ADVERTISEMENT

The Mets

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
So the Mets are tied with two teams (Braves and Diamondbacks) for the last two wild card spots. The Mets play a double-header against the Braves tomorrow in Atlanta. Both the Mets and Braves need to win at least one game each to get into the playoffs.

1) If the Mets win one of their games tomorrow, they will play in Milwaukee on Tuesday.
2) If the Mets win both of their games tomorrow, they will play in San Diego on Tuesday.
3) If the Mets lose both games tomorrow, they are out of the playoffs.

I have a flight scheduled tomorrow morning to go to Milwaukee. I really don't want to fly to Milwaukee for no reason at all, have to spend the night, and then fly back Tuesday. If the Mets win both games tomorrow, it would be a waste of time, money, and I would most likely miss Tuesday's Mets game in San Diego if they lose both games. If the Mets win no games tomorrow, it would be a waste of time and money flying to Milwaukee and having salt poured into the wound of the Mets not making the playoffs.

Do I keep my flight tomorrow morning and hope they win exactly one out of the two games? Keep in mind, whichever team wins the first game tomorrow (between the Mets and Braves) probably won't play any of their starters or throw a starter in the second game, meaning there is a greater likelihood that both teams will win one game instead of a team winning both.

I am guessing they both win one game. Where are they at in their rotation?

Since you are rich, change your flight to Tueaday morning and see what happens with the braves. Worse is you eat a plane ticket

I will be in NYC on 10/9 - 10/12 with the family.

Would love to go to playoff game. Not sure if that timing will work out .

I am guessing they both win one game. Where are they at in their rotation?

Since you are rich, change your flight to Tueaday morning and see what happens with the braves. Worse is you eat a plane ticket
I have a flight for both tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning already. Making it worse is that MLB hasn’t set times for each of the games regardless of who plays in the four games on Tuesday, so I don’t know what flight I would need to get on to make the first game on time.

You’re missing the issue: I don’t want to get on a plane and fly to two cities (connection and then Milwaukee) if they aren’t going to play there. If the Mets play Tuesday in Milwaukee, depending on the time of the game, I’d have to fly there tomorrow morning before the games in Atlanta even start tomorrow, which means I’ll be risking either the Mets or Braves winning both games and not having a Mets series in Milwaukee . . . while I’m sitting in Milwaukee.

They'll definitely split the two games tomorrow. The winner of the 1st game is in, and they won't give a shit about the 2nd game. Will hold players out and pitch a few bums.

They'll definitely split the two games tomorrow. The winner of the 1st game is in, and they won't give a shit about the 2nd game. Will hold players out and pitch a few bums.
At first glance, that’s true. But one team may rather play the Padres over the Brewers or vice versa based on how they matchup and want to win both.

Both the Padres and Brewers will have their top three starters fully rested. As if that’s already not a big advantage, as well as playing all three games at home, the Mets won’t land until around midnight in either city and have to play 13-18 hours later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT