ADVERTISEMENT

The woman lost in Zion NP for two weeks...

probably russian assets attempting to sway her from the paths in the park.

I went to Zion on Saturday afternoon. I go about once every other month to hike and/or bike, so I am quite familiar with a lot of the trails, and I've been following her story since it broke about 10 days ago including watching her daughter's Instagram for updates. I felt somewhat obligated to help, and since I was driving about 45 minutes from the entrance, I decided to hike it with the GF to see if we'd see anything.

It isn't unusual for bad shit to happen in national parks. I believe at least a half-dozen people disappear and are not recovered each year in national parks. When I hiked rim to rim in Grand Canyon a couple of months ago, there was a victim who fell to their death the same day. Just a few weeks ago, another victim fell to his death, and while recovering the body, remains from another person were discovered. So this woman disappearing wasn't far-fetched.

After the story broke yesterday morning of her being found, I told the GF that it seemed off. A person doesn't go into Zion expecting to stay 10 days, not tell anyone, and take just one pack. I'm curious to see if we ever hear more.

Reactions: GK4Herd
I think it was a hoax. Likely, met up with some dude for an 11 day sex-a-thon, and then went back into the woods, only to be quickly found. Has there been a photo of her released? If you're out there in the woods for a dozen days, you're going to look rough and weathered. I think her daughter might have been hot, but only quickly saw a picture of the two together on the news this a.m., so wasn't able to get a good look.

I would love to disappear off the grid for two weeks.
I’m more of a Florida keys person though.
8ab7a1cd70cb281335a171cfcdbef80e.jpg

Reactions: marshallisqbu
I think it was a hoax. Likely, met up with some dude for an 11 day sex-a-thon, and then went back into the woods, only to be quickly found. Has there been a photo of her released? If you're out there in the woods for a dozen days, you're going to look rough and weathered. I think her daughter might have been hot, but only quickly saw a picture of the two together on the news this a.m., so wasn't able to get a good look.
She met a big buck out there. if you know what I mean.

I went to Zion on Saturday afternoon. I go about once every other month to hike and/or bike, so I am quite familiar with a lot of the trails, and I've been following her story since it broke about 10 days ago including watching her daughter's Instagram for updates. I felt somewhat obligated to help, and since I was driving about 45 minutes from the entrance, I decided to hike it with the GF to see if we'd see anything.

It isn't unusual for bad shit to happen in national parks. I believe at least a half-dozen people disappear and are not recovered each year in national parks. When I hiked rim to rim in Grand Canyon a couple of months ago, there was a victim who fell to their death the same day. Just a few weeks ago, another victim fell to his death, and while recovering the body, remains from another person were discovered. So this woman disappearing wasn't far-fetched.

After the story broke yesterday morning of her being found, I told the GF that it seemed off. A person doesn't go into Zion expecting to stay 10 days, not tell anyone, and take just one pack. I'm curious to see if we ever hear more.
When breaking news happens, rifle is always on the scene.

Stories now say she hit her head and was disoriented. While that it certainly possible, it would greatly diminish the mental ability to survive the cold nights (I don't know the weather for the previous two weeks, but the current weekly forecast has night temps that are dangerous).

It isn't unusual for bad shit to happen in national parks

Yep, nature is mean and not caring at all. It is not an amusement park.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Stories now say she hit her head and was disoriented. While that it certainly possible, it would greatly diminish the mental ability to survive the cold nights (I don't know the weather for the previous two weeks, but the current weekly forecast has night temps that are dangerous).

I had been looking at the weather while following the story. The lowest it got at night was around 51 degrees. The blanket it stated she had claims that it keeps people warm in temperatures down to 45 degrees. She also had a puffy jacket (Patagonia, I believe), a couple of hats, and other clothes.

I think she would have been fine with the weather and with what she had. I just don't buy the disoriented story.

I had been looking at the weather while following the story. The lowest it got at night was around 51 degrees. The blanket it stated she had claims that it keeps people warm in temperatures down to 45 degrees. She also had a puffy jacket (Patagonia, I believe), a couple of hats, and other clothes.

I think she would have been fine with the weather and with what she had. I just don't buy the disoriented story.

Is the story line that she was planning several days there? If she was just hiking, day hiking I assume, why would she have blankets and multiple hats? And while we’re at it, why did the Howes take several suitcases and Ginger take evening gowns on a three hour tour?

ADVERTISEMENT