ADVERTISEMENT

The way too early if the season ended today NCAA seeding projection

CUSA STILL NO RESPECT - LOOKS LIKE ONLY ONE TEAM WILL BE IN THE - NCAA TOURNAMENT - AND MARSHALL IS RATED 9th in Conference, which is about right..................................

I would say CUSA can get 2 teams but someone other than ODU would have to win the league tourney as they are by far CUSA's best at large candidate...imo

Suprised to see UCF lower than us at 7-5, but then I saw their schedule. Totally forgot what a puss DJ was on the OOC schedule. They might be worse than us.

NCAA catches you and you go on your best behavior - turns out thats not really a pool DJ can tread water in.

Not saying I agree, but based on the current (way too early) ESPN projections (see link), they have WVU as a #2 seed, 6th overall selection. Which, bracketing-wise, would put them on the opposite side of the Board from UK as the overall #1. So - they don't think it's a much of a stretch to have WVU in the Final Four, and possibly the Mounties losing to UK. Again, way too early. But that's the essential effect of their rankings as of right now.

I would like to see the NCAA develop a system that controls the one-and-dones that is making a mockery of the term student athlete. If these schools want to put a team on the floor, there should be a percentage toward graduation for the entire team and a scholarship penalty for athletes that don't graduate.

One and done rule is the nba. They should make them stay 2 yrs. Let them go straight to thevpro's. Anybody who can land a million cash straight out of high school i dont blame them.Wish Ky could keep their players longer.

The "one and done" lands totally at the feet of the NBA.

The NCAA has nothing to do with nor can the NCAA change the rule.

I would love to see the NBA adopt the MLB rule with regards to kids coming out of high school.

The one-and-done rule came about because the market for rookies in the NBA had gotten out of control, and teams were signing top prospects too early and paying them too much. The competitive effect on the NCAA never was - and never will be - a concern.

People seem to think Cal loves one and dones. He just goes after the best players. Forcing kids to stay would only help him. He could have had a starting 5 of John Wall, Brandon Knight, Darius Miller, Anthony Davis, and Boogie Cousins. He had a few kids come back from last season and look what's happening.

If you made kids stay in school an extra year (a plan I actually support) I dont think it would hurt Kentucky at all. Maybe even make them better... All Calipari would have to do is change his recruiting speech from "Come play one year for me and be a lottery pick" to "come play two years for me and be a lottery pick" and with another year they are more likely to gel and pay as a team... As mentioned above, the guy just gets the best players. Kudos to him. The rules don't help or hinder him or UK.

Marshall 77...I can not understand how the NBA has the power to dictate what the NCAA does. "One & Done" is not good for college basketball fans, colleges....NOR FOR THE PLAYERS. Most (players) are NBA washouts with nothing to fall back on. I support let the NBA fund a league that gets players ready for BIG TIME......NOT colleges in America footing the bill. I understand the D-League...this is where kids should be out of high school without taking a scholarship from a deserving student/athlete.

Many, "only", get into college THE FIRST TIME because of their BB talent. When they become NBA washouts...I bet they end up back on the block with not a thought of attending college to prepare themselves for the HARD ROADS of LIFE.

Sweeney (HerdZilla22) in Charlotte

Originally posted by CarolinaHerdzilla:
Marshall 77...I can not understand how the NBA has the power to dictate what the NCAA does. "One & Done" is not good for college basketball fans, colleges....NOR FOR THE PLAYERS. Most (players) are NBA washouts with nothing to fall back on. I support let the NBA fund a league that gets players ready for BIG TIME......NOT colleges in America footing the bill. I understand the D-League...this is where kids should be out of high school without taking a scholarship from a deserving student/athlete.

Many, "only", get into college THE FIRST TIME because of their BB talent. When they become NBA washouts...I bet they end up back on the block with not a thought of attending college to prepare themselves for the HARD ROADS of LIFE.

it should come as no shock to anyone that you can't understand how the nba can dictate the qualifications for players that are eligible to participate in the nba.

Originally posted by CarolinaHerdzilla:

Gary, it is totally the NBA that controls this. The NCAA can't force anyone to stay in school. The NFL says that they will not allow anyone on their rosters until they have been out of HS for 3 years. The NBA says you must be 1 year removed from HS. MLB will allow anyone to sign with their teams regardless of school level. I believe they must be 17 years old as a minimum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT