riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Pruett stopped in to spend some time with the new defensive staff:

lwcjqai.jpg

Doc never quit on us
Doc didnt get us put on probation
Doc didnt spend the last 15 years tearing down the program and pitting former player against the program

But hey, what do i know i guess, right.
Mops for props was started under Donnan. BP didn't get us on probation, the idiots in Old Main and the AD did for not cooperatiing and trying to sweep it under the rug. Ridpath made that perfectly clear. Hell, that dude didn't do his job.

Doc never quit on us
Doc didnt spend the last 15 years tearing down the program and pitting former player against the program

Right, you know nothing. Again, you whine and bitch about John blasting but take every cheap shot you can at Bobby. Hypocrite to the highest degree.

Mops for props was started under Donnan. BP didn't get us on probation, the idiots in Old Main and the AD did for not cooperatiing and trying to sweep it under the rug. Ridpath made that perfectly clear. Hell, that dude didn't do his job.
That wasn't the only thing they nailed us for. It was players being given test keys, recruiting violations, and steroid use.

Look i was as anti pruett taking over as Perkins because he quit. I don’t care what the circumstances were he quit. Now that doesn’t mean he couldn’t have an active roll in the football program. Doc sucked ass and was mediocre at best just like tan man. People like Perkins don’t expect much from their program as long as he can still get a booster seat

Reactions: mlblack16.
Doc never quit on us

Your conduct is unbecoming of a Moderator. Bob Pruett is a legend and one of the best coaches ever. He is on the Mount Rushmore of Herd Sports with the likes of Moss, Pennington, and Cam Henderson. He is Marshall Football.

Last edited:
That wasn't the only thing they nailed us for. It was players being given test keys, recruiting violations, and steroid use.
Correct, but the point is, if the school would have been forthcoming the severity of the penalty would have been less harsh. They tried to cover it up and made it a shell game, which pissed off the NCAA. Just plain stupid.

Those last two things aren’t in the NCAA report. Not sure where that comes from.
When I was on campus that is what was talked about. I can't speak to the recruiting violations that did or did not take place, but I know for a fact there was steroid use and drug tests were being "taken care of." I was told that by several players.

I know for a fact that tests were being taken for players or at least giving them advantages to pass tests that regular students didn't get. I know that papers were being written for players.

Like I said about the recruiting violations I was never told in detail what allegedly took place.

However neither here nor there. The point is Bob wasn't running a clean program and we got hammered for it. Whether he was handed those issues from a previous staff doesn't matter he continued them. What was or was not in that report doesn't really change it. Pruett is not this perfect godlike figure so many make him out to be.

Reactions: Herdsavedme
When I was on campus that is what was talked about. I can't speak to the recruiting violations that did or did not take place, but I know for a fact there was steroid use and drug tests were being "taken care of." I was told that by several players.

I know for a fact that tests were being taken for players or at least giving them advantages to pass tests that regular students didn't get. I know that papers were being written for players.

Like I said about the recruiting violations I was never told in detail what allegedly took place.

However neither here nor there. The point is Bob wasn't running a clean program and we got hammered for it. Whether he was handed those issues from a previous staff doesn't matter he continued them. What was or was not in that report doesn't really change it. Pruett is not this perfect godlike figure so many make him out to be.
Wow imagine that going on with college sports. Wonder how many other teams were doing it? Let me count. Ok. All of them

Reactions: Elkview

Shit. These things were all being done prior to Bob's arrival.

The holier than thou aspect of our fan base is hysterical. Bob Pruett is the greatest coach in the history of our program. You think there is a clean program in the country your beyond delusional.

What I do know is when Pruett was here we were a G5 power, won conference championships had heisman finalists, won bowl games put several players in the NFL. One of which is in the NFL hall of fame. The fact that we have “fans” and I use that term loosely that take every chance they can to disparage the man is beyond sad and pathetic.

Pruett is no saint and nobody asked him to be, but he had Marshall at a level that was unheard of for us in football.

Another thing I enjoy Is when one of our former star players post here with facts that we have posters who respond with well I heard from my friends on the football team. Come on bleeds just stop it.

Lastly as an FYI Pruett was a big fan and supporter of Coach Huff getting the HC job so all you haters better get used to seeing him back around a lot more. I for one couldn’t be happier.

Shit. These things were all being done prior to Bob's arrival.

Shit! These kinds of things were going on when Bob PLAYED in the early 60s. Remember the scene from Animal House where D-Day and another Delta (Belushi) were Garbage Can "diving" to get a "master" copy of an exam? Heck around Pruett's playing days it was common knowledge that a lot of the Frats, if not others, had keys to many offices, etc., in Old Main where some of these tests were run off, duplicated, etc. Had some friends who were in some Frats and they had all kinds of files on tests, exams, etc., and which Profs were noted to give the same, or almost identical, tests semester after semester, year after year!

The holier than thou aspect of our fan base is hysterical. Bob Pruett is the greatest coach in the history of our program. You think there is a clean program in the country your beyond delusional.

What I do know is when Pruett was here we were a G5 power, won conference championships had heisman finalists, won bowl games put several players in the NFL. One of which is in the NFL hall of fame. The fact that we have “fans” and I use that term loosely that take every chance they can to disparage the man is beyond sad and pathetic.

Pruett is no saint and nobody asked him to be, but he had Marshall at a level that was unheard of for us in football.

Another thing I enjoy Is when one of our former star players post here with facts that we have posters who respond with well I heard from my friends on the football team. Come on bleeds just stop it.

Lastly as an FYI Pruett was a big fan and supporter of Coach Huff getting the HC job so all you haters better get used to seeing him back around a lot more. I for one couldn’t be happier.

Hey. If you are happy to have someone back that had slammed and demeaned your program the last 15 years then so be it. Good for you! Enjoy

The old “everybody does it” to justify bad behavior is the siren song of the defenseless. Historically every period of fast rise excellence on the field or court has been followed by controversy and embarrassing sanctions for the athletic dept.

The old “everybody does it” to justify bad behavior is the siren song of the defenseless. Historically every period of fast rise excellence on the field or court has been followed by controversy and embarrassing sanctions for the athletic dept.
Who was the college coach that joked - "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin." Was it Spurrier? I can't recall.

Who was the college coach that joked - "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin." Was it Spurrier? I can't recall.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, who has admitted that his Super Bowl-winning 49ers teams were known to skirt the rules, said this week that cheating is part of the game.

However, If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. The credit for that old saying generally goes to NASCAR legend Richard Petty, though it just as easily could have come from Tom Brady, Gaylord Perry or pretty much any of the millions who have thrown, pitched or hit a ball since people started playing sports

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, who has admitted that his Super Bowl-winning 49ers teams were known to skirt the rules, said this week that cheating is part of the game.

However, If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. The credit for that old saying generally goes to NASCAR legend Richard Petty, though it just as easily could have come from Tom Brady, Gaylord Perry or pretty much any of the millions who have thrown, pitched or hit a ball since people started playing sports
Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT