ADVERTISEMENT

The momentous announcement

Reminded me of the episode of The Office where Michael promises the entire staff a "Huge surprise" and then finds out hes spent the annual discretionary budget... So he buys them all ice cream sandwiches.

They need to be a permanent fixture. Have two green rounds go off for TDs and tell me a big grand finale wouldn't have been epic after the ball went through the uprights on that 53 yarder.
Yeah, wouldn’t it be something if someone actually thought that livening up the crowd/gameday atmosphere was important? The place is so dead.

-Bring back the air raid siren for passing TDs.
-Start the “We Are...Marshall” chant at least once a game. It would kinda be cool to actually do what we’re known for.
-Do that wave thing at the same time each game (between 3rd & 4th quarter?). I personally don’t do it, but it wakes the people up.
-Do some fireworks for each TD and after each game.

4 things. Not difficult. The football team/coaching staff may be taking too much of the “stale product” heat. It’s not just the on field product. It’s the way it’s packaged and delivered. Our gameday atmosphere sucks. It takes an incredible ending to a game to get me off my ass.

Shocked. Our athletic department is so good and creating unique and amazing fan experiences. I would have thought it was an actual big announcement.

Two things.

1. Our athletic department did not say there was going to be a big announcement. The school did.

And

2. On what planet is getting 105 MILLION dollars not a huge deal.

Two things.

1. Our athletic department did not say there was going to be a big announcement. The school did.

And

2. On what planet is getting 105 MILLION dollars not a huge deal.

Two things:

1. ok ok... school did. Still, the announcement was we need money. That’s what People heard. Not the 105 million raised. So when you come out and say we have a huge announcement, and then there is an ask involved... it seems like you are begging. Make the announcement and leave it at that. Hold a separate event for the ask. When you “hype” people up to then just ask them for money it comes across as cheap.

2. when is the last time you were unexpectedly delighted at a Marshall sporting event? Specifically by something that took place, which was planned by the athletic department or someone with ties to the athletic department.

Two things:

1. ok ok... school did. Still, the announcement was we need money. That’s what People heard. Not the 105 million raised. So when you come out and say we have a huge announcement, and then there is an ask involved... it seems like you are begging. Make the announcement and leave it at that. Hold a separate event for the ask. When you “hype” people up to then just ask them for money it comes across as cheap.

2. when is the last time you were unexpectedly delighted at a Marshall sporting event? Specifically by something that took place, which was planned by the athletic department or someone with ties to the athletic department.
Speaking to number 2, the first game they got rid of thunder dogs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT