ADVERTISEMENT

The only natural disaster in the Carolinas these days

ECU has made a plethora of mistakes. They ran off a good coach (not the first time) and spent a lot of $$ they really did not have to join a conference made up, otherwise, of schools with limited fanbases in big metro areas, where they really do not fit in at all. Some schools can afford to make mistakes, but ECU, like us, is not in that group.

USA Today's "rerank" has them 129th of 130, while its "Misery Index" has them at the "honorable mention" level.

Virginia Tech, which is #16 and dominated WVU, which domianted ECU, should indeed be very ugly. Followed up by South Florida, which is (an undeserved IMHO, 23rd but still a good team) with a jerk coach who runs up scores when he can and which needs to look big to make it in the G5 slot, it may be hapless Temple before they get a win. If that.

Reactions: 19MU88
If that was Ruffin McNeil on Oklahoma's sideline, who was that guy at McDonald's trying to give my kids a hug?

BPSQiQGWh0dHBzOi8vcy1tZWRpYS1jYWNoZS1hazAucGluaW1nLmNvbS9vcmlnaW5hbHMvOWQvOTAvY2UvOWQ5MGNlNGY5ZTFmNzFiYTY2ODNlMDNkOGMwYTBiZDguanBn

Well, Pirates are already shuffling the deck chairs like on the Titanic. Relieved their D coordinator and put him in some kind of non coaching slot. Team has given up almost 1300 yards in two games. Doubt if this move makes much of a difference this week against VT.

VT won by seven, was outgained by 130 yards and had to hold off WVU from a potential game-tying play at the end to win.

You know, dominated.

that reminds me of the 97 wvu / MU game when the refs allowed the wvu dbs to mug Moss and wvu came from behind in the 4th to win despite being outgained and outfirstdowned by the Herd and MU giving up 4 TOs and a blocked punt.....it's all perspective

What is it 19MU88? I see you complaining in a couple of threads about officials and how poor Marshall gets screwed by them. Why don't you take the class to get registered, don the shirt and whistle and get out there on the field and be the homer for the Herd!

Reactions: PullmanFinger
ECU has made a plethora of mistakes. They ran off a good coach (not the first time) and spent a lot of $$ they really did not have to join a conference made up, otherwise, of schools with limited fanbases in big metro areas, where they really do not fit in at all. Some schools can afford to make mistakes, but ECU, like us, is not in that group.

USA Today's "rerank" has them 129th of 130, while its "Misery Index" has them at the "honorable mention" level.
Who did ECU run off? Holtz? ECU was always just going to be a stepping stone for him, although he didn't do too well when he left for USF. ECU didn't run off Ruffin. He was offered a three extension the year he was let go, but he refused to sign it. He didn't sign the extension because it low-balled his assistants. According to his previous deal, his next contract was to have enough money in it to pay his assistants to be in the top half of the AAC. That wasn't the case. Ruffin refused to sign a contract that screwed his assistants. At the end of the season the AD rescinded the extension. The Pirate Nation was very angry about what happened to Ruffin.

Is ECU. I've never liked them anyhow
That's ok. There are plenty of Marshall fans that do like us, and us them. I interacted with some of them last weekend at the NC State game. I, and many other Pirates, look forward to our next game with The Herd. Whether we are good or bad the season we play really doesn't matter, except for bragging rights. The bond we have with the Herd Nation is unique, and one many of us hold dear. Too bad there are fans such as yourself that don't get it or care to. Your loss.

pyerate one of my best friends is an ECU grad who went to high school with one of our players that died in the crash. I won't mention names on here but if you travel I-77 north or south you see the vineyards/winery his family owns/operates. We maintain contact throughout the year but especially during football. Both of our programs have there ups and downs but at the end of the day friendship matters more.

What is it 19MU88? I see you complaining in a couple of threads about officials and how poor Marshall gets screwed by them. Why don't you take the class to get registered, don the shirt and whistle and get out there on the field and be the homer for the Herd!
You are a fool

ADVERTISEMENT