ADVERTISEMENT

The Much Awaited “New” Turf

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
OK any of our Herd Nation ADs on here know - now that the spring game has been played in the IPF, when the unsafe turf in the Joan is coming up and the new safe turf will be installed?

I realize that sometimes sarcasm is difficult to detect in forums such as these but come on....
200.gif

Just kidding.
Really? I've heard rumors that those omnipresent ambulance chaser folks at Farmer, Cline & Campbell are already busy preparing multiple lawsuits against: (a) the turf manufacturer, (b) the contractor who installed the current turf, (c) Marshall University, (d) Cabell County, (e) City of Huntington, (f) State of WV, (g) WV Higher ED Policy Commission, (h) Architect(s) who designed the JOAN, (i) Contractor(s) who built the JOAN, (j) as appropriate, Sam's, Hillbilly and Stewart's hotdogs, either separately or collectively, (k) and, for good measure, Gov. Jim Justice and the Justice family, along with the Greenbrier, and Justice family businesses in mining, agriculture, and other various and sundry unnamed miscellaneous businesses in West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas, and States to be named later!!! STAY TUNED, HERD FANS!!!

I was driving thru Charleston the other morning and noticed the turf at UC's stadium is being replaced.

That injury wasn't caused by the turf. In fact that was years ago before the current turf was installed. The injury was caused by some numb nut that left a wagon on the field behind the end zone.
It was caused by the Houston QB throwing the ball so far the guy had no hopes to catch it. The WR didn’t have any idea where he was on the field. Yeah, the cart shouldn’t have been there but if the ball were catchable the whole incident doesn’t happen

Reactions: raleighherdfan
It was caused by the Houston QB throwing the ball so far the guy had no hopes to catch it. The WR didn’t have any idea where he was on the field. Yeah, the cart shouldn’t have been there but if the ball were catchable the whole incident doesn’t happen
That QB was Case Keenum I do believe.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
If I'm not mistaken they were ranked. We beat them like a rented mule that night. It was also the debut of the green helmets.

I actually visited Patrick Edwards in the hospital and wished him a speedy recovery. He was a very polite kid, of course, that might have been the pain meds (just kidding). It was a real bonehead move on our part to leave the carts there.

OK Spring game is over. When does the old turf come up and the replacement turf installed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT