ADVERTISEMENT

The Post

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Funny thing is this movie tom hanks star's in about the Post is fiction. That is ironic. I quit going to the movies. I wonder if Hank's will see a slide in this movie? Hanks is one of my favorite actors. I wonder if this movie is like All the Presidents Men

Funny thing is this movie tom hanks star's in about the Post is fiction. That is ironic. I quit going to the movies. I wonder if Hank's will see a slide in this movie? Hanks is one of my favorite actors. I wonder if this movie is like All the Presidents Men

This movie isn’t fiction sisters. I’m sure it’s like any typical Hollywood movie that depicts real life events...there’s liberties being taken. Just like We are Marshall, the story centers around a real life event (The Pentagon Papers) with real life characters. The biggest criticism I’ve seen of the movie comes from former and present Times associates who believe they broke the story prior to The Post (I believe they won the Pulitzer too) and that the movie will give The Post all the credit when it should be shared.

The story not only centers around the Pentagon Papers but also depicts a female publisher in the 70s during a time females in the work force weren’t treated with much respect. Given today’s environment and Hollywood’s leanings I understand how the movie centers on the Post over the Times.

Both deserve credit, but the story is as true as most Hollywood depictions of history.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I look forward to seeing this movie.

Saw Darkest Hour last week, it was excellent.

My mom said Im taking her. Here is why I thought that. I thought i heard them say on tv the story was not based on a true story. I ask if it was like all the presidents movie on here. Thanks GK I stand corrected. Now thats my favorite kind of movie, something based on a true story. I thought i saw lyndon johnson being played by someone. He was out of the picture by then i thought. Lets go to Inez and see that greenduke. Lyndon Johnson tops them all when he is what the movie js about. HBO HAD a great movie about lbj. The guy from breaking bad played johnson. Best i ever saw

I totally misunderstood the commercial about the movie.I was half asleep. Now thats a movie to head to pullman for. Who plays Nixon

I just got back from the movie. The only shots they had of Nixon was through the Oval Office (or maybe it was White House) window with his back to the camera and him talking on the phone. I’m pretty sure that the phone conversations in the movie were from the actual phone recordings that helped bring him down. Not sure though. All you could see was his back while he talked so it was just a bit actor and no one of significance.

Reactions: sistersville
The biggest criticism I’ve seen of the movie comes from former and present Times associates who believe they broke the story prior to The Post (I believe they won the Pulitzer too) and that the movie will give The Post all the credit when it should be shared.
I believe they gave the NYT a lot of credit in the movie.

ADVERTISEMENT