ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican Field for POTUS

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Pretty diverse field. A woman(indian), Indian man, 2 black guys, some white dudes, Italian American.

The old race card is getting harder to play. It is not really a race card, it is really about big government and handouts which grows the size of the govt.

So what you're saying is that even minorities are lining up to get whipped by an old white man? I guess slavery taught them nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: SamSwimmer
So what you're saying is that even minorities are lining up to get whipped by an old white man? I guess slavery taught them nothing.

You’re right… Getting whipped by old, white Democrats is certainly history repeating itself for minorities.

Reactions: 19MU88
Agreed. And then the Dixiecrats entered the fray and helped the platforms switch.
False. The Dixiecrats that blocked (or tried to block) the civil rights laws remained democrats. Richard Nixon lost the south In 1968 and Gerald ford lost the south in 76 and GHW bush lost most of the south in 92 as did dole in 1996. Three decades plus after the civil rights movement.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
False. The Dixiecrats that blocked (or tried to block) the civil rights laws remained democrats. Richard Nixon lost the south In 1968 and Gerald ford lost the south in 76 and GHW bush lost most of the south in 92 as did dole in 1996. Three decades plus after the civil rights movement.
Do you want me to post all of the quotes from this article that demolish your claim or will you be able to read it, gracefully bow out, and apologize?

This is one of the articles that I posted to Big Dummy years ago when he tried arguing against this. And as I have said on here in the past, this isn’t even controversial or disputed history. This is widely accepted and known as fact. Only morons with lifelong WV education somehow don’t know this:

Again, moron, this isn't something that historians or political scholars contest. It is fact. The party realignment started decades earlier and was cemented by Truman when he introduced the civil rights platforms for the Dems.

And interestingly, there are some slight cracks showing signs of potential realignment happening now. It isn't necessarily centered around civil rights, but neither was the first realignment originally.

Reactions: 19MU88
Do you want me to post all of the quotes from this article that demolish your claim or will you be able to read it, gracefully bow out, and apologize?

This is one of the articles that I posted to Big Dummy years ago when he tried arguing against this. And as I have said on here in the past, this isn’t even controversial or disputed history. This is widely accepted and known as fact. Only morons with lifelong WV education somehow don’t know this:

Fake news

Again, moron, this isn't something that historians or political scholars contest. It is fact. The party realignment started decades earlier and was cemented by Truman when he introduced the civil rights platforms for the Dems.

And interestingly, there are some slight cracks showing signs of potential realignment happening now. It isn't necessarily centered around civil rights, but neither was the first realignment originally.
You can babble all you want it never will change what democrats did and who they are.

You can babble all you want it never will change what democrats did and who they are.
The south didn’t become solid Republican until 2004-2014. This is when majority of state houses in southern states (including WV) became Republican dominated. 60 years after Dixiecrats. The real change was with the great migration and FDRs new deal. Blacks left the Republican Party because of the new deal programs NOT because of racism. Republicans were vehemently against the new deal then just as they are against similar things today. The same thing occurred in white bread WV. WV was a reliable Republican state until Roosevelts Santa Claus programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT