous social distancing. The President has also asked Americans to listen to and follow directions issued by state and local authorities regarding social distancing. Social distancing, while difficult and unfamiliar for a nation that has long prided itself on the strength of its voluntary associations, has the potential to save hundreds of thousands of American lives from an imminent threat. Scrupulously observing these guidelines is the best path to swiftly ending COVID-19’s profound disruptions to our national life and resuming the normal economic life of our country. Citizens who seek to do otherwise are not merely assuming risk with respect to themselves, but are exposing others to danger. In exigent circumstances, when the community as a whole faces an impending harm of this magnitude, and where the measures are tailored to meeting the imminent danger, the constitution does allow some temporary restriction on our liberties that would not be tolerated in normal circumstances.

But even in times of emergency, when reasonable and temporary restrictions are placed on rights, the First Amendment and federal statutory law prohibit discrimination against religious institutions and religious believers. Thus, government may not impose special restrictions on religious activity that do not also apply to similar nonreligious activity. For example, if a government allows movie theaters, restaurants, concert halls, and other comparable places of assembly to remain open and unrestricted, it may not order houses of worship to close, limit their congregation size, or otherwise impede religious gatherings. Religious institutions must not be singled out for special burdens.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/atto...nt-religious-practice-and-social-distancing-0

Is damaging property a right?

Are you going to ask any more dumb questions, or just stop with that one?

"Going to church" is not the same as freedom of religion.

Let me break this down for you.

First, we have to separate state powers from federal powers. Dr. Fauci, who is living rent-free in your head, is with the FEDERAL government. The federal government has limited powers under our Constitution. State governments have broad powers (10th Amendment).

The whole building capacity during COVID rules thing has been states acting.

Second, states absolutely have the power to make general laws that affect churches. Fire codes, building codes, the fire marshal sets capacity limits, etc.

Third, and this is an issue long settled in our courts (and if you were the Constitutionalist you claim to be you would already know this), there is a three part test to see if a law restricts religion. 1: Is it a law of "general applicability"? 2. Does it concern a legitimate government interest? 3. Is the law narrow and just for that interest? So yes, if all indoor gatherings are limited in a time of emergency, and we know the state has broad powers and a legit interest in times of emergencies, well you are wrong. Now, if the state said ONLY churches have this rule, that's not Constitutional. Or if the state says 100% in restaurants but 10% in churches, that is also un-Constitutional.

And you not just a little wrong, you are 100% absolutely wrong. You are so wrong that you are in disagreement with William fvcking Barr himself:

To contain the virus and protect the most vulnerable among us, Americans have been asked, for a limited period of time, to practice rigorous social distancing. The President has also asked Americans to listen to and follow directions issued by state and local authorities regarding social distancing. Social distancing, while difficult and unfamiliar for a nation that has long prided itself on the strength of its voluntary associations, has the potential to save hundreds of thousands of American lives from an imminent threat. Scrupulously observing these guidelines is the best path to swiftly ending COVID-19’s profound disruptions to our national life and resuming the normal economic life of our country. Citizens who seek to do otherwise are not merely assuming risk with respect to themselves, but are exposing others to danger. In exigent circumstances, when the community as a whole faces an impending harm of this magnitude, and where the measures are tailored to meeting the imminent danger, the constitution does allow some temporary restriction on our liberties that would not be tolerated in normal circumstances.

But even in times of emergency, when reasonable and temporary restrictions are placed on rights, the First Amendment and federal statutory law prohibit discrimination against religious institutions and religious believers. Thus, government may not impose special restrictions on religious activity that do not also apply to similar nonreligious activity. For example, if a government allows movie theaters, restaurants, concert halls, and other comparable places of assembly to remain open and unrestricted, it may not order houses of worship to close, limit their congregation size, or otherwise impede religious gatherings. Religious institutions must not be singled out for special burdens.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/atto...nt-religious-practice-and-social-distancing-0

Are you going to ask any more dumb questions, or just stop with that one?

Some of you guys would get o box car and ride to the camp that cures you.

I trusted then at first and then started seeing thought the bull shit.

I am sitting at the bar right now and the guy serving us is wearing the same eye shield that rifles Puerto Rican rapper buddy wears.

I feel more comfortable knowing that.

We have been played and you guys fell for it.

I talk to my military buddies and they laugh about this shit. They are like dude if it was so bad would we be sitting here doing what we are doing throwing a masks on real quick when some brass comes around? If it was so bad we would be on major lock down or they would get us out of here.

What a joke. You van go riot but dont dont go sing amazing grace at church.

Eat a dick Fauci

I am sitting at the bar right now
615D%2Bu4-VsL._SX425_.jpg

I trusted then at first and then started seeing thought the bull shit.

I am sitting at the bar right now and the guy serving us is wearing the same eye shield that rifles Puerto Rican rapper buddy wears.

I feel more comfortable knowing that.

We have been played and you guys fell for it.

I talk to my military buddies and they laugh about this shit. They are like dude if it was so bad would we be sitting here doing what we are doing throwing a masks on real quick when some brass comes around? If it was so bad we would be on major lock down or they would get us out of here.

What a joke. You van go riot but dont dont go sing amazing grace at church.

Eat a dick Fauci

News flash. You're an idiot.

As you are replying to my explanation of how the courts view the particular issue separation of church and state, are you saying we have been a fascist nation since at least 1971 (Lemon V Kurtzman)? And are you also claiming William Barr is a fascist?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT