ADVERTISEMENT

The Next Realignment Begins

The three most common collegiate stickers I see on vehicles in the Charlotte area is: UNC, South Carolina, and WVU.
Wait! No Charlotte 49er stickers? I thought they were the great up and coming school with loads of potential?

i don't doubt there are a lot of wvu stickers in Charlotte but I've been there numerous times and frequently and I call BS.....nc state, appy and ecu say you are lying or just not smart enough to realize you happen to notice the flying wv a tad more than other stickers.

I live here. You'll see the odd Appy or Wolf, but the number of West Virginian's I run into down here is pretty wild, especially on the SC and Gastonia side.

I live here. You'll see the odd Appy or Wolf, but the number of West Virginian's I run into down here is pretty wild, especially on the SC and Gastonia side.
i don't disagree that there are a lot of them. i disagree they are #3 of schools you mentioned. in any case, well represented.

then again, maybe you just live in a bad neighborhood so you see a disproportionate number of wv stickers.

what incentive does the P4 have to cut ND a slice of the pie if they refuse to join a conference now?

Oh, and if you think ESPN likes wvu...their lovely editing of wvu during "Requiem for the Big East" was so offensive to them, their school president demanded ESPn apologize and produce a special on how amazing wvu is.

I imagine an ESPN intern was allowed to wipe his ass with it.

They don't like wvu either.

Fortunately, it is not necessary to count stickers on cars or to blindly speculate about USPAM popularity in this or that distant market.

Ratings are taken, compiled and studied. These are available. And they teach us that, nationally, and in the usual market suspects like Charlotte, the RDU Triangle, and the Triad, USPAM had NO measurable effect on the ratings of a particular game.

“Usens is popular with all them there hill jacks what moved done there to them Carolines” is regularly spewed by Metronews, but there is no truth to it.

The truth, of course, is that WV remains a microscopically small media market, which is why they are AAC bound.

There has been talk the Pac-12 gets plucked by the Big 10 and teams like Oregon and USC depart. The Big 10 and Pac 12 have a close relationship and a long history together. Again, speculation.

But say USC, Oregon, Washington, and UCLA departed the Pac-12, how big of a revenue

For where? Big-10 not happening. Pac-10 is big on geographically centered. They don't want to have to fly around the nation watching their team play. Football out here is not like it is in the east. For the most part, not a lot of people give a crap outside of the Alumni and Students (probably 1/2 of them don't care).

You have to be kidding. Ohio State practically threw him out the door. His continual bigoted remarks were an embarrassment for the school.
I have plenty of contacts at OSU, particularly in their athletic departments. Most Ohio State people loved Gee and still do, they are not a fan of their current leadership in comparison.

Just let it play out and see what happens. I am told WVU has good options and isn't overly worried about where we end up, it will be a power conference. I can tell you, I am not worried. It is actually exciting to think about.

I have plenty of contacts at OSU, particularly in their athletic departments. Most Ohio State people loved Gee and still do, they are not a fan of their current leadership in comparison.

Just let it play out and see what happens. I am told WVU has good options and isn't overly worried about where we end up, it will be a power conference. I can tell you, I am not worried. It is actually exciting to think about.
I really don’t give a shit what WVU does. You lived off OU and TX in the B12, you can live off Clemson and others in the ACC. Just like a parasite and it’s host. Have a great weekend.

This thread is a reminder of just how delusional and insular one has to be to follow WVU. I am 100% sure this blue and gold character, ACTUALLY BELIEVES the idiocy he is spewing. Just as I am sure he can provide no link to anyone actually saying any of the things he claims to have “heard” nor could he name one employee of Ohio State where Mr. Gee is “remembered”.

You cannot really follow college sports on a national basis, or have an IQ over 75, and buy into the stupidity that you have to buy into to follow WVU.

Anyway, early predictions on this latest great realignement:

Of the Leftover Little 8, WVU and ISU to the AAC, courtesy of ESPN. Kansas and Oklahoma State to the Big 10, rest to the MWC.

Pac 12, ACC and Big 10, stand pat.

SEVERAL teams in CUSA, the MAC, and SBC decide that the price of staying competitive is too great and either drop football or drop down a division. Rejiggered mix among the remaining ones on more geographically logical lines.

You don't know anyone in osu's AD. The Big 10, as does the SEC, cares about money and making money.
wvu doesn't do that.
The ACC is likely to be raided next.
Enjoy your new conference, Mike Aresco has a lot of energy.

Reactions: The Real SamC

I'm sure you will be more than satisfied with your landing spot, but the Big10 is not going to be it. I'm not sure they would offer you an invite if you were an AAU school.

Easily explainable: Either a lot of passing through West Virginians in cars with WV stickers heading into one of the Carolinas, or points farther South, looking for work; Or, recent relocated West Virginians to the Greater Charlotte area who have replaced their WV plates on cars with new State plates, but still retain a flying WV decal!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT