ADVERTISEMENT

There is some talk of action next week

Slim pickings indeed...

Teams who are not already playing Oct. 3 or Oct. 8... And also aren't already on our schedule later in the year.

Temple (Temple already pushed a previously scheduled Oct. 3 game back to later in the year)
UTEP (Maybe, but highly doubtful CUSA makes them take a road game on 12 days or less notice)
Syracuse, Wake Forest (ACC only allowing one OOC game, so not going to happen)
UL Lafayette (This is their one scheduled bye week, doubt they would want to fill it)

Looks like an FCS team in Huntington is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
UNC has come a long way since they lost to Appy State in September of last year.

They finished 2019 beating NC State and Temple by combined scores of 96-23 and pounded Syracuse 31-6 to open the season this year. Believe UNC is currently ranked #11.

So, no, they're not Bama or Ohio State but they are really good. Certainly much better than a mediocre P5.
UNCs record last year was 6-6 and then 1-0 in a bowl over Temple. The two teams you mentioned were NC State, who was 4-8 last year and Temple was 8-5 so its not like they beat juggernauts.
Syracuse was 5-7, 2-6 in conference last year and have already lost to UNC and Pitt this year to start the season 0-2. Nobody knows how good they will be this year but judging by their start it’s not looking good.

So maybe my wording was bad (mediocre) but other than the close loss to Clemson last year The week after their loss to Appy State which actually would solidIfy your not mediocre better than NC State and Temple, nothing they have done in 2019 and 2020 would make me put them in the likely a loss category.

It bums me out that even our hard core fans see us as nothing more than a homecoming game for a P5 even if they aren’t a top tier P5 program.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
If we don’t play up why do we even celebrate the 75 because Rick Tolley saw the future of college football with the input of black players and recruiting the whole US of A! People are in their right to say what they feel but to keep that thumb down because of one reason or another is personal preference and runs smack into the futures of Marshall and its deserved rise in greatness Acedmically and athletically. One day we will be in a Power Conference!

If we don’t play up why do we even celebrate the 75 because Rick Tolley saw the future of college football with the input of black players and recruiting the whole US of A! People are in their right to say what they feel but to keep that thumb down because of one reason or another is personal preference and runs smack into the futures of Marshall and its deserved rise in greatness Acedmically and athletically. One day we will be in a Power Conference!

Put down the scotch.

UNC has come a long way since they lost to Appy State in September of last year.

They finished 2019 beating NC State and Temple by combined scores of 96-23 and pounded Syracuse 31-6 to open the season this year. Believe UNC is currently ranked #11.

So, no, they're not Bama or Ohio State but they are really good. Certainly much better than a mediocre P5.

So UNC is really good because they beat a
bunch of bottom of the barrel conference mates?

Reactions: The Real SamC
Game that will not happen but should: Marshall @ Wake Forest this Saturday! Hell, play it on Sunday! Bus to Winston, play & bus back. I bet the ACCn would run it.
They find themselves w/o their marquee matchup w/ The Irish. We have green in our unis too!! Logistically impossible, I know....
I also know they already have their non-con scheduled with Campbell on 10/09. I think our great start is hurting our likelihood of lining up a quality game(s). We’re like Rocky - dangerous! Go Herd!

Last edited:
Reactions: herd66
I am still hopeful the we can have something set for Oct. 3rd. The fact the league has been dead silent is frustrating. I know they can't divulge anything until papers are signed but just a simple statement saying they are trying to work with member schools to get games set up would be a welcomed sign. The leadership of CDOA really just sucks. They'd never make it in a real business.

The best we can hope for is finding someone, anyone, to play us on Oct. 3... And if we don't hear anything by Saturday that date becomes just about dead too.

I said in another thread that I still believe the league will replace the Rice date at home with UAB
Marshall and UAB both have Nov 7 open. Why hasn't that game been scheduled? As for October, there is no common date open to play UAB.

Marshall and UAB both have Nov 7 open. Why hasn't that game been scheduled? As for October, there is no common date open to play UAB.
That has been speculated since they both lost games to Rice. That is a call the league must make since it is a league game

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
That has been speculated since they both lost games to Rice. That is a call the league must make since it is a league game
The league needs to mandate this since we need a home league game.
But, this leadership is so weak and incompetent, they will do nothing since it doesn’t involve a Texas school.

Navy !! For me ! Better chance to come out with a W. Not say we can’t win against UNC. We would have to be super aggressive on D couldn’t let the QB pick us apart . Have r DB ‘S play lock down man and play smart meaning no stupid Penalties .

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
Its Monday morning at 8:20... Chances of Marshall suddenly getting a game on 5 days notice are slim to none... Get ready for WKU and try to go undefeated.

You know what's going to happen? Two days before the game WKU suddenly has a "virus" problem. Then we are 1/2 way though our schedule in an over glorified Spring Season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT