ADVERTISEMENT

The TSA

Favorite TSA story: I have a friend that works for the DOJ. When asked to present his photo ID and boarding pass, he whipped out his government creds (a government-issued picture ID). The TSA lady looked at him like he had two heads and shook her head no. He asked what the problem was and she copped an attitude and told him that wouldn't work. He explained to her that it was his government employee ID. She told him it wouldn't work. He had to pull out his driver's license instead, which she accepted. So, she thought a state-issued ID that anybody can get was better proof of identity than one that requires an FBI background check and affords federal security clearance. Like Rox said, idiots.
Does his ID fall under one of these?
  • Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • Border crossing card
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
  • Airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
  • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

2. Semantics. Toiletry bag. It was late. It's a fvcking bag for my toothbrush, lotions, cologne, deodorant, Rogaine and hair products.
Semantics? I don't care how tired I am, "cosmetics purse" does not come to mind when I am thinking of the name of my bag.

Isn't there a nice segment of the female population that likes the bald look.

Have to look at the positives.
They are just curious and want to see if the carpet matches the drapes.

I wait longer for bags at CRW and HTS than any other airport. I think the pilots double as baggage handlers. It's painfully slow.
MDT is awful when it comes to waiting for bags, especially when another plane is landing within 15 minutes or so of yours, they will just wait and group them together, nice for the second plane because they get their bags within 5 minutes.

Does his ID fall under one of these?
  • Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • Border crossing card
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
  • Airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
  • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

Yes. Federal issued IDs are PIV cards now (see HSPD PIV above). I know you were hoping for a "gotcha" moment, but you should know what you're talking about before trying it, so suck it.

Yes. Federal issued IDs are PIV cards now (see HSPD PIV above). I know you were hoping for a "gotcha" moment, but you should know what you're talking about before trying it, so suck it.
I was just curious because I found it odd that his ID was not accepted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT